BUG Reports v 1.39 (Read first page before post)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have encountered some annoying bugs.
the first i have not seen reported, so it could have to do with my install. it is that during sieges the siege menu keeps popping up. i have to constantly press "wait until tomorrow", this only happens during day-time though. night time runs smoothly during siege.
at one point a lost battle when the castle defenders sallied out, then this problem stopped for a whole day only to return the next. when i won battle the problem did not stop.

another problem is someone constantly engaging in conversation with you. it seems they are aggressive, but does not attack. i have experienced this with "Young Warriors" after i have attacked some. while travelling the land a group of them could follow me and keep asking if i seen some outlaws. now this has also happened with a Lord of a faction that i am not at war with, but i suppose they dislikes me from my earlier association with a 3rd faction.

these two problems combined make the current siege somewhat problematic and time consuming.

Lords main map banners and battle scene banners (so what shows up over their units' heads and on the shields) do not match up.  Caught my attention when PENDA OF MIERCE had the god damn CHI-RO banner over all of his units' heads.  Not sure if this has been reported, but it's bugging the hell out of me.

Funny and enjoyable bug

You can hire prisoners by talking to them and lose -10 morale. Well, apparently there is no check on morale of the party, so once it gets to 0 there is no more penalties. I just hired 30 Duguths and the penalty was only for the first 9, then off to the hore and raise the morale back to 91 (7*13) and pay 10,500. I could've hired all of my prisoners if I wanted to, as I own Alt Clut and the hore seems to be stuck there.

Put a check on morale so it's at least 1.

I sent gifts a couple times but got no messages they were received. Do they actually get there? How to check?

Idibil said:
Yes, you need heal a wound before of get other, or it will be permanent. Idea is that player isnt so suicidal  :grin:
Really, you have a 20% or less of probabilities of get light wound in battle (2 weeks to heal), and 5% for heavy wounds (1 month to heal)
Ok, np. How does one tell whether you have a light wound or a heavy wound then? All wounds that I have received so far take 1 month to heal, and they are not so rare. The notes in the game state that there is a 10% chance for heavy wounds (you might want to update that if it is now 5%). Together with the 20% for "light" wounds, I would say from the frequency of wounds that take 1 month to heal, all of them were heavy wounds.

i can not move court after i revolted and started my own kingdom.
when i was rejected a fief i promptly revolted against Glastenic and took all my possessions with me, my capital was auto assigned to Oxenaforda. i made my wife chief minister, as i made all my companoins lords.
problem is that Oxenaforda is on the edge of my realm and in a bad spot should the other biggies declare war. so i gathered the required materials and requested wife to move our court. she said very well, i left great hall and re-entered she was gone. so i left for Caer Uisc, but found she was not there, when i asked i was told she was at Oxenaforda.
i tried several times, even replaced her as chief minister, nothing helps. my court seem to be locked to Oxenaforda now...

After a couple nights reading through stuff, I think I located the problem for inactive lords. There was a variable that thoughtlessly locked a lord out of all activity if he needed to raise troops and lacked the wherewithall to do so. The problem came, of course, when the lord couldn't raise such money, whether because he had no fiefs or they were all looted or the expenses of his minimum army size exceeded his income.

It seems to me there was a point where the diversity and amount of activity by lords in M&B noticeably dropped. At any rate, next version of BW ought to be livelier...

In some castles the quest "rescue or ransom prisoner" does not work correctly. For example, in Hrofaes Ceaster after the dialogue with the prison guard, when you ask - "Give me the key". The guard does not go into an aggressive condition, the possibility of dialogue with them is lost, prison remains locked. Ability dialogue with any character on the courtyard disappears.

In a dialogue with the Lord is missing the possibility ransom prisoner.

If necessary I can send a savegame in front of the castle

Sorry for my English.

motomataru said:
After a couple nights reading through stuff, I think I located the problem for inactive lords. There was a variable that thoughtlessly locked a lord out of all activity if he needed to raise troops and lacked the wherewithall to do so. The problem came, of course, when the lord couldn't raise such money, whether because he had no fiefs or they were all looted or the expenses of his minimum army size exceeded his income.

It seems to me there was a point where the diversity and amount of activity by lords in M&B noticeably dropped. At any rate, next version of BW ought to be livelier...
In my current game one of the lords of Fortriu is inactive for more than 300 days. He has fiefs: 1 castle and 2 villages (and he has it from the start), all of them in average prosperity status. BUT (!!!) he sitting not in his castle. So, your hypothesis is not cover all the cases.

BUGS:
1. Suddenly... LOTS of lords become my friends. Without any reason.
2. Stone bucket type of arena become broken.
9hPbG.jpg
3. Script errors. Mostly 1747.
PXJhi.jpg
4. Can you fix this monster ?  :mrgreen:
Abta8.jpg

Sobakozoid said:
In my current game one of the lords of Fortriu is inactive for more than 300 days. He has fiefs: 1 castle and 2 villages (and he has it from the start), all of them in average prosperity status. BUT (!!!) he sitting not in his castle. So, your hypothesis is not cover all the cases.
Who is it? How large is his army? What does he say he is doing?

motomataru said:
Sobakozoid said:
Toisearch Domlech of Fortriu. He's sitting in Dun Nechtain. His army is constantly 68 men for more then 300 days, maybe even from the start of the game he's there. He say that he needs to rest and raise some men.
I think main problem is that lords do not check whose fief they occupied.

Sobakozoid said:
1. Suddenly... LOTS of lords become my friends. Without any reason.
If you have high honour, all lords that are upstanding will automatically become friendly too you, even when you have never met them. At 300+ honour, they will constantly have 100 relation with you.

Sobakozoid said:
motomataru said:
Sobakozoid said:
Toisearch Domlech of Fortriu. He's sitting in Dun Nechtain. His army is constantly 68 men for more then 300 days, maybe even from the start of the game he's there. He say that he needs to rest and raise some men.
I think main problem is that lords do not check whose fief they occupied.
You're right, my hypothesis was wrong: the code doesn't even have him go collect rents...

Domlech through his advanced age probably has ideal party size 289, so he's at 23%. 68 average troops cost 789 per week; Domlech as a level 2 knight makes 880 per week. If he's got better than average troops, he's got no wealth to buy recruits.

The code keeps him home to recruit since he's got less than 30% of his party, but might not send him out to collect taxes when there's no campaign (80%/3 = 26%). Since home is a fortress, it makes no money for him.

#max : 30%+15%+35% = 80% (happens when there is no campaign and player is near to its home center.)
  (lt, ":party_strength_as_percentage_of_ideal", ":lowest_acceptable_strength_percentage"),

(try_begin),
    (store_div, ":lowest_acceptable_strength_percentage_div_3", ":lowest_acceptable_strength_percentage", 3),
    (ge, ":party_strength_as_percentage_of_ideal", ":lowest_acceptable_strength_percentage_div_3"),
    (troop_get_slot, ":troop_wealth", ":troop_no", slot_troop_wealth),
    (le, ":troop_wealth", 1800),
    (assign, ":do_only_collecting_rents", 1),
  (try_end),

(assign, ":action", spai_holding_center),
  (assign, ":eek:bject", ":home_center"),

(try_begin),
    (eq, ":troop_no", "$g_talk_troop"),
    (str_store_string, s14, "str_i_dont_have_enough_troops_and_i_need_to_get_some_more"),

(str_store_string, s16, "str_i_am_running_low_on_troops"),
  (try_end),

(eq, ":do_only_collecting_rents", 0),
The good news is, my fix of not allowing him to stay home if he can't afford to recruit solves this problem as well.

Last night under the fixed code I traveled Hwicce to Fortiu then back down to the Mierce/Lindisware border. I saw maybe a handful of forts/towns with lords in them. Some lords were feasting, others were beat up. Maybe two were recruiting. Moreover, I saw 3-4 going to collect rents from their villages; others doing things I haven't seen in a while, like raiding out of revenge. Most lords were patrolling near their holdings (insead of sitting in them as now).

Idibil said:
Yes, you need heal a wound before of get other, or it will be permanent. Idea is that player isnt so suicidal  :grin:
Really, you have a 20% or less of probabilities of get light wound in battle (2 weeks to heal), and 5% for heavy wounds (1 month to heal)
I have counted the days it takes to heal my wounds, and it is 30 - total skill points in healing skills (bonuses from books in inventory don't seem to apply). All my wounds take this long to heal (the ones that you can see in the camp menu). Any new wound makes an existing wound permanent; if this is correct, then the ingame explanation under notes needs to be changed. I recently received a wound where I got a fullscreen message for the first time (similar to a border incident), which stated that I had injured a tendon (-1 strength) and should think about retiring. Was this then a heavy wound? When I clicked on "Am I injured?" in the camp menu afterwards, it said I was fine, but one strength was gone.

Some other things I have noticed:
  • Sometimes the villagers in a village go haywire and they all start wandering towards the edge of the map like robots, most just ending up walking into buildings.
  • I moved my court from Kelliwic to Caer Uisc, but every time I go back to Kelliwic, all my staff members are still there. Also my chamberlain seems to appear in every village that I own, instead of staying at my court...  :roll:
  • In some scenes there are rocks that are flying in the air. I have seen this on some battle maps too. For an example, check out the village Cructan.

Hi everyone...

I stumbled upon a type of medium spear that I found very nice: trendy striped shaft, awesomely wicked needle-sharp blade

... except for a small detail: it's no bigger that an (admittedly big) toothpick:

It's unintentional, right?

I put some items in the armory (by talking to my constable), including a masterwork sword and a blue kingly mail. The last item I bought in a shop, since I had never seen it before and its quite rare. I noticed that my constable was actually wearing the same armour (blue kingly mail). A few days later I checked in my armory again, and several items had disappeared (the masterwork sword and several balanced horseman javelins that I had looted from battles), while the blue kingly mail had changed itself into "constable mail". I noticed then that the constable was now wearing the same armour as this new mail in the armory (which incidentally has no armour penalties). The constable was lying when he said one should keep one's items safe in the armory...  :evil:

When fighting enemy troops near a village that they were raiding, the villagers usually join the fight on my side. The problem is, there are too many of them. When I click on "assess nearby troops", it usually states that something like 6-16 peasants from the village join my side, which would be fine if it were the case, but these numbers are always wrong. There are always between 50-60 peasants in the battle, and many times they cause me to lose the first phase of battle, because they screw up the shield wall and reinforcements, thereby increasing the chance of injury. Wonder whether it is because I have 99 relation with all villages; are they are too eager to die for me? :razz: Could the number of peasants in the battles please be made to be that stated in the assessment?

roftie said:
I put some items in the armory (by talking to my constable), including a masterwork sword and a blue kingly mail. The last item I bought in a shop, since I had never seen it before and its quite rare. I noticed that my constable was actually wearing the same armour (blue kingly mail). A few days later I checked in my armory again, and several items had disappeared (the masterwork sword and several balanced horseman javelins that I had looted from battles), while the blue kingly mail had changed itself into "constable mail". I noticed then that the constable was now wearing the same armour as this new mail in the armory (which incidentally has no armour penalties). The constable was lying when he said one should keep one's items safe in the armory...  :evil:

When fighting enemy troops near a village that they were raiding, the villagers usually join the fight on my side. The problem is, there are too many of them. When I click on "assess nearby troops", it usually states that something like 6-16 peasants from the village join my side, which would be fine if it were the case, but these numbers are always wrong. There are always between 50-60 peasants in the battle, and many times they cause me to lose the first phase of battle, because they screw up the shield wall and reinforcements, thereby increasing the chance of injury. Wonder whether it is because I have 99 relation with all villages; are they are too eager to die for me? :razz: Could the number of peasants in the battles please be made to be that stated in the assessment?

Better yet would be to just limit the amount that can be on the map at once. If 50 want to join fine, but make it so that if you will reach the battle size limit that only 10-20% of the troops can be the peasants...

In other bugs, not sure if this has been mentioned before. But I seem to get soldiers that are stuck horizontally in the ground rather frequently... Sometimes it can cause me to have to quit the battle and reload because my guys are too stupid to be able to hit them.

NoriSilverrage said:
In other bugs, not sure if this has been mentioned before. But I seem to get soldiers that are stuck horizontally in the ground rather frequently... Sometimes it can cause me to have to quit the battle and reload because my guys are too stupid to be able to hit them.
I read somewhere that that one has been fixed for the next release already, but until then, it should not break your battles. If your guys bunch up trying to hit the corpse, just order them to hold position somewhere else. As they move away, someone will get a good hit in. If you are unconscious, you'll have to wait a while before someone scores the hit. If you are not unconscious, the fastest is to handle it yourself. One overhead hit will put the sucker out of misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom