Bug Reports and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Were I to create a graphic tracing the routes caravans and villagers take from city to city and village to city respectively, while also charting out routes of convenience (say passable valleys between mountains), would you add road textures to the game?

I love the work on the map with the farm plots and the varied terrain. Vanilla and modules usually have mostly featureless terrain, sometimes just a giant patch of green with a few mountains making up the whole land. I was pleasantly surprised when I loaded up an early version of Sayazn and saw the detail on the map.

I would, and this is the inner Total War player in me, like to see roads between settlements. Roads are probably one of the most integral things that made up early civilization. The Romans, Persians, and Inca (to name a few) created renowned roads that marked what territory was theirs and made faster travel for armies. Now I'm not suggesting roads give speed advantages, I want them purely for aesthetic. Truthfully, I hope they integrate roads in Bannerlord that give advantages in the base game, but I'm not expecting that for Warband or its modules.

I think they would be a really nice touch.

Kadoken said:
Were I to create a graphic tracing the routes caravans and villagers take from city to city and village to city respectively, while also charting out routes of convenience (say passable valleys between mountains), would you add road textures to the game?

Roads in warband are a silly workaround that screws up movement, and aren't actually  Ever noticed how your movement is really wonky if you're moving near them in native? They're just dents in the terrain mesh that are painted with steppe terrain. I do have a really rough image which shows the trade routes, if you want that.

Even without the dents, I'll have to make narrow corridors of texture which messes up movement quite a bit. And since my "steppe" texture is actually normal grass, I'll  be forced to use the desert texture, which I've tried before and it doesn't look very good. And I can't add new terrain types either.

jacobhinds said:
Even without the dents, I'll have to make narrow corridors of texture which messes up movement quite a bit. And since my "steppe" texture is actually normal grass, I'll  be forced to use the desert texture, which I've tried before and it doesn't look very good. And I can't add new terrain types either.

Really? I didn't know it was that hard.

A question, do you have anything planned for late game? Some sort of challenges or something to do like government changes, palace/manor/city building? Just so the end game doesn't turn into a large military campaign with nothing but conquering and crushing rebellions.

On the subject of government changes, is that even possible? I know Kasthind has a custom government with electors and then you have the revolutionaries which, I assume will have some sort of custom government of its own.

jacobhinds said:
Endgame shouod be less grindy since you're allowed to vassalise smaller faction either as part of a peace deal or by ressurecting them.

I'll see if I can implement government change for all the factions, but it's not a priority right now.

It's ok, I'm just brainstorming out suggestions and immersion features (usually they're in other mods I've played so that I don't suggest anything impossible to put in). Like having poorer character starts be illiterate and having to learn literacy, customizable troops, palace building, commissioning monuments that can be viewable in town scenes, RPG elements that would make you feel like an actual leader doing things and progressing your country and building your legacy rather than the boring take over castle/town, loot a village, maybe get married, attend a feast and repeat. :smile:

So there are a few bugs I found. Will add to list when I encounter more bugs

-The first one is in the snow nomad (forgot their name) villages (well I didn't check the other factions yet), where every villager has the same name and stands around not walking, they also talk like bandits when you try and talk to them. Also the village elder is always standing in the far back outskirts of the villages

-The merchant guy in the first quest also hangs around the tavern and asks you when you're ready to leave, like a companion (didn't get a screenshot of this) and he doesnt join the party, didnt check to see if he dissapears

-Also this most likely isn't a bug but the factions in the lord relations thing still has vanilla names, I think this is just something to do with not changing the names?

-Dunno if this is intentional but lord party banners don't show up.

-The banner selection screen is also bugged, the banner you get is much different than the one you choose

-There was a banner that failed to load named the yuri banner in the market

-A few clothes also just have missing body parts.

Here are screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/AV98M

http://imgur.com/a/mH2d8

Also the game sometimes crashes with a message saying something like
"Unable to position party {!}enemies killed at (random numbers)" randomly when entering and exiting towns. Happened twice already

Could any of these be caused by a faulty download?

As for suggestions

-Haven't fully tested this out but the nomad musketeers seem to be outranged by provincial musketeers (and I assume by other gunpowder based factions), I know it's more of a cavalry based faction but there's no need to give them less range cause skill =/= ballistics

-I think the nomadic faction should also have bowmen to compliment their crappy musketeers. They are nomads after all

-Shouldn't the nomadic villages look more nomadic? Currently all of them share the same scene and all of them look European, with stone buildings and even a castle

-Lower the upkeep for higher tier units, I'm not the only one complaining too :razz:

peenerz said:
-Lower the upkeep for higher tier units, I'm not the only one complaining too :razz:

I think something like in L'Aigle would be good, where you pay to get and upgrade troops, but you don't pay them weekly, considering the supposed time period this is in.

Considering this is set in a time period where in "our World" (holly **** that sounds stupid) warfare was the most expensive it has ever been, from a salery and recruitment point I mean that would be realy stupid. In L'Aigle it makes sence becouse thats how the French War Machine worked, the State would pay, not the officers, generales or Marshalls.

Hi!

The mod is great ! But i have some graphics trouble about pictures and banners in game !

On the campaign map i don't see any banners.

And in the "factions" section i have no pictures.

The trouble it's about missing files ? Or just graphic card (Ati) ?
If anyone know a solution  :ohdear:

English is not my natural language sorry for errors.

Back
Top Bottom