Bug Reports and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I just changed all Pikes in the Game (bettersaid the Equipment for the Pikemen) to the Longer Pikes (alias Sayazn_Super_Pike). They are 3,7 instead of 2,5 Meters long and they deal sooo much better with Cav! Also, when the Pikemen work in groups of atleast 2 they can easily beat bassicly everyone that doesnt have heavy amour, while a single Pikeman doesnt have a chance. It honestly works so much better and it fixes the Warband Problem of Dealing with Cav spam. Might I ask why it isn't the default Pike?

I tried it out a while ago and it got caught on everything, making all pike engagements messy stun-fests. I've always been under the impression not to use weapons longer than 245 length and that seems to be the limit of what warband agents can deal with.

Might give it a few more tests to see how it fares.

That hotfix worked beautifully.

Now that I'm able to recruit them, are the Kasthind Linemen supposed to look like American Revolutionary war soldiers?

Edit: they look like French Revolutionary soldiers as well.

I guess it's a Republic theme

jacobhinds said:
I tried it out a while ago and it got caught on everything, making all pike engagements messy stun-fests. I've always been under the impression not to use weapons longer than 245 length and that seems to be the limit of what warband agents can deal with.

Might give it a few more tests to see how it fares.

I think pushes of pike should be deadly stunfests, that is, if we are thinking of the same kind of stun, where pikemen just end up poking each other mercilessly and keep "recoiling" from being continuously stabbed.

Pikes work marvelously well in WFAS at proper pike length, is there any mechanic/engine difference in warband/sayazn?

I found a bug I think.

Ashmanna revolted and was seized by a 890 man strong revolutionary garrison. I left it alone for a long time until I noticed it could only hold out in a siege for ten days. So I starved the defenders out. The troops able to fight went down to around 100, but then just started to heal anyway. The game said the garrison was still starving so I don't know what happened.

Because this feature never turns up in native warband, almost nobody knows how the feature works (including me, apparently). Just had a quick look at the code, basically when the defenders are starving, there's a 10% chance every day for the town to surrender unconditionally. I'll raise this to 20%.

Never tried in my Life to starve out a City, since you will always (atleast in Native) starve before the Guys in the Castle.

MrMundy said:
Never tried in my Life to starve out a City, since you will always (atleast in Native) starve before the Guys in the Castle.

It was ten days and I packed a looooot of food

jacobhinds said:
Because this feature never turns up in native warband, almost nobody knows how the feature works (including me, apparently). Just had a quick look at the code, basically when the defenders are starving, there's a 10% chance every day for the town to surrender unconditionally. I'll raise this to 20%.

Oh. Maybe I should go back and wait for that 10% to fire off.

Waka The Fox said:
I just noticed.. how the hell do I get pistols without cheating? xD no merchant sells any

Same with modern rifles and revolvers.

Edit: no one drops them, and I have fought revolutionaries and modern troops a lot.

Edit 2: yeah I don' think starving out works at all. I've been at the starved out phase waiting for the unconditional surrender to fire for 45 minjtes, and it hasn't yet

Edit 3: How are you supposed to deal with 890 man strong towns anyway? I think Kasthind for most of the game has only been able to summon 450 men total, Sayazn at its prime 700. The AI generals don't seem to be good at recruiting troops and the revolutionary generals never seem to do much so you can't hope to beat them, make them take out more men from their garrison, and weaken cities that wat

I love this mod and have been addicted since I downloaded it. I like an original setting that adds technological fantasy and a balanced mix of sword and guns like this. Plus the art is great, I love the cartoon-comic depictions of people it has.

Some suggestions:

More gun types for modernized countries? I was thinking maybe carbine repeaters for cavalry, and maybe some cheap, mass produced firearm that would not have good damage or aim but rather be used to supply large armies with some sort of standard gun, a standardized firearm is what I guess I'm describing?

Going on the standardized equipment thing, a cheap standardized uniform attire for those large armies that wouldn't offer much in the way of protection but again be a cost effective way to cover everyone.

(I might get pelted with fruit for this one)

Just going by how the setting is, with airship battles and the like, would some sort of expensive, slow moving, armored vehicle that would be used to shield infantry from gunfire and allow them to get closer to the enemy lines as well as block cavalry charges. The armor would only be effective against gunfire, explosives can still damage and disable the vehicle. The vehicle itself wouldn't have any offensive capabilities but rather would act as a bullet sponge and block to prevent cavalry charges from being as effective. Maybe some factions could have a unique version of the vehicle that might drive a little faster or have a specialized mounted repeater rifle on it. The mod "The Reckoning" managed to put in vehicles so it is possible. I don't know how the AI would work with it though.

(holds up the shield and waits for the fruit)

The Modern Guns are Henry-Martinis MKIV's. The point of these guns were its Accuracy and Reloading Speed. The entire British Army used them for quite some time (Pre WW1 Industrialisation advanced to quickly for them to stay long in duty).
Right now they just reload to slowly to have a reason to nerf them.

Considering the armoured vehicle, the only thing I could Imagine you talking about is something like a War Wagon.
iUPCt.jpg

If you are talking about something like a wooden shield though, normaly shown with archers cowering behind it, that is indeed possibile (from a logical point, not from a Modding point).

Here you can see one being used at the Reenactment of the Siege of Grolle, used to protect the Infantrymen which relly forwards to set up chaveux de Frise and that sort of stuff:
vZrPD.jpg
Just...please pretend its what I described, I actully cant find my Photos from the Reenactment anymore.

Absolutely looking forward to the next version.

Any chance we could see some spiked helmets for late infantry? I suppose Khaldim would be the best candidate as they seem the be rather European/Nordic/Eastern European(?)

pe1842c.jpg

Royal_Swedish_Guard,_Stockholm.jpg

Then again, supposedly the Persians took a liking to the pickelhaube as well, and many of the factions are quite similar in uniform to them. Just take a look at that weird spiked leather shako.

cache_35532796.jpg

That, or how about some Jingasa for the modern Ishtari infantry? They seem to have a Japanese influence

Asedio+Aizu+2.jpg

jingasa036a.jpg

I do love me some varied head-wear.

MrMundy said:
Considering the armoured vehicle, the only thing I could Imagine you talking about is something like a War Wagon.
iUPCt.jpg

If you are talking about something like a wooden shield though, normaly shown with archers cowering behind it, that is indeed possibile (from a logical point, not from a Modding point).

Here you can see one being used at the Reenactment of the Siege of Grolle, used to protect the Infantrymen which relly forwards to set up chaveux de Frise and that sort of stuff:
vZrPD.jpg
Just...please pretend its what I described, I actully cant find my Photos from the Reenactment anymore.

Kind of like a war wagon, yes. I did this little late night doodle to illustrate what I mean:

XIVsxoI.png

A walk-through of this thing:
  • The frame is a hard wood, to allow some flexibility of the craft as well as make it slightly lighter.
  • The shield is supported by a series of lateral beams holding up slatted horizontal planks. Covering the horizontal planks is (very) thin sheets of steel plate. A view-port allows the pilot to see out the front. The shield is wider than the craft itself to provide cover. Iron spikes line the shield to deter cavalry.
  • The wheels are wooden with wood rims and iron axial. The contact surfaces of the wheels are covered in a thin iron strip like old carriages. The rear wheels are connected to the engine pistons, providing push, and have spikes on the contact surface to provide traction. The small front wheels steer the craft.
  • The engine is a steam boiler with two pistons that turn the tear axial. The output is around 2 to 2.5 horse power. This allows the craft to move steadily around walking to slightly faster than marching speeds. Going up a hill causes the craft to slow to a crawl, however. The turning radius of the craft is relatively large as well so these things don't turn easily.
  • The pilot sits on a small seat on the left side, steering the craft with a large stick and has three levers, one is throttle, a break, and the other releases steam from the boiler. The gunner stands on the box that contains fuel for the burner and operates a mounted duel barrel lever action rifle. The rifle is capable of firing two rounds in quick succession each time the lever is worked.

The purpose of this craft is that after modernization of the countries I've noticed players saying that the battles turn into blood-baths. From a historical perspective this was also true of 17th century combat (though this mod is a mix of 17th-19th century weaponry), historically they used various mobile and quickly constructed fortifications in attempts to stave off musket fire until artillery and muskets became more accurate and ended the practice. I would imagine that the armies of this universe would be attempting to also protect their troops from being peppered by bullets from quick firing rifles.

To attempt to fit this craft into the rock-paper-scissors mechanic mentioned on the first page, the big weakness of this vehicle would be grenades. While the vehicle would be untouchable to things like bullets, due to the armor plating, and a cavalry charge due to the angled spikes and mounted gun, a well aimed grenade would easily destroy the vehicle as it would either kill the occupants, damage the wheels, or cause the boiler to blow.

Gameplay-wise, I think if this is added, to make it work you would have the true controller of the craft be the gunner. The pilot of the craft would be part of the vehicle model itself and not a player or AI. This would allow the player (or AI) to control, fire and pivot the gun as well as drive the vehicle. I believe this is how the mod "The Reckoning" made their gun-mounted trucks work, though I need to download and play that mod to confirm this.

Hey, on that Kasthind hotfix: it saved my game, but the price to upgrade conscripts to block or line infantry is 100 denari, and the experience required for them to upgrade is much, much more than other low tier troops. The upgrade from linemen to riflemen is only 20 denari, so I assume that's unintentional.

I could't find a way to avoid/fix that. Same Problem with Conscripts: Their salery is 25, While Line is just 5. I would just suggest sticking with Line honestly.

Hey, so when I requested a fortress I captured on my own, and did not recieve that fort even when I requested it, I did not receive a prompt that would allow rebel and form my own kingdom.

Can this option be in the next update? My men held the castle, they could seize it any time they please. It's mine by right of the blood shed there.

Edit: then Councillor Gudan just gave me the castle. The castle said it belonged to someone else when ai checked and I couldn't mess with the garrison before. Huh. Maybe that feature is in and I'm just impatient.

Edit 2: the siege of Kasthind has a huge bug. There is an invisible wall the AI cannot pass through on the upper level ingress.

Executing dissidents results in another bug of the event taking place when you wait anywhere.

Not sure if this is really a bug, but my game won't even load past the first loading screen. It processes the .ini file quickly then moves on to load the textures. This is where it gets stuck. I've waited up to 2 hours on "Loading Textures..." I've only managed to load it once before, but the game ran incredibly slow.

Back
Top Bottom