Bug Reports: 1.54

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Job Mr Xenoargh!
:grin:

ive got another issue now...
i captured a town(praven), and soon was besieged by a minor group(6) of lords...
the battle was my 2600 defenders vs 6400 attackers...now...
in battle, my battle atvantage is always the same amount as the number of attackers(eg: battle atvantage=6400)

and the actual number of troops on the field is sth like: us: 70 allies:115 enemy:105(its always 105!!)

the result was 40(!!!) rounds, with 105 casualties for them every round, until they were "small" enough to attack openly.....
no additional losses like in the field battles.

there must be some mistake around there...
is this going to be fixed? should i use battle size changer...hmmmm...irdk...

oh...after that small "skirmish" i saw the king and his main host on the horizon.....

I will take a look at the siege problem asap.  I think I just didn't use the same ratios there, for some reason.  Anyhow, I'll consider that a bug, not a feature.

Every damn second Wilhelm keeps running on to my troop and saying if a have seen any undead, he just does not stop talking, i cant travel on the map because of Wilhelm. Is there any way to fix the problem that Wilhelm would stop talking to me

FinnishKnight said:
Every damn second Wilhelm keeps running on to my troop and saying if a have seen any undead, he just does not stop talking, i cant travel on the map because of Wilhelm. Is there any way to fix the problem that Wilhelm would stop talking to me

Something tells me you're not running the latest version.

Apologies for this unrefined looking list, I made it on a whim while I played the mod. I would have reported many more problems but a certain infamous Wilhelm bug prevented me from playing, and he kept crashing my game.

These are not only bugs mentioned but also some balance issues as well.

--

forcing supplies from peasants forces you to go to the plunder options menu

some sister mercs seem too cheap

blank text window after greet message from npcs

quests seem very rare

polearm thrust animation is weird (with lances for example)

you can hire companies of recruits at a town you own, and pay the fee, but its wasted money if your party is full

in-battle report messages overflow often and i stop receiving reports

battles on campaign map seem to start and end instantly, except for maybe sieges or other battles with thousands of units.

quest rewards and most other npc rewards are too low

burning villages doesn't lower your reputation with the faction properly. increasing reputation is similarly strange, army of light still hates me even though i've taken over tons of evil territory

attacking the initial death knight castles (the ones they have before expanding) and clearing them out results in it not being captured, just empty

if you are hostile with the army of light, wilhelm will try to attack you but does not initiate a battle, so you will be spammed until you find a place to stay. this also often crashes your game.

alephs need a higher wage since they're cheaper than most units, and they also need to be balanced. should be made so they can't fire while moving, ammo lowered to 25, reload speed increased.

towns and castles spawn new alephs too fast, it's very easy to spam them in your army

the sound for when a hit is dodged should be changed so it's more obvious

templar defenders have cheaper wage when they are upgraded from hired blade (and possibly templar pikemen?) by 24 denars

the aim for the aleph cannon is way off

enemy heroes are too weak compared to you

some quest givers dont give the greeting dialog, and immediately ask you to reconsider declining

looted an aleph cannon. it has no model or inventory icon but works.

no reinforcements makes besieging castles very easy and quick

barbarian class is too powerful

reinforcements need to be brought back or there will be too many lack of difficulty problems

forcing supplies from peasants forces you to go to the plunder options menu
I'll have to test this, but I don't think that's a bug, just that it works differently than Native did.

some sister mercs seem too cheap
That's not a bug, it's a balance request.  Some specificity (i.e., which troops do you think are too cheap) would be useful here.

blank text window after greet message from npcs
Which NPCs?  What context?

quests seem very rare
What quests?  You mean like the requests from the villagers, the town mayors, etc?

polearm thrust animation is weird (with lances for example)
This is fixed in the next build already.

you can hire companies of recruits at a town you own, and pay the fee, but its wasted money if your party is full
Yeah, I should write a fix for that.

in-battle report messages overflow often and i stop receiving reports
Turn the messages off, or just set to player only?

battles on campaign map seem to start and end instantly, except for maybe sieges or other battles with thousands of units
This has been fixed.

quest rewards and most other npc rewards are too low
Noted.  IDK whether I'll fix them again or not this build.

burning villages doesn't lower your reputation with the faction properly
I'll take a look at that, but basically, it should reduce your reputation both with the faction and with certain other factions (Manhunters, the Army of Light).  Choosing to do anything drastic, like massacre everybody, massively changes your reputation with them.

attacking the initial death knight castles (the ones they have before expanding) and clearing them out results in it not being captured, just empty
That's very much an un-finished feature atm.

if you are hostile with the army of light, wilhelm will try to attack you but does not initiate a battle, so you will be spammed until you find a place to stay. this also often crashes your game.
I thought that was fixed by the 1.54 patch.

alephs need a higher wage since they're cheaper than most units, and they also need to be balanced. should be made so they can't fire while moving, ammo lowered to 25, reload speed increased.
Aleph balance has been completely reworked for the next build.

towns and castles spawn new alephs too fast, it's very easy to spam them in your army
Ditto.

the sound for when a hit is dodged should be changed so it's more obvious
I don't think that can be done.

templar defenders have cheaper wage when they are upgraded from hired blade (and possibly templar pikemen?) by 24 denars
I don't think that's possible, but I'll test it.

the aim for the aleph cannon is way off
No, it's correct, in that it fires from the barrel; it's just that the perspective of the player's in an odd place.  I could offset the POV over a bit on the X axis, but that would also lead to complaining.  Consider it part of the challenge :smile:

enemy heroes are too weak compared to you
They're massively buffed in the next build.

some quest givers dont give the greeting dialog, and immediately ask you to reconsider declining
This is too vague; I need to know what contexts this happens in to test it and fix it.

no reinforcements makes besieging castles very easy and quick
It's a lot harder in the next build.

barbarian class is too powerful
The classes are not meant to be balanced.

reinforcements need to be brought back or there will be too many lack of difficulty problems
Reinforcements make the game crash for me and a lot of other people.  I've made things a lot harder in the next build to make it less of an issue.

Sorry about some of the vague points.

"quests seem very rare"

When I'm asking Lords for quests at a feast for example, most of the time not one of them has a quest. If it were native I would have got maybe 4 quests from that at least. Maybe there is some way the mod changes the world that lowers quest chance, I'm not sure. They say something like "There are some some errands I could have done, but a man of vassalage like you is not worthy of chores."

"burning villages doesn't lower your reputation with the faction properly"

I'd like to re-phrase this by saying it does work properly, but only like 1 in every 5 villages massacred. The reputation drops/gains are very inconsistent and most of the time when looting there isn't much consequence.

"forcing supplies from peasants forces you to go to the plunder options menu"

Are you sure it's not a bug? I can't get that window where it says "the peasants grudgingly bring supplies", and I wish it did, so I wouldn't have to plunder the town and get even less reputation. It forces me to plunder each time.

"if you are hostile with the army of light, wilhelm will try to attack you but does not initiate a battle, so you will be spammed until you find a place to stay. this also often crashes your game."

I do have 1.5.4 but it still happens, apparently others are still getting it too.

"blank text window after greet message from npcs"

When I greet a Lord for example, they will say something like "Ah, hello again Draulius", but after skipping that the next text window is blank. But if I skip that too I can talk to them normally. It's just an extra click. Not a major issue, but it's there.

I'd also like to bring up two new problems I have:

1. I think Heroic Health regenerates too fast, and I can literally go into battle naked and not worry too much about taking damage. I feel like there is no point in heavy armor with it on. I know I can turn it off, but it shouldn't be as good as it is even when it's turned on.

2. Razor's Edge. As much as I like the design for this place, every time I'm there dozens of enemies (usually Remnants) fall down into the water and live. Then it's my army shooting into the water for 20 minutes, and I am forced to retreat. I don't know if it's possible, but the water should just instantly kill you. It's easy to 'dodge' and survive the fall damage.

Epicrules said:
FinnishKnight said:

Im playing 1_54 v

I can confirm that all Templar troops and the Sisters of Mercy do take a pay-cut compared to their elite counterparts. Also, I don't know if intended, but dueling lords legit i.e. because you're trying to court a lady leaves you horribly disadvantaged. Lords stay in their armor and weapons while you get a flimsy shirt and dinky sword.

FinnishKnight said:
Epicrules said:
FinnishKnight said:

Im playing 1_54 v

Are you playing on an old save from before the patch?

The "Knight's Elite Polehammer" only thrust and overhead attacks. No left or right swings. Probably the same for the non-Elite Knight's Polehammer as well.

i just noticed that my swadian swordsman have no helms or sword and shield. i don't mean not equipped they are invisible so i have a bunch of headless armless troops running around its pretty funny actually

Whenever I download B&S and try to run it, it pops up this error message:

65045y.png

Any way to fix it? I used to be able to play this mod.

Well, that means you're not getting the installer intact. 

We had somebody have trouble with Nexus's downloads because of their AV recently; perhaps this is a similar problem?

xenoargh said:
Well, that means you're not getting the installer intact. 

We had somebody have trouble with Nexus's downloads because of their AV recently; perhaps this is a similar problem?
So anyway to fix it, i've downloaded it loads of times.

Last guy who had a problem turned his AV off while downloading it and it worked.  I really don't understand why Nexus is giving some people lots of problems, but works 100% OK over here every time I test it- this is not my area of expertise  :???:

Anyhow, I'll report it to the Nexus administration team; this has been happening ever since I started using them and it never used to be a major issue with MBRepository.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom