Bug Reports: 1.54

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I have Marnid and have "I will pilot the Aleph" selected and fight a siege battle where there is an Aleph in the garrison, than I am placed in the enemy Aleph on the walls, on the enemy side (forced to kill my own troops  :sad: ).  I'm on 1.54, new game.

I found a bug when trying to talk to my companions it almost always crashes my game.
Post the rgl_log.txt in a spoiler here.

Deis said:
If I have Marnid and have "I will pilot the Aleph" selected and fight a siege battle where there is an Aleph in the garrison, than I am placed in the enemy Aleph on the walls, on the enemy side (forced to kill my own troops  :sad: ).  I'm on 1.54, new game.
I will take a look at this asap, it shouldn't happen.  BTW, if you let Marnid drive the Aleph, do you still have the same issues?

Jebiz, are you inside a town when you talk to your companion and it crashes? I had that aswell, but only when I was inside a town. This happened in Halmar with whats her face, the chick with the bow.

xenoargh said:
Hrmm.  I can't seem to replicate the "I wish to make peace" bug.  I threatened a caravan, lowered rep with the Vaegir, went to talk to them; everything worked over here.

I've added a non-conditional catch code just in case there's an exception somewhere; it will at least dump the player back out of the dialog.

I'm currently away from PC, but I've just simulated it earlier with Swadia at Praven with King Harlaus specifically. Not sure if the bug is only with Swadia/Praven/King Harlaus. Later I will test with the Vaegirs.

I presume you're not doing anything funky, like attacking them single-handedly?
The other bug is a really old one, and really hard to simulate.  But yes, I did attack them single-handedly. It's a severely weakened caravan with tons of prisoners - I just couldn't resist! Heh.

I also seem to get random crashes when talking to my companions. This is on the world map, not in towns.  Moving away from the area and trying to talk again once I've walked some distance seems to prevent the crashing, but that could just me being lucky. I'll try to replicate it again and post the error log.

something odd happened, i was with nords sieging Curaw, we were in 1000ish and the defenders were about 900, but the battle that happened was just 200 of me and allies vs 20 defenders, after that nords took the city without "last stand" battles

I was able to replicate the companion talking crash but there was no error log. Just a generic blablabla.exe has stopped working thing. It happened right after trying to talk to my companions after a battle.

FINALLY! I have managed to reproduce the "I wish to make peace" bug perfectly. The bug only happens if you try to make peace with Kings. If you try with normal lords, the peace process is OK. Have tested with Swadia and Vaegirs.

Thanks!

I is fighting in the multilayer mod Napoleon and entered a house etaba raining and I realize that it rained on techo that sey you a bug or errror

FINALLY! I have managed to reproduce the "I wish to make peace" bug perfectly. The bug only happens if you try to make peace with Kings. If you try with normal lords, the peace process is OK. Have tested with Swadia and Vaegirs.

Thanks!
Awesome, that's very helpful!

Chivaldri said:
I is fighting in the multilayer mod Napoleon and entered a house etaba raining and I realize that it rained on techo that sey you a bug or errror

BarriedNotevenonce_aea5ee81d36e74c807bf7c2d1c4b163b.gif

Chivaldri said:

This is even funnier when you look at the text effects he failed to apply. Might even be sigworthy.

so i was assaulting jameyed castle because i wanted to try the aleph myself, but whe the battle started i was with the aleph on the castle wall defending it... from my own troops!
i retreated and started the battle again with marnid driving it and everuthing worked normally

During a battle when I open the minimap (backspace key) are the troop movements supposed to be static now? Usually the minimap shows "live" troop movements while you have that screen open. Wasn't sure if this was a feature or a bug.

I did run into a scripting bug earlier (talking with a lord or king I think), but didn't think to write it down. If I see anymore I will try to note them.

The only other issue I have is some stuttering while on the world map, seems to be triggered by the scrolling events that are taking place. Like when x lord is captured or x town population adjusts, I get a pause in the gameplay, then back up to 100+ fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom