Bug Reporting/Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

I see, i noticed fps movements were somewhat depending on interface during battle, but i don't really know how to fix this. It's possible as some people said, that the multiple codded addons are simply killing fps with tons of features when playing.

Not to mention that there is bugs, warnings in the code which may force the game to circle around the same errors over and over, taking more and more memory space for nothing ...

Well hey there fun mod so far but when I go to villages to recruit me I get nord foot man and archers as an upgrade, is this normal and get upgraded later on? And yes I was starting in the nord area.

You didn't install the beta III then, this is an error which is probably due to the former beta II settings for troop trees. Is faction names and lords are the native ones too ?

If yes, you might want to make sure you installed the beta II, and maybe the beta III properly. I'm pretty sure nord troops are correctly set to british recruits, which can only upgrade in british troops.

So the game might allow you to recruit higher troop tier in village but it will be calculated over british recruit troop tree, therefore you can't get "nord" troops.

However beta II has missing troop update so it's possible to get rhodok troops for example, beta III correct this issues amongst other things.

Keryyn said:
You didn't install the beta III then, this is an error which is probably due to the former beta II settings for troop trees. Is faction names and lords are the native ones too ?

If yes, you might want to make sure you installed the beta II, and maybe the beta III properly. I'm pretty sure nord troops are correctly set to british recruits, which can only upgrade in british troops.

So the game might allow you to recruit higher troop tier in village but it will be calculated over british recruit troop tree, therefore you can't get "nord" troops.

However beta II has missing troop update so it's possible to get rhodok troops for example, beta III correct this issues amongst other things.
I'll try re installing but the lords had the proper names (non native) but the troops were still nord. Probably just a bad install on my part.

Edit - It was a bad install on my part I replaced the files instead of overwriting them and its working fine now, thanks for the help and It's going great so far.

when my warband loads up it says unable to open file Modules/1812 beta III/Resource/textures_face_gen.brf
what shall i do to make it work?

Hi,

People please take the time to precise wether you're playing with beta II or III. To answer your question, this is not a file i modded in beta III, which means if you have this error then you didn't install the beta III over a working beta II module by overwriting the files.

I recommand players to first install beta II, test it, and after that install beta III. This usually prevents surprises and you can have a taste of what is new before the beta III patch is installed.

Hello everyone!

New here today and this is my first post.

I have a couple of questions.

I have downloaded and installed this mod and I also have the Napoleonic Wars mod installed as well. I have not installed any of the other betas yet.

When I start the launcher it loads the 1812-1815 mod, i can pick my armies, map, game type and commander.

When I press start the game crashes.

My Mount and Blade is v1.154

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

What module are you using exactly ? In theory only beta II, III and IV are supported right now for help. If you are playing the original module by poomtang you might want to try out the betas. You said you picked a map and a commander ? Are you playing custom battle then ? I don't think we reworked that part of the game so it might result in a crash.

The module is intended for single player campaign, custom battles are not modded yet, or at least it's not finished. Have you tried a single player game ?

I might make correct troops and commanders for custom battle later, i hope we will have maps too in order to make it a working part of the module.

I am using 1812-1815 ver 1

I also tried another mod called Secession about the American Civil War and it would not work either as it's meant to run on version 1.4

I will try beta II and III later today and see if those will work.

When in a battle, sometimes a spam of script errors appear, flooding the message bar.

at script update_agent_hp_bar

or something like that.
This happened in Beta III & IV.

This is part of the module PBOD i think, this shows the troops health bars, but i don't know what's wrong with the script itself, i'll try to remove it if i can, but i'm not sure where to cut the code without breaking the entire script process.

I have a Prob... The Mod works great but the Map is like the Native One...is that normal?! :smile:
How to fix it?

eq2k said:
I have a Prob... The Mod works great but the Map is like the Native One...is that normal?! :smile:
How to fix it?
Don't worry, that is perfectly normal. They already have a map, and intend to use it in the future when the other factions are done.

2r5vvgo.gif

You can use this 4 your MOD if u want

Thanks for a fantastic mod, got me into playing m&b w again. :cool:

I have installed beta II and IV + the IV patch. I have the newest mbw version(steam).

I have two problems,

I cannot enable unlimited corpses. The shortcut gives this error message : "D:\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\1812LAST\WSE\WSELoader.exe The specified path does not exist."

I read a little about WSE and saw that it isn't updated to the latest mbv, maybe this is a problem?

I also have a problem with the AI formations. The faction armies and my allies both charge wildly. If I choose formations with native AI, only my allies charge like madmen, the enemy stand fast.

Btw, I noticed that when playing with native AI/formations the problem with disapearing text stopped - and only returned when my character died and the battle continued (I have formations AI on for battle continuation. Will check without it.)

Thank you for your great work on this mod.

correction: disappearing text is a problem still - I just had a lucky battle. :smile:

Grendel said:
Thanks for a fantastic mod, got me into playing m&b w again. :cool:

I have installed beta II and IV + the IV patch. I have the newest mbw version(steam).

I have two problems,

I cannot enable unlimited corpses. The shortcut gives this error message : "D:\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\1812LAST\WSE\WSELoader.exe The specified path does not exist."

I read a little about WSE and saw that it isn't updated to the latest mbv, maybe this is a problem?

I also have a problem with the AI formations. The faction armies and my allies both charge wildly. If I choose formations with native AI, only my allies charge like madmen, the enemy stand fast.

Btw, I noticed that when playing with native AI/formations the problem with disapearing text stopped - and only returned when my character died and the battle continued (I have formations AI on for battle continuation. Will check without it.)

Thank you for your great work on this mod.

correction: disappearing text is a problem still - I just had a lucky battle. :smile:
Hello,
I do not know anything about the WSE, but for the formations, it is possible that if your army + your allies army are bigger than your enemies' army, your ally might think that a charge will be the best way. On the other hand, the enemy has fewer numbers and will thus play defensively. (Try this - If your enemy has a much bigger army, and your numbers are few, he will probably just charge at you, and vice versa.)

The disappearing text is because of script error. If you press "recent messages" you will see a flood of script errors spamming the text box. This is quite annoying I must admit, but at present we can only wait for the developers to figure it out. This happens when reinforcements of either side joins the battle.

Have fun!

:smile:

AI will use formations and prevents themselves from charging blindly when they are afraid they might lose, i saw plenty of battles where AI would slaughter each other and then suddenly disengage and form a battle line to finish off the enemy OR to make a last stand ... I'm no codder so i can't fix the scripts and formations issues. All i do is try to improve graphical stuff, like uniforms and the overall look of armies and important npc's (heroes, lords, mercenaries etc).

It is true however that AI tend not to use formations everytime, and would simply charge your line as long as they have reinforcements, this is completely random for me, but when AI is weak they most of the time try not to engage directly and simply wait for you to close in.

Back
Top Bottom