Bug Reporting/Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

33rdEPFsmash

Veteran
(This should be stickied  :razz:)
Post problems you encounter with your game here, and most likely someone will find a solution.

This is a list of the bugs or maybe confusing situations you may encounter:

Q-Why don't i see the changes from the beta III ?
A-You didn't overwrite the beta II files with the ones in the beta III correctly, beta III is a patch that need to overwrite the beta II files. Take everything inside the beta III folder, copy and paste over the files in the 1812 folder.

Q-The game crash with rgl error, asking me for a missing file when i launch the module ?
A-You probably haven't installed the module in the correct order, first the Beta II, then the Beta III and this should solve the missing file bug. This is because i didn't uploaded a full release, it's a patch.

Q-When i'm loading my savegame items are messed up, boots in weapon slots etc and soldiers are naked !
A-This is because the beta III is not save-game compatible, items have been displaced/remove/updated and therefore your savegame is acting like nothing has changed and loaded the old item_kinds definition. => start a new game.

Q-When i start a new game with another starting army, town names and villages are native ! (not sure, but might happen)
A-Starting armies haven't been updated, only the french one should works without issues, sorry, this will be fixed soon.

Q-When i start a new game i get a black screen after choosing my character background !
A-Code has bugs and choosing your father trait as "nobleman" will cause either a black screen or crash to desktop. Pick anything else but nobleman on the first character background choice box and it will work fine.

Q-When i start a new game my inventory has some shakos and medieval stuff !
A-This is because current release didn't alter the code related to character background creation. It keeps the items given on players depending on their background choices. This will be fixed in next release.

Q-When i travel i encounter super big and strong deserters !
A-This is normal ... and not normal, deserter parties are a pain in the ... to fix and will be hopefully corrected in next patch. Avoid them, buy them out, or simply crush them if you have a strong enough army.

Q-When i try to enter a city streets it crash to desktop !
A-This is a bug probably caused by computer memory usage, for now it can't be fixed by me, but we're working on this. Avoid entering city streets when you don't have any particular reasons to do so. Use the menu to intereact with cities, every tavern/shops/castle hall etc works fine.

Q-I get a crash to desktop when entering some villages !
A-Same as above, it does not happen often with villages though, but beware, save often !

Q-Lords don't suggest me to be a mercenary or kings don't wan't me to become a vassal !
A-This is because you don't have a high enough renown. Fight some battles, gain around a hundred renown points, then you'll be able to play big.

Q-My starting army is far bigger than the troops i'm supposed to be able to field !
A-This is normal, yet i think i'll fix that in time. Try to fight battles soon to level up and get the loot to sell. Hire companions when you get the chance if you have enough space. Focus your evolution on leadership/charisma for the first 10 - 15 levels, because you won't stand a chance with small size armies.

Q-I'm tired of buying food everytime !
A-Game has an option to automatically buy food based on what's available in the settlement and what money you have left, simply check the lower part of the menu when entering a town or village.

Q-I can't recruit cavalry yet even if i have some high level troops !
A-Cavalry is elite and recruitable only near the end of troop trees, just upgrade your troops and you will find cavalry units for every factions.

Q-Cavalry is decimating my soldiers during battle !
A-Use strategic manoeuvers to counter bands of riders, it's difficult, but even a low level army can beat down a bunch of cuirassier provided you can stop them in their charge with a compact block of bayonets !

Q-I can't prepare my battles with the pre-orders and deployment feature !
A-You need a certain amount of skill in tactics before you can plan battles with hostile parties and sieges/village raids.

This list is probably not enough, yet i hope it will cover a lot of the common issues we are discussing here over time. Will add more if there's more ... And if i can remember them all ^^ !

When I go to a feast with other lords, they're all naked (They have pants) while I'm the only one in uniform. I'm with the Prussians if that helps in any ways.

Wacka said:
When I go to a feast with other lords, they're all naked (They have pants) while I'm the only one in uniform. I'm with the Prussians if that helps in any ways.

You sure you wern't drunk? ^

But ye that's quite strange..

gokiller said:
Wacka said:

You sure you wern't drunk? ^

But ye that's quite strange..
maybe its one of "those" types of feast. Meat feast o_O

if you equip a fighting baoynet you loose it as soon as it is put away

also why aren't muskets and bayonets simply the same weapon? seems rather primitive to revert back to the old M&B system, i saw that in the beta release but i thought it was just a stopgap measure until a toggle weapon code could be implemented

ALSO i noted that you still start with a wooden shield and a rusty sword (out of time period) when you start with default settings

EDIT: while fighting steppe bandits i noted that my hussars sword is made of wood, in that it does blunt damage and makes the sound of practice weapon hits when you block with it.

EDIT: just keep finding more every time i do something
companions do not pick up equipment with the automanaging system, they drop everything and will not pick up bullets/clothing

the pistols *most common type in the market, seen from the side in their picture* do not accept bullets, they require bolts in order to fire'

there are 2 "caudry" castles on the map

also forrest bandits and some recruits do not have melee fighting equipment, this makes them less dangerous than looters

dutch officer armor texture is broken (does not show up on female chars)

lords appear without torso armor when in castles *boots remain*

Ok so another thing that hasn't been said:

The artillery doesn't work.I tryed to get artillery a pied and a cheval but they are ''naked'' and unarmed,

I also have 2 Pezelhoek towns on my map,

the  sword sister is ''naked'' on 2 stages of the upgrade tree,

the flintlock pistols also work on bolts (wich is already said) but even if u have no bolts u can still shoot,

when you set up fortifications while you wait and then go away it has the huge burning thing (like raided villages),

I dont only think that nilloc93'(so the player's) hussars sword is blunt but also the sword of every hussard (obvious but just saying)

oh and when cavalery loses their horses they dont take a radom horse in the field (like in the original mount and blade) so they stay horseless.Thats all and when i find out new stuff ill just edit it in ^^ hope this helps.

Oh and one thing.The dutch guys are called grenadiers.....dont they needa have some primitive grnades or something like that?

I downloaded the mod, copied across the missing files from Native, but now I can't get past character creation. I click "Done" and nothing happens.

Any ideas why this might be?

It appears not, as when I try to run the mod with the files I get from extracting I get a message telling me that it can't find certain files.

Athviaro

The download was fine, but as I said there were .txt files missing from my main module folder so I copied them across from Native.

Athviaro said:
The download was fine, but as I said there were .txt files missing from my main module folder so I copied them across from Native.

You are currently using my Multiplayer version which has all of the singleplayer side removed. If you want to play singleplayer use THIS link instead.

Wolf.

Hello there,

My name is Victor and i download the mod , but when i start the game a message appears telling that he couldn't found some file and crash ; This is before loading, its really in the very beginning.

More specific " Failed for texture: streetwalker1_1"

Sorry for the poor english's or anything.

Wolf: Thanks. It's fine now.

Centron: It might be the same/similar to my problem. Have you tried the second link Wolfstar provided?

Ath.

I run the latest version and encounter the same problem with the game being unable to find that streetwalker1_1 file when loading textures.

EDIT: I checked the folder and the file is in fact there, but somehow the game does not recognise this. When trying to start the multiplayer version of the mod, there's a similar problem with another file, so I presume it's nothing about this particular file, but a more general problem with the loading of the textures.

Need help. When I unzip the .rar file it keeps saying:

Data error in 1812 - 1815 Mod V.1\main_menu_nord.psd'. File is broken

Is a way to fix this? Do I need this?

Update: Started the mod up and I went to start a new game and get an RLG error (something about not being able to open troops.exe or something like that I forgot what the file type was.)

There are 2 downloads

1 is 1812 - 1815 Mod V.1 thi is singleplayer only !
when you try to start Multiplayer here game won t start

1 is 1812 - 1815 Multiplayer this is Multiplayer only
when you try to start Singleplayer here you also got a fail

@Pirate_Scurvey

2 possibilities
a) Your download is broken, download again
b) Upload is broken, try one of the other download links

Krause said:
There are 2 downloads

1 is 1812 - 1815 Mod V.1 thi is singleplayer only !
when you try to start Multiplayer here game won t start

1 is 1812 - 1815 Multiplayer this is Multiplayer only
when you try to start Singleplayer here you also got a fail

@Pirate_Scurvey

2 possibilities
a) Your download is broken, download again
b) Upload is broken, try one of the other download links

Hmmm maybe I downloaded the multiplayer version instead of the singleplayer. I'm redownloading from the singleplayer post repository

Back
Top Bottom