BUG BETA Trade in 1.3 is borked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Technech

Recruit
So, it the patch notes of 1.3 they claim to have increased the effect of trade skill to 0.4 per lvl (up from 0.2) But in the game (1.3) it is stil 0.2 per level. But something have changed. the price of everything I sell is worse, and the price of everything I buy is worse than on 1.2 (with same tradeskill).
It seems they Increased the trade penalty, to make trade skill stronger. But they, as usualy, only managed to do it half way, and ended up ruining it.

I guess one of the reason for this ninja change is making it a bit harder to gain millions from slaying enemy armies.
I think they have doubled the base trade penalty, and was supposed to double the effect of the trade skill. But they "forgot" to implement the last part, even if that is the only part of the "fix" that made it to the patch notes.

They also "forgot" to implement the trade penalty reduction part of Aserai race perk.

Nobody care? realy. They efectively cut the price you get for your loot in half unless you have 400 trade skill, and no one cares?

Doesn't that make it like warband?
I dont know, but thats not the issue here. Pre patch my character with 240 trade could sell a item for 96k, post patch the same item could sell for 74k. The same object could be bought back for 160k ish.If the effect of the trade skill realy was doubled I should be able to sell that item for about 107k. Seems to me the "tipping point" between the old and new system is ment tho be about SL 200. So 200 Skillpoints in trade, and the prices is the same as pre patch, but as I say, they forgot about half the "fix".

They really need to stop obsessing about people having millions of denars in the end game. It does not matter in the least. They need to finish the core features of the game and stop fiddling around with money related issues.

Trade is way too easy. I am glad they are making it harder.
Why? Nobody forces you to do it, its a single player game. Why should they remove the option to play in any other way than you prefer?
I don't start a war with minor factions for gold and XP, but I don't care if somebody else prefer that way of playing. I don't raid villages, but I'm not crying for the devs to remove that option. I don't understand that kind of mindset. Its a single player game.

They really need to stop obsessing about people having millions of denars in the end game.

Except that 'end' game can be reached probably within 2-3 hours of game time if you're defining Denars amount as end game. Like in this game I'm earning more money in 1h of playing then I do playing warband for 3 days. If you think that would not be changed while the game are still in early access, than you can only blame yourself for the diasppoment. It has nothing to do with play style so no need to use it as a scape goat. I don't trade, and I'm still swimming with enough money to buy half of the map.

Except that 'end' game can be reached probably within 2-3 hours of game time if you're defining Denars amount as end game. Like in this game I'm earning more money in 1h of playing then I do playing warband for 3 days. If you think that would not be changed while the game are still in early access, than you can only blame yourself for the diasppoment. It has nothing to do with play style so no need to use it as a scape goat. I don't trade, and I'm still swimming with enough money to buy half of the map.
The point I try to make in this post is that they forgot to implement something that is stated in the patch notes, and that they ninja implemented something else that was suppose to balance the thing that they forgot to implement.

I don't care if you own empress Raghaea's buttcheeks after one hour of game time.

I don't care if you own empress Raghaea's buttcheeks after one hour of game time.

Well, but I do, and I can guarantee you the dev also certainly do. The people who uses "it's a SP don't like it don't do it" kinda miss the point that it's in the Dev's interest to keep the state of their game to eventually balance and stable. So yes, if someone want to own Raghaea's buttcheeks, they will want people to have to spend some effort for it, not just using loophole/broken/unbalance mechanic to achieve it.

I'm simply pointing out that the game is still in early access, a lot of thing will change, and if you can own Raghaea's buttcheeck in just one hour, then you should totally expect that to change if one to think logically.

Well, but I do, and I can guarantee you the dev also certainly do. The people who uses "it's a SP don't like it don't do it" kinda miss the point that it's in the Dev's interest to keep the state of their game to eventually balance and stable. So yes, if someone want to own Raghaea's buttcheeks, they will want people to have to spend some effort for it, not just using loophole/broken/unbalance mechanic to achieve it.

I'm simply pointing out that the game is still in early access, a lot of thing will change, and if you can own Raghaea's buttcheeck in just one hour, then you should totally expect that to change if one to think logically.
I'm not disagreeing, but the topic of this tread is not the entire balance of the economy, but that a thing that is stated in the patch notes as implemented (Trade skill giving 0,4% reduction to trade penalty) is in fact not implemented. And that they implemented another "fix" without informing us. Its kind of hard testing (and I play in the beta to help test) when they keep doing stealth changes.

They really need to stop obsessing about people having millions of denars in the end game. It does not matter in the least. They need to finish the core features of the game and stop fiddling around with money related issues.
Yeah I mean were'r going to delete and restart all these games and char 50 times anyways during EA who cares how much useless money we have.
Hey how about I can pay the looters to take a dive so I can level my recruits with no deaths?
How about I bribe a notable to save me his good troops?
How about some lordly ****ing armor?
There's a million ways they could make money useful and then it wouldn't pile up. But that would require work, not ****ing around like eco fixes.

Anyways I haven't noticed a significant difference in new games so far but I think a drop off in basic sell price is okay.
What I don't like is how worthless looting is. Getting a entire village worth of material is like 1/10 the time/payoff as just killing some bums (or lordly bums) and selling their underwear.

There's a million ways they could make money useful and then it wouldn't pile up. But that would require work, not ****ing around like eco fixes.

Making a wild guess here but ... probably because trying to fix the eco will go toward the goal of making the game more complete eventually? Whether none of the thing you suggested would remotely help?

Like sure, they can add lordly armor ... then what? If I can make 500k after half a day of playing, I probably fully decked out not just myself but my entire party after a day? Whether in Warband being able to afford my first lordly armor always felt like a major achievement in a play through after several days of playing, and decking out the whole party is something worthy to be called a "long term - end game" goal on that save. Whether here in the current built that will probably take as much effort as going to the bathroom. :razz:

By the time they're done "balancing" the game, you'll be left with such a grindfest you won't even feel like playing the game anymore. Taleworlds must be under the impression that they're managing an MMO or some ****.

By the time they're done "balancing" the game, you'll be left with such a grindfest you won't even feel like playing the game anymore. Taleworlds must be under the impression that they're managing an MMO or some ****.

Limited content and features mean they need to make you spend a lot more time on / getting to said features. Even if it isn't fun, thus balancing alpha.

Back
Top Bottom