Brace for charge?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm I the only one that's noticed that bracing for a charge is near useless? Every time I see someone try (A rare occurrence) The cavalry just avoids the bracer or stops to shoot at the enemy. Perhaps Bracing needs a buff? Perhaps you should be able to turn while braving without losing it?

Think it's mostly designed for the outer line in squares, which seems to be working perfectly unless the cavalry are jumping into the square. But in the end, it's pretty useless.

ye, well a totally new player vs a totally new player, where as the one is mounted and the other is bracing. THEN we might have a takedown in the field. But since no one will ever ride straight at you its pretty useless as it is since you can only turn around 3 degrees before you 'break' the bracing of your bayonet. Which is... Well, lets just say not ideal. :wink:

If cavalry are stopping and avoiding it then its doing its job. Its there to repel cavalry but its designed to be used in a formation not by a lone soldier stood in the open. If your using it whilst on your own then your using it wrong.

I rarely ever use it to take down cav, it's really only useful when in a group and holding a narrow entrance or road against cavarly, and even then there is a chance that the cavalrman will just jump over your bayonet wall.

Its just next useless feature in NW.
In NW you have arms of Iron Man and you have lightbayo of Vader. So why boder with bracing?

A Cavaliers Opinion:
It's so easy to counter, I usually see people who brace as free kills.

It's Useless

Is it actually useless in a square? I assumed that was why it was put in, and that it would be quite clearly useless alone.

But as my interest in actually playing the DLC has been so little i've never seen a square ingame.

Aye, if you ever play defensive with a line regiment its just to find a hill, and when the cav comes up the hill, order the counter charge!  :lol:

I like bracing behind a bush facing the general enemy direction and hope Cav runs into it... Happened a few times, it's fun to see them confused as to why their horse suddenly dropped dead  :grin:

Vorlen said:
Is it actually useless in a square? I assumed that was why it was put in, and that it would be quite clearly useless alone.

But as my interest in actually playing the DLC has been so little i've never seen a square ingame.

Ironicly, tight infantry formations are alot easier to take down then loose ones.

Talii said:
Vorlen said:

Ironicly, tight infantry formations are alot easier to take down then loose ones.

A Tight Infantry formation will result in the cavalry circling it and shooting the group.
My regiment has it's own Anti-Cavalry formation, but I have yet to see it in practise.

Hazzardevil said:
Talii said:
Vorlen said:

A Tight Infantry formation will result in the cavalry circling it and shooting the group.
My regiment has it's own Anti-Cavalry formation, but I have yet to see it in practise.

Squares actually work! (sometimes...)

Back
Top Bottom