SP Medieval Borgerkrigen 1157 (The Danish Civil War 1157) [WB][S] (v.1.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

RobinHat

Sergeant
logo.jpg

General Presentation

Welcome to the war-torn realm of Denmark, 1157.
Three kings battle for power and rule over this divided kingdom, while surrounding realms hungrily watch and wait.
In the west, King Valdemar rules the people of Jutland, learning modern warfare and using clever tactics.
In the centre, King Knud clings to the old ways, preferring the fighting spirit and brutality of Denmark's past, making good use of the Zealandic island people.
In the east, King Svend rules Scania, commanding the finest bowmen in all the North.
Surrounding this bitter civil war, sleeping giants are stirring. The Saxon and Pomeranian Duchies to the south await with their modern armies and heavy cavalry, caring little for the rule of a distant Holy Roman Emperor, and fighting for their own ambitions. To the north-east the young Kingdom of Sweden watches the Danish conflict ambitiously - perhaps this is finally Sweden's time to grab power in Scandinavia.

Features

- Completely new strategic map, spanning from Gotland to Saxony, from Skaggerak to Western Poland.
- Six completely new factions with all new units, characters, banners and family trees.
- Brand new companions with interesting backstories and motivations
- 100+ completely new towns, castles and villages that are based on historical and archaeological records of the actual locations.
- Sea combat

Gameplay

Borgerkrigen 1157 is primarily a mod in Danish. Although it can be played in English, many of the dialogs and poems are best enjoyed in Danish.

Credits

Created by: RobinHat
-----------------------
Special thanks to:
- Dedal (for his excellent tavern animations and map icons)
- dejawolf (for his wonderful helmet and armour packs)
- La Grandmaster (for his seasonal and weather effects)
- Narf (for his brilliant armour packs)
- Somebody (for being the master guru of modding)

Screenshots
mb3.jpg

mb6.jpg

mb5.jpg

mb8.jpg

mb7.jpg

mb4.jpg

mb15.jpg

mb16.jpg

mb14.jpg

mb11.jpg

mb9.jpg

mb10.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/borgerkrigen-1157-the-danish-civil-war-1157

Hello

I see that you did a good job. owever, there is many mistakes in south region, especially Mecklenburg and Vorpommern - in April 1157 there was free and independent Principality of Obodrites and Rujani tribe. They should be there. I can help you to create historical cities, castles, villages, rulers, vassals, soldiers, pretendents with original historical names. This is my hobby, I have a lot of knowledge about this. Also Duchy of Pomerania should be fixed, because ruler, vassals and some places are not historical. They were important players in this region, especially Rujani were a great enemy for Denmark and Waldemar the Great.

That is my proposal for Rujani tribe

Rujani tribe

Ruler: High priest Zbigniew
Sample vassals: prince Jaromar (historical), prince Tesław (historical); Barnuta, Krutoj, priest Krepimir, priest Bogumil, priest Zdzimir, priest Niedamir, priest Wratislaw, priest Swetopelk, priest Swetomir
Pretendent: kneź Wizlaw

Cities: Arkona
Castles: Charenza, Gardziec (Garz) (one for Jaromar and one for Teslaw)
Sample villages names: Góra (Rugard, Bergen – it can be castle as well), Sośnica (Sassnitz), Podboz (Putbus), Bińce (Binz), Baba (Baabe), Jawor (Gager), Górzno/Górzyca (Göhren), Łąka-Granica (Lancken-Granitz), Zieleń (Sellin or Sehlen), Cisów (Thiessow), Sirakow (Zirkow), Bożici (Buschwitz), Lisów (Lietzow), Gostow (Gustow), Parchutici (Parchtitz), Pesky (Patzig), Brzegi (Breege), Dranske, Głowy (Glowe), Lomy (Lohme), Podgrodzie (Putgarten), Zagrodzie (Sagard), Medowe (Wiek), Samtensze (Samtens), Rąbin (Rambin), Jinst (Gingst) Drevošici (Dreschvitz)

Soldiers:
• Ranish (or Rugian) free man -> Ranish tribe warrior -> Ranish Raider -> Ranish Pirate (or Chasa in Slavic) -> Warrior of Svantevit
• Ranish free man -> Ranish Skirmisher -> Ranish Archer -> Archer of Siwa

As special unit for Temple in Arkona – Holy warrior of Svantevit (this temple was defend by 300 elite fanatical soldiers, I think inside city of Arkona can be Arkona temple (acting like a converted castle) but that is just my suggestion)

What do you think?

I don't know if Robin will check this forum, but in case he logs on again, I would like him to see this thank you note!

For some reason this mod is really under the radar (I only found it by accident), which is a shame as it is very-very good.

Pros:
- I didn't encounter any CTDs and bugs, really polished
- the city scenes are beautiful, unique and beliveable (also no bugs with them). I don't know if Robin created them alone, or are these OSP, but damn, they look awesome!
- the focus of the mod is very well thought out. (I like regional mods like this)
- the map is the perfect size for me. Not too big, so it guarantees a tense, relatively short campaign (which I prefer)
- ship boarding is fun
- enemies are not overdone, so it is possible to win without exploits, even for mediocre players like me

Cons:
- cattle don't follow you (I can fix this by myself)
- since the guildmaster cannot be met from the town menu, he must be found in first person. Now, since the scenes are quite big, there are a few cities where I never managed to find the guildmaster (Odense for example)

All in all a very nice one, which stays in my modules folder. Congrats Robin!

Quite easy with a bit of txt editing, but be sure to backup the files first!

1: go to modules/Borgenkirgen folder
2: (backup the file) open menus.txt for editing

3: look up the necessary text: control+F for the find function, and type "_onward" in the search box. You will find something like this:
menu_cattle_herd 18374700962301349888 You_encounter_a_nerf_herd. none 1 2031 1 21 4
mno_cattle_drive_away 0 Drive_the_nerf_herd_onward. 4 501 3 144115188075856140 7 1 1640 2 144115188075856140 10 1641 2 144115188075856140 0 2040 0 . mno_cattle_stop 0 Bring_the_herd_to_a_stop. 3 501 3 144115188075856140 7 0 1640 2 144115188075856140 0 2040 0 . mno_cattle_kill 7 2133 2 1224979098644774912 1 4 0 200 1 32 546 3 32 8 144115188075856140 2133 2 1224979098644774912 0 3 0 31 2 1224979098644774912 1 Slaughter_some_of_the_animals. 1 2060 1 39 . mno_leave_dot 0 Leave. 1 2040 0 .
menu_cattle_herd_kill 18374700962301345792

4: the number I highlighted in red will not be 10. Replace the number there with 10. The mods I have installed for the above example all have cattle following you, so I cannot check what the original number is. Look for the number in the line starting with "_onward" and the modify the number right before 1641 (highlighted in blue).

There are lots of tricks you can do with simple text editing like this. Goldmine here:

I nearly always use:
- increase prisoner capacity per prisoner management point (if the mod has this set on 5, I usually set it to 10 or 20)
- I usually decrease the refresh rate of my favorite quests. For example I like the "deliver 10 ale to pub" quest, but you can get it every 20 days. I usually set it to 10, so it is two times common. (I usually make cattle quests less common too...)

Also:
lot's of things can be changed by opening the module.ini file for editing. Those are self expanatory too for example:
player_xp_multiplier = 2.0;
hero_xp_multiplier = 2.0;
regulars_xp_multiplier = 3.0;

This means that if the player or a companion kills someone in battle, she gets double (*2) XP. If a troop does it, she gets *3. Now, if you change "regulars xp multiplier" to "6.0" the troops will get XP twice as fast as intended.
I used this in the viking conquest DLC, which as very-very-very steep XP requirements for troops, and so is an endless grind.

@shikaka

THX a lot!

Very useful info. While at it anyway, how can I disable companions complaining and leaving? While being a realistic feature I`m fed up with it after thousands of hrs playing Warband.

Rgds, Oldtimer

@shikaka

THX a lot!

Very useful info. While at it anyway, how can I disable companions complaining and leaving? While being a realistic feature I`m fed up with it after thousands of hrs playing Warband.

Rgds, Oldtimer

I think not with text editing. To be honest I never looked for a solution either (I usually need a minimum of two companions - a doctor and a pathfinder - and it is possible in all mods and also native, with complaints enabled).
But most mods have this option included, usually in the camp menu, diplomacy options/mod options or something similar.

Since this specific mod was a one man show, I guess that Robin was not aware that there is an OSP pack with this function when he created this mod. Or just didn't want to build on diplomacy, which would be also understandable. Who knows?

Now, in the tweaks topic I linked above, there is a possible solution:
- I never tried this specific one, so I am not sure if it works
- I am not 100% certain that disabling interaction between companions "equals" companions not having issues with each other. It can happen that that comments are indeed turned off, but their morale still goes down in the presence of each other, and leave. Just this time, without comment. not sure.

@shikaka

THX for your attn. You are right abt. there being one tweak to disable companion comments on eachother only but not the consequences and another to disable both comments AND defections. The last is the only useful one and the one I`m interested in. Can I use Diplomacy with the Borgerkrigen mod?

Rgds, Oldtimer

I am quite certain that you will not be able to use Diplomacy+Borgerkirgen together.

If only possible conficts interest you, here are the safe groups:

choose one:
A: Tobias Bang - Gorm Holk - Robin Bird
B: Ibn El Khader - Gurdun Smed - Hellig Anders

choose one:
C: Milena Burczyk - Greda Eld - Oskar Schusomething - Lauritz Beusomething - Puk Fisker
D: Alf Skovmand - Lars Hammer - Ronja Gera - Thijs van Nijmegen - Aaron Bousomething

"C" has the most low level, medium-high intelligence choices. (basically reworked danish stand-ins for Ymira-Klethi-Deshavi-Jeremus)

Back
Top Bottom