[BoP: Serva] Main Thread (Year: 198 Month 1) Rest in pasta

Users who are viewing this thread

Wow, tired.

While it is possible that various colonies will have stores, they are likely to be highly valued, so I would recommend working out any trades well in advance. That is all, house party at Euerythro.

Not true. you can buy and store excess in your cargo bay. Also; if you had it upgraded you would have had more to start with.
Secondly if you stick to a bigger ship like mine, it can store a lot of dark matter. Enough to get your ship all the way around.

MaHuD said:
Not true. you can buy and store excess in your cargo bay. Also; if you had it upgraded you would have had more to start with.
Secondly if you stick to a bigger ship like mine, it can store a lot of dark matter. Enough to get your ship all the way around.
The majority of the Warlords have Sloops for various reasons, and I doubt many dumped enough points into Warp Rings to get more than one or two extra, so I was just putting that out there for general awareness.

Beyond that, the Megacorps and colonies will need to get their commerce in order quickly and efficiently or fuel will be very scarce, very fast.

I do believe pixel said that that is how they were balanced long before the game started. (And thus one could have thought of upgrading the rings or cargo hold) Though I am surprised to hear that only dodes produces it, I think you will all be fine. Especially considering the amount of trade ships the bigger players have, that will also be trading with Dodes and probably building up their own production as well.

If you do ever run out, or need some stuff. Don't hesitate to call. The Hegu-Zoica is always ready to assist fellow humans.

@Aust,
fair enough.

Austupaio said:
Beyond that, the Megacorps and colonies will need to get their commerce in order quickly and efficiently or fuel will be very scarce, very fast.

This, pretty much.

Maybe it seems like an oversight (some people mentioned that it seems like a major mistake) but the reality is, this is the frontier in the fringe of an unexplored part of the galaxy, so things are going to be a little hardcore.
I'm not so worried about the fuel supply as I know it will pick up sharply. The only problem is that Dodes could theoretically not sell any fuel at all, but that would be pretty stupid, since it is of massive benefit to him to sell it. (It is thus also of benefit for him to try and hamper attempts at finding new sources.)

I will say that in the region, there are a grand total of 5 Boson Stars, including the one Dodes has. That's a pretty huge surplus of fuel. You guys just have to find them and exploit them ASAP.

That said, warlords all have at least 3-5 parsecs of travel (some even have 7 I think) and should be able to get somewhere important and do stuff. Dark matter is valuable, but colonies have stocks of it, and they don't use much (they use 30 dark matter every two turns) and they certainly have enough to completely refuel a sloop (and then some). By the time the colonies need to pay dark matter (if they even use their ships for warp at all) production and supply of it should have risen far above the need.

Year 197
January
Biomebassy Notice

TO BE RELEASED TO REGIONAL COMMANDERS
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

DISPATCH FROM: INNOVAGANIX HQ

To whom it may concern,

We would like to notify all travelers, colonial governors and corporate officials that all Innovaganix public affairs should be handled through our official Innovaganix Biomebassy. Any matters of a discrete or private nature should be directly forwarded to CEO Deon Banner or Neural Commander Vertalys.

Safe travels,
INNOVAGANIX HQ

--- END OF DISPATCH ---

If you're looking to hire warlords then I'd recommend offering to cover their fuel expenses. Ironically, the only ships that can effectively look for boson stars are the ones that can't spare the fuel to do so.

Problem is, I don't have any fuel to spare until I get access to a boson star. However, once I do find one, you'd definitely get access to the fuels it provides, in addition to the reward that I'm offering.

Well, from our end the problem is that it's a death sentence to try and explore without some reserve fuel in the tanks. I might be keen to do some exploration in the future, but for the short term (the first turn at least) where a sloop heads is a matter of life and death. We can't work for anyone who won't guarantee a refill regardless of success.

You can all come visit Psi-Olympia! Sometimes it's a little chilly, but you can take a nice dip in one of our many methane lakes!

A courier drone has arrived at the Mega-corp HQs, and soon after, word reached the colonies too. The drones have brought a plain text message from Nueluzon. It reads:

"Attention Citizens of Pel's Aurora,
This is Admiral Madison speaking. I am the commander of Battlefleet Pel's Aurora, and your local garrison's commander. I have an announcement to make.
The preparations have been ongoing on Nueluzon to set up shop. More than just a military base, we intend to sell goods from the greater Domain to you colonials here in the southern fringe.
The good news is that such preparations are now over, and we are ready to part with our goods, with compensation of course. The grunts need the busy work.
The bad news is two-fold. With the rest of the Domain embroiled in a three-front war, trade is stifled as it is, and goods from the outside will be harder to procure. This problem is compounded due to my limited authority. The Grand Admiral wants as many modern ships in the frontlines as possible, leaving us with the rejects.
This will unfortunately force us to raise prices on our items. You are better off trying to develop a semblance of self-sufficiency, but until then, we can try to help.

I, and the heavy guns of this star battlecruiser, also caution you to give advance warning WELL before heading towards Nueluzon. The troops are on high alert because of a rather alarming event that took place here just a week ago. I don't want any more incidents to give them an excuse for something to shoot at.

Anyways. Madison out."

Tritach shareholders have come together regarding the crisis of low materia obscura supplies and their unevenly high demand. The esteemed board has voted by majority on issuing a rationing system to be implemented immediately. This rationing system will put consumers on even footing by actively tracking the materia obscura market price and its changes for public record. Because of the energy scarcity, flat prices will not be maintained for consecutive purchases and instead will be incremental. This will ensure that hoarding and speculation remains low by making its means increasingly less profitable. Independent vessels buying will need to sign into the observer contract. A Tritach employee or employees - number dependent on ship size and on a case by case basis - must accompany the crew of any ship who wishes to purchase materia obscura from Tritach. The observer(s) has/have the duty of evaluating if their assigned materia obscura consumer is utilizing their materia obscura purchases responsibly or not. Tritach will not tolerate the indirect supply of piracy or smuggling. Harm come to these observers will be considered breaking the contract by the captain of the vessel, however it may be that the Tritach employee(s) came to harm. Violators will be blacklisted from Tritach materia obscura sales. Planetary consumers will need to consent to a small office of Tritach monitors to operate within their charter to evaluate if them as the planetary consumer is using and reselling materia obscura responsibly. Colonies will have more leeway given when it comes to a situation where blacklisting could occur- receiving warnings and being notified by Tritach to adjust their consumer patterns.

The standing Tritach market price of materia obscura holds at 31 funds standard, which is at a lower than normal deviation to allow for a cheaper alternative if consumers wish to operate within range of Tritach suppliers.

Price increments appear as such: 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 37, 39, 41, 42, 45, 48, 53, 58, 65, 66, 70, 76, 82, 90, 100

Tritach expects these prices to adjust once consumption patterns can be more accurately analyzed.

Purchases over 15 units will need individual examination, though the price at such a point is an intended deterrent, so it is doubtful many, if any, examinations will occur.

Tritach appreciates your cooperation and our first priority is expanding the materia obscura supply, which will see these prices fall and the rationing lifted. From our understanding with the limited production, in the foreseeable future the materia obscura crisis will continue, but we will be able to supply all consumers instead of having to make cutbacks on sales once we can expand our production capability.

In light of the fuel shortage, we wish to announce that here at Nueluzon we are selling dark matter at a flat rate of 60 Funds per unit. We can make deliveries, but as that costs dark matter, we will need to charge 90 per unit to do that.
Shame we are so isolated. Find those boson stars!
/ npc

Back
Top Bottom