SP Musket Era Fantasy Blue&Grey (Alternative World of North America in 1860th)

Users who are viewing this thread

Nope - as I've written in the description, last version 0.95 INCLUDES ALL PATCHES AND BUGFIXERS plus some new features. So, forget about these obsolete downloads))
Concerning bayonets: there are only two army rifles with bayonets: Enfield-Pattern and Springfield. Each of them is represented with two models - one for shooting, another for melee. Unfortunately the M&B engine does not allow to use the same model both for shooting and melee fighting. I've made them for troops mostly to avoid the irritative "second rifle on soldier's back" while he uses his rifle with a bayonet as a melee weapon

Rockwell said:
Nope - as I've written in the description, last version 0.95 INCLUDES ALL PATCHES AND BUGFIXERS plus some new features. So, forget about these obsolete downloads))
Concerning bayonets: there are only two army rifles with bayonets: Enfield-Pattern and Springfield. Each of them is represented with two models - one for shooting, another for melee. Unfortunately the M&B engine does not allow to use the same model both for shooting and melee fighting. I've made them for troops mostly to avoid the irritative "second rifle on soldier's back" while he uses his rifle with a bayonet as a melee weapon
OK... if there is no pach to fix all the "fail on buffer" thingy and the "can't find the bayonet 38 texture" problem, I'm gonna deckle a food war... no wait...

... AH, that this mod is too buggy for fluent gameplay.

What are you talking about? I've checked it dozen times before to submit to the repository - no any bug or other problem. And not only I checked it... I'm not sure I understand what you mean, sorry...

Yes - unfortunately, M&B engine does not allow to use two pistols shooting. So, I've decided to use a "double-revolvers manner" as a so-called "frontier-style shooting" - which implies that when you shoot with a right revolver, and then as though the emty revolver is flinged from right hand into left hand with simultaneous flinging of full left revolver from the left hand into the right hand. I've got an information concerning such a shooting-style from Louis L'amour's western novels)). Therefore, a "double-colt", for example, allows you to shoot 12 times instead of 6 times, but the time of reloading is naturally longer))

anybody got any screenshots? i'm at boarding school on my mac so i cant play this game until i get home, so i just want to see what this mod is like

olliewilliams01 said:
anybody got any screenshots? i'm at boarding school on my mac so i cant play this game until i get home, so i just want to see what this mod is like

Well - just search thru this thread - there is several screenshots somewhere))

oh ok, thanks. and thanks for the fast response

in one of the screenshots i saw somebody crouching, you know to like duck behind cover. is that actually in the game? if so, what button do you press to do it? and does the AI use it to to actually take cover? cuz that would be AWESOME. jw. even though the style of war in the 1860s pretty much works with native commands

Well, I tried once the code to let the character crouch and even crawl, but it was too ineffective - while crouching/crawling you cannot use any weapon, and it gives you no advantages on a battlefield. At the same time from aesthetical point of view all these manouveres look quite ugly. So, i've removed them from this mod)) Maybe somebody else put this code into this mod for himself - I'm not sure))

GREAT MOD!!!!!!

I must say, It is Shaping up very Well.....

But of course, like any other general mod consumer, i have something to ***** about...

1. I think it would be pretty cool if you could talk to your troops and have them form their own party, like in SOD & knights and warrriors.  that way, you could sorta build up an army of your own without being level 900 and having the ability to have 300 troops under your command.

2. The confederates need to look more "rag tag",  Butternut would be a much better color than gray

3.  Instead of 9 buttons, Federal Coats should have only 4 - (yes, the union army did have regiments with shell jackets, but sack coats were MUCH more common)

4.  some cartridge boxes, haversacks, canteens, knapsacks, etc. would make the troops look much less "naked"

5. Some hardee and slouch hats would be nice among the troops (not all had kepis, ESPECIALLY not confederates)

6.  Flags/stranded bearers would be nice

7.  Federal Cavalry Carbines - NEEDED!!!!!!!!! 

8. Ability to purchase general's uniforms

9.  And just a pet peev - all the federal officer's uniforms above captain is kinda a vibrant blue, I think they should be darker, like the Lt. and Captain's uniforms - no biggy though

Anyway, just some point to ponder, I'm sure you've already though of them,  but I am truely happy someone is taking the time to make a good civil war mod, god knows, 1866 will never be out, and besides, I like the civil war more anyway.  and I must say, what has been done is cracker jack stuff,

Keep up the good work!

To Dave DeFrayne

Thank you very much for a high appreciation of the mod-clon (as I've mentioned already, this is not a full-fledged mod yet, just a Native's conversion), as well as for your valuable comments. Some of them are realized already, others are being studied... I try to do my best to improve this mod-clon to the full-fledged mod as soon as possible)

are you going to add those sexy pith hats the British used at the time?

thumbsup.php

Back
Top Bottom