SP Musket Era Fantasy Blue&Grey (Alternative World of North America in 1860th)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe it could project from the main body armor/shirt. Or make something large enough that clipping wouldn't matter.

IYORT also made something a little like that (not a neckerchief, a full collar) though I didn't see how he rigged it up. I think it's a helmet-slot item.

Alan Q Smithee said:
Maybe it could project from the main body armor/shirt. Or make something large enough that clipping wouldn't matter.

IYORT also made something a little like that (not a neckerchief, a full collar) though I didn't see how he rigged it up. I think it's a helmet-slot item.

Well - thanx for info, I'll try to do my best))

Imo, any normal city starts with a tavern... And the Canadian Union's city is not exclusion - the first building in CU towns))

There's a neckerchief in the OSP cloak back, but it's so primitive looking. I'm working on a more contoured one now. So long as it doesn't hang past the chin much, it won't clip with clothing.

Also, the way beards are designed, you don't want it past the chin too much. A little bit and it looks fine, it sticks out underneath and doesn't clip.
3758862947_8de47e8b61_o.png

I can send you the neckerchief as a stand-alone model if you want and you can orient it to any hat.

Rockwell said:
You mean the neck kerchieves? I'm affraid it will be a problem - the kerchif will be connected with a hat rigidly, and when the char will turn his (her) head, the kerchief will "cut" into body... Cigars, glasses, mustaches, earrings etc - no problem, all these objects are being connected with a hat and will remain in same position about a head/face... But the neck kerchief - as I've mentioned above...
Maybe it could be connected to another body point... Should be thought over...
Anyway, thank you very much for this idea))))

Aye, and actually I forgot that there are bandits with kerchiefs already in the mod (Outlaw Riders) but there's this clipping problem you mentioned:

outlawrider1.jpg

If theres a way to fix it, as Alan Q Smithee is suggesting, you could make some cowboys with red kerchiefs and different outfit/weapons for each of them you know? Could be awesome as another bandit group. Also we could make our own cowboy gang with our companions if you make available red, blue and black kerchiefs at the merchants (connected to other pieces of clothing) and said cowboys as mercenaries in taverns (there are already outlaws as mercenaries I think but only with blue kerchiefs).

Anyway, GL with it  :smile:.

Roger)) I thought you mean kerchiefs cowboys wear on their necks (like scouts or Soviet Pioneers, lol)! Well, the kerchief to make a wearer unindentified is really present in B&G... Another thing (and it is clear from your screenshot) - the beard... I think I'll remove all bearded faces from Outlaw Raders)) And I promise more colors for kerchieves)))

Alan Q Smithee said:
I can send you the neckerchief as a stand-alone model if you want and you can orient it to any hat.

Thanks a lot, but everything is clear, and I've made my own ones - see my message and a Keldorn's screenshot above)) It was just a misunderstanding))

Would it be possible to make them as items connected to the hat so we could choose at the merchant the ones we want to use? Or are bearded characters like mine going to have that clipping problem in the picture? Is there a way to fix that perhaps?

thanks in advance

(There's no clipping problem with the model, I just switched my face from bearded to cleanshaven before taking the screenshot)

Didn't realize you meant a bandana that hangs from the neck and doesn't cover the mouth. What fun is that, if you can't be a bandit?

Keldorn said:
Would it be possible to make them as items connected to the hat so we could choose at the merchant the ones we want to use? Or are bearded characters like mine going to have that clipping problem in the picture? Is there a way to fix that perhaps?

thanks in advance

As I've mentioned in my previous message, there is no any problem with clipping - I've promised to change bearded faces with cleanshaven, as Alan said)) Same way I've changed all faces for Indian faction troops))
But, Keldorn - alas - to avoid a clipping problem for your bearded Main Hero, you have to shave him... Sorry))

Rockwell said:
Keldorn said:

thanks in advance

As I've mentioned in my previous message, there is no any problem with clipping - I've promised to change bearded faces with cleanshaven, as Alan said)) Same way I've changed all faces for Indian faction troops))
But, Keldorn - alas - to avoid a clipping problem for your bearded Main Hero, you have to shave him... Sorry))

No problem I'll do that  :smile:
And nice building btw.

I almost forgot to mention that I noticed something regarding the banners in the new town scenes: when the owner of the city changes the banners are still from the previous owner, so, for example, if you take Washington with the Confederates the Union flag will still be there (in the army HQ building I think).

Keldorn said:
I almost forgot to mention that I noticed something regarding the banners in the new town scenes: when the owner of the city changes the banners are still from the previous owner, so, for example, if you take Washington with the Confederates the Union flag will still be there (in the army HQ building I think).

Yes - I know... I will correct  this bug, but later - to do this, I have to indentify which banner's identification (banner_a, banner_b, banner_ba etc) belongs to which town and fort - it is a dull and thorough work, but has to be done)))

Any town has to be secured with police and jail, so the Constabulary is necessary)) And the typical virtual Canadian Union town is being constructed))

I've got a problem with the towns : Washington is XIXth century if I visit the town, but if I siege it (and the garrison sally out, as I did not try with a big army), I just have a medieval wall like before.

Good work, though !

I have changed THE TOWN CENTERS only... Each battle scene must be changed separately... Try Richmond - I've started to change a battle scene for it

Back
Top Bottom