Blender Texture error

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to cut to the chase with this one, basically I've started UV mapping my tank and well, I've encountered a problem that is confusing the heck out of me.

uq3POxR.png

so0kag4.png

As you can see that UV map is for the tank chassis, and yet when applied it is clearly not applying itself to the chassis. I've separated the chassis from the rest of the model and made sure the entire chassis is selected before applying the texture. Coordinates are set to UV and projection is on flat.

Any ideas as to what is causing this?, I've tried other coordinate settings but they either cover the entire model in the UV map, or only cover parts of it.

It looks like it's using a planar projection on those areas, and is projecting that map straight through those parts.  I don't know enough about Blender to know if a "flat" projection is what is (properly) referred to as a planar projection, but that's what it looks like, and that's not the right projection type.

Figured it out, turns out the texture was overlapping on another part of the UV map, so while I thought I was texturing the chassis I was actually texturing the turret.

Thanks for you help anyway Xenoargh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom