Better Formations

Users who are viewing this thread

thrakkemarn

Sergeant at Arms
Soo, I don't know if the SoD team is aware of this, but I just stumbled across it and, frankly, it's pretty amazing:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62492.0.html

I tried it out, and the formations are so much better, you can actually have cavalry charges and control your troops in battle. The AI uses them too, although I haven't used it enough to know how smartly they use them (but from what i've seen it's a big improvement).

I would love to see this implemented into SoD. I searched a bit, and didn't see the any mention of it. If it's already been brought up, sorry, but I really think this is worthy of mention.

I think people should be able tho chooce wheter to enable this or not. Some players like the regular battle commands.

FinDude said:
I think people should be able tho chooce wheter to enable this or not. Some players like the regular battle commands.

Wait ... why?? There's barely any mods out there that use this, so if you are using it then you must have downloaded and installed it yourself, or you are using one of those (few) mods. If somebody has made a mod with it, then they are using it because it fits with their vision of the game. This isn't a simple thing, it fundamentally changes a lot of gameplay in and out of battles. If you don't want to use better formations and better AI, then simply don't install this...

On another note, I'm trying to get this to work with Chel's battle morale. Has anyone done this? I think I see an easy way to do it, but just figured I'd ask.

thrakkemarn said:
FinDude said:

Wait ... why?? There's barely any mods out there that use this, so if you are using it then you must have downloaded and installed it yourself, or you are using one of those (few) mods. If somebody has made a mod with it, then they are using it because it fits with their vision of the game. This isn't a simple thing, it fundamentally changes a lot of gameplay in and out of battles. If you don't want to use better formations and better AI, then simply don't install this...

On another note, I'm trying to get this to work with Chel's battle morale. Has anyone done this? I think I see an easy way to do it, but just figured I'd ask.

I get what he means. Like I use the regular formations. (not saying that the others are bad) I just can't get the time to learn how mods use them. But, I don't think this disrupts reglar commands, so it should still work for players that don't want to use them.

Regular commands work just the same.  And you can disable ai use of formations from the camp menu with this code as well.  But once you see the ai cavalry wedges that actually charge and then withdraw repeatedly you will never go back.

Back
Top Bottom