Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

Day 73 into my new playthrough...Khuzaits are steamrolling SE with their infinite death stacks . SE is at war with NE and Khuzait and yet they wont make peace with either one of them, to make matters worse, Khuzait are only at war with SE. Also Aserai aren't doing anything, what's new? It also seems like Kingdoms just aren't making peace. Would have thought that this would have been fixed by now.

You just love to see it. At this point, I might just scrap my new playthrough and wait for the full release, because this ain't it.

Apparently you cant carry two crafted weapons into battle while leading a big army or the game will crash. I can carry two while only leading my party though.
Edit: Only happens when I equip a crafted two handed sword and one handed sword, but then consistently.

Last edited:
First off we all appreciate your testing, but no one owes you anything man, gotta drop that attitude it will only lead to disappointment. Not one single person, even mex, gets every change they want because the vision is in the big boss mans hands (who no longer joins us on the forums). Most of my ideas and things I've tested about aren't accepted, and that's completely okay and understandable.

Keep testing, show them what you find and maybe they'll listen, but stop the "you owe me because I tested". It doesn't help prove your point.

As far as your 4 "nerfs":

1) Herd Penalty was non-existence before, the current 2 horses per troop limit is completely reasonable.
2) This perk should be deleted and players should just have the option to trade/purchase fiefs from the start for a ridiculous price. (don't put trading fiefs to recruit lords behind a perk)
3) Is this even true? I still get days where my caravan can hit 1k profit
4) Its the exact same until you get past 1 million, and its a passive income. How in the world does this ruin trading? 1k gold a day is still huge and basically a free caravan or two, do you really deserve more than that? No. Also its suppose to be an investment, but you don't even sacrifice your gold or have any risk of losing it. Doesn't sound like a real investment to me. If you were handing over your gold to a towns "bank" (with the risk of losing it if the town is taken) for a higher daily income, then this would be different. Instead you just get free money with no risk of an actual investment.

Also no one said you trading to get fiefs should be comparable to fighting for fiefs. It is a fighting game with trading, not a trading game with fighting. So of course you should be able to fight for 3 towns before 1000 days, buying 3 towns before 1000 days is just cheesing the game.

rYNt7.jpg
Was trying to ask for changes to help people who love trading as I have made dozens of suggestions to mexxico that haven't been done and I move on so it is not like I demand and get pissed when he doesn't so I don't get what is owed to me since I have gotten 1 single change to trading in 3 months and he can confirm, I am sorry to anger you so bad, I'll keep it in conversations so I don't anger and offend you again

Was trying to ask for changes to help people who love trading as I have made dozens of suggestions to mexxico that haven't been done and I move on so it is not like I demand and get pissed when he doesn't so I don't get what is owed to me since I have gotten 1 single change to trading in 3 months and he can confirm, I am sorry to anger you so bad, I'll keep it in conversations so I don't anger and offend you again
Honestly sounded like you were complaining that he wasn't listening to your feedback (hence me saying not even he gets every change), sorry if I misunderstood. If anything I wish you'd post your suggestions more publicly. Your two previous posts didn't have suggestions and I wish I knew what they were. All you've said is it takes too long to get to 300, but we just saw someone post they did it in less than 10 years. I'm just debating your points to hopefully get you to further explain why you think them. :wink:

Day 73 into my new playthrough...Khuzaits are steamrolling SE with their infinite death stacks . SE is at war with NE and Khuzait and yet they wont make peace with either one of them, to make matters worse, Khuzait are only at war with SE. Also Aserai aren't doing anything, what's new? It also seems like Kingdoms just aren't making peace. Would have thought that this would have been fixed by now.

You just love to see it. At this point, I might just scrap my new playthrough and wait for the full release, because this ain't it.
SE starts at war with Aserai and NE starts at war with the Khuzaits, so there are at least two factions making peace.

As far as your 4 "nerfs":

1) Herd Penalty was non-existence before, the current 2 horses per troop limit is completely reasonable.
2) This perk should be deleted and players should just have the option to trade/purchase fiefs from the start for a ridiculous price. (don't put trading fiefs to recruit lords behind a perk)
3) Is this even true? I still get days where my caravan can hit 1k profit
4) Its the exact same until you get past 1 million, and its a passive income. How in the world does this ruin trading? 1k gold a day is still huge and basically a free caravan or two, do you really deserve more than that? No. Also its suppose to be an investment, but you don't even sacrifice your gold or have any risk of losing it. Doesn't sound like a real investment to me. If you were handing over your gold to a towns "bank" (with the risk of losing it if the town is taken) for a higher daily income, then this would be different. Instead you just get free money with no risk of an actual investment.

Also no one said you trading to get fiefs should be comparable to fighting for fiefs. It is a fighting game with trading, not a trading game with fighting. So of course you should be able to fight for 3 towns before 1000 days, buying 3 towns before 1000 days is just cheesing the game.
Have also been doing a trading run (up to 289 after 610 days) and so thought I'd add my two cents to the above.
1) Totally agree, I think the current herd penalty is about right you are still fast enough that it is possible to outrun most enemies regardless of the size of your herd which is all it takes to make trading viable.
2) Hell no. This is an essential perk to the entire concept for many people who embark on the trading aspect of the game as it gives them a good end goal for the play style and I don't get why so many people who don't play traders get so bent out of shape about it. You have to devote an absurd amount of time into getting trading to 300 and there are much, much easier ways of doing it. What I do believe is that you should be able to trade fiefs you own for free as part of the game hence allowing everyone to offer conquered land for loyalty. At a push you could even allow fief exchange where you could swap fiefs with the AI, but keeping the right to outright buy land only to those that have devoted a lot of playtime to trading. Personally I like the idea of not killing a load of people in the place I intend to rule from and so feel it gives me a good starting point to declare a kingdom from and then as enemies declare war on you from there then it's on them rather than me randomly declaring war on someone who has not done anything to me.
3) Caravan and workshop profits do seem pretty random and opaque, but they are still useful. I'd like just to be able to see the costs used to get their profit (ideally when looking to buy) so I could work out how worthwhile they are. As they will stay in the clan forever potentially then I feel like they shouldn't give too large a profit (although I also think that while the current equipment prices are as mad as they are it doesn't matter if they are higher currently either)
4) It doesn't ruin trading, but does feel like a big nerf compared to the old system, still it's a an ok amount of money for a single perk and still a good choice, so not too bad and again risk free which is rare.

Almost everyone cheeses this game in one way or another be it tabbing out of the battle so that the plain I am fighting on isn't the heavily forested battlefield I found myself in, or people who reload saves, to win spouses, avoid deaths of key characters, defeats and probably almost anyone who does anything with smithing in it's current format. They are so many ways to cheese the game and I expect most of us do it and while not all of these are to my tastes if it makes the single player game better for other people and I don't use them then why does it matter.

went to revyl today. pretty low prosperity as usal for sturgia. but got noble bows and javelins for 100k+ as well as highlevel armor. nice bug
Noticed the same. Funny thing is towns with no smithy spawned more top notch armours on my pt , lmao. Could be RNG i guess.
Got all top tier armours/helms to spawn within 25 years , apart from Vlandian chest.
They seem to have removed the prosperity requirement entirely , which i don't mind too much since it was completely unviable before.
We used to need 25k+ prosperity + luck to start seeing top armours because towns didn't have enough gold to spawn such items.
I hope they tie it back to prosperity but with much smaller requirements than before.
On a previous playthrough i cheat boosted Sanala to 20k prosperity and food problems started even with 1.5k+ hearth villages. Sanala is propably the best town to sustain prosperity because it's war-free and has 4 tied villages + tones of grain. Even there i got no armours ( southern scale for aserai ) , only top aserai helms. A change was needed , but 3k prosperity towns with no smithy spawning imperial lamellar or similar tier is certainly way too broken.
On a positive note , the chance to spawn seems alright.

Bows are also buggy , nobles bows/longbows spawn everywhere and way too often.

Last edited:
The Naked lord hotfix requires a new campaign to work as far I know.
Yes, i am carrying a save from somewhere in ~V 1.4 where they required a new save game (if i remember correctly)...

Is this terrible?
I started a new game after the most recent hotfix and can confirm it is not present in it :smile:
We will likely(maybe?) get a new patch in the next week or two, so if you have been continuing a playthrough since the 1.4’s and still enjoying it, maybe wait to start a new game whenever the next patch comes out? You’ll likely be having some lingering compatibility issues as you continue on old saves, especially if you are playing the beta branches where things are (in theory) much more likely to be broken.

I tend to start new playthroughs with each patch, and sometimes hotfix too, as I like to see the game it it’s current state and not worry about compatibility issues.
Also, I enjoy the character creation aspect of games and having fun stories to help bring them to life. As such, I generally enjoy the early game.

Back
Top Bottom