In Progress [Beta 1.7.2] Awkward screenresolution in windowed mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary:
When I enable the windowed mode, the screen resolution is rather odd. The game doesn't seem to take into account that there now is a title part to the window and that windows has a task bar.
What happens is that a) the task bar is completely ignored and the game window simply covers the task bar and b) due to the title on the window, the actual game window has portions of the GUI being below the bottom edge of the monitor, making some info hard or impossible to read and the GUI being awkward to use.
I would have expected that the game window would simply have a slightly changed display ration to account for both the window title as well as the windows task bar. After all, playing the game in windowed mode for me means that I can fully use other apps or programs while playing.
How to Reproduce:
Switch to windowed mode in options.
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
see signature

Hey, sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please let me know the resolution of your desktop and the resolution of the game? And if you can share some visuals depicting the issue it would be better for us to recognize the problem. Thank you for your time.

Hi. Sure I can provide the info and screens you need.
As for your first question, I am running a 1920x1080 resolution on my desktop. When I manually select this resolution in the Video options, the config shows "Desktop Resolution" after saving and reopening the options.

So here the screenshots I took to explain my problem.
First a screenshot of a Discord window and of another game in windowed mode.Please note the correct window titles and the visibility of the windows task bar.
This screenshot shows Bannerlord in windowed mode, desktop resolution.Please note the missing windows task bar and the strange title of the window. Also note the partly cut-off part of the GUi at the bottom.
For comparison a screenshot of Bannerlord in Borderless-Fullscreen mode.The GUI at the bottom is now fully visible, nothing is cut off.

Hope this helps.

Hey, i have forwarded the info to the devs and i will update the thread if there is any news from them. Thank you for your time.

Back
Top Bottom