Resolved Beta 1.5.10.271913 - Why Does Morale Drop So Fast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Morale drops by (2) every day for no apparent reason even while resting. There are no negative modifiers anywhere indicating why it drops so quickly, or what is affecting it and the only way to increase (albeit very slowly), is to constantly keep fighting. Morale did not seem to drop as fast in previous versions.

In M&B Warband you gained a morale bonus for resting in cities, which makes sense. In the latest Bannerlord update resting seems to give you a negative penalty. Why is this?

How to Reproduce: Rest in settlements.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No.
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060
GPU Driver Version: 461.56
CPU: i5
RAM: 24 GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Hello, I've uploaded the save file as requested. Also included a zipped file with screenshots showing morale values over a same day period and over to the next day.

Hello, I've uploaded the save file as requested. Also included a zipped file with screenshots showing morale values over a same day period and over to the next day.
From my experience though.

Your morale is based on several things though, so if you have higher than "your" normal morale due to haveing being victorious in battle its "boosted".

Put in another way your "resting" morale is 66, however since you had been fighting and winning battles/skirmishes for days your morale was now 96 when you entered town to rest.
Thus for each day you are in town it will keep on ticking until you hit your "resting" morale 66.

The default value of morale is 50 I belive, and then you add various modifiers to the value(from food, battles, food variety, how much food you have stocked up, leadership value/steward aswell have some impact I think)

So this your describing can actually be as it should be, then again it could be a bug(I just wanted to point it out if you werent aware of how the morale is influenced in the game etc etc :wink: )

Hello, although this sounds likely, i have forwarded the issue to the QA team. I will forward the issue for further inspection and see if there is anything wrong. Thank you all for your time.

From my experience though.

Your morale is based on several things though, so if you have higher than "your" normal morale due to haveing being victorious in battle its "boosted".

Put in another way your "resting" morale is 66, however since you had been fighting and winning battles/skirmishes for days your morale was now 96 when you entered town to rest.
Thus for each day you are in town it will keep on ticking until you hit your "resting" morale 66.

The default value of morale is 50 I belive, and then you add various modifiers to the value(from food, battles, food variety, how much food you have stocked up, leadership value/steward aswell have some impact I think)

So this your describing can actually be as it should be, then again it could be a bug(I just wanted to point it out if you werent aware of how the morale is influenced in the game etc etc :wink: )
Thank you for your input Zorion_no. It is much appreciated!

I am aware of how morale is calculated and have no qualms about it. The question I'm asking is why does it drop by 2 pts each tick after the last update? Assuming there are no negative modifiers it should only drop by one, no? If there are negative modifiers, these should be listed and referenced so the player can have a chance to remediate. That's the purpose of my ask in this thread :smile:

I do appreciate the opportunity to explore this issue further and I'm looking forwrd to hear the devs feedback.

Thank you for your input Zorion_no. It is much appreciated!

I am aware of how morale is calculated and have no qualms about it. The question I'm asking is why does it drop by 2 pts each tick after the last update? Assuming there are no negative modifiers it should only drop by one, no? If there are negative modifiers, these should be listed and referenced so the player can have a chance to remediate. That's the purpose of my ask in this thread :smile:

I do appreciate the opportunity to explore this issue further and I'm looking forwrd to hear the devs feedback.
Gotcha =)

Hello, i have asked the devs about to issue to confirm it. Everything is as it should be in your save file and the morale loss is due to there is no recent event. Thank you both for your time.

Back
Top Bottom