In Progress [BETA 1.4.1] Default formation for Mercenary Crossbow line is I (Infantary)

Users who are viewing this thread

The default formation for mercenary -guard / -crossbowman / -crossbow is the Infantary formation but should be II = Archers.

Changing to II only last for the session. After exit and load it's infantary again.

Summary:
How to Reproduce
: Just hire or upgrade to the unit.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): ---
Media (Screenshots & Video): ---
Version: Beta 1.41
Installed community-made modifications: ---
Computer Specs
:
GPU: AMD RX 5700
CPU: Ryzen 3600
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: Asus Prime B350 Plus
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

The default formation for mercenary -guard / -crossbowman / -crossbow is the Infantary formation but should be II = Archers.

Changing to II only last for the session. After exit and load it's infantary again.

Summary:
How to Reproduce
: Just hire or upgrade to the unit.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): ---
Media (Screenshots & Video): ---
Version: Beta 1.41
Installed community-made modifications: ---
Computer Specs
:
GPU: AMD RX 5700
CPU: Ryzen 3600
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: Asus Prime B350 Plus
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

I fixed the problem by myself. I modify the spnpccharacters.xml in SandboxCore/ModuleData for the "Mercenary Crossbowman" and "Mercenary Guard". The Hired Crossbow was fine (strange). I will test it again.

123.png

To add to this thread, Vlandian Levy Crossbowmen are also incorrectly labelled as infantry.
I didn't have this issue in 1.4.1 but I'm now using BETA 1.4.2 and am experiencing this with the Vlandian Levy Crossbowman. Pretty annoying as when I forget to change after each load of a save game, my crossbows get slaughtered in the front line.

Hello, we are aware of this problem and working hard to fix it as soon as possible. Thank you for reporting it in.

Vlandian Levy Crossbows are infantry but Sturgian Woodsmenn are ranged. And after upgrade Sturgian Brigand goes back to being infantry with despite having more javs and Aserai Skirmishers are also infantry
Don't get me wrong.. Skirmishers and Brigand should be infantry, but if woodsman are considered range... They should be too

Additional wrong formations:
Maruder and Raider (steppe bandits) are in group III (cav), they should be IV (horse archers)
Wolf Skins troop tree is all archers but for some reason they are in group I (inf)

Im not sure about this - bottom of Boar crossbowmen tree is set to group I.

Back
Top Bottom