Best-dressed Warrior

Users who are viewing this thread

AmateurHetman said:
+Khergitlancer80
It’s really disappointing to come across someone so blindly biased and nationalistic.

The Husaria were unique because the uniforms were only partly inspired by the Turkish ones.
The Polish Szyszak was very different and there was also another variation known as a Kapalin. Their armour was segmented to give more flexibility when riding (unique).
The vambraces were Persian inspired and not Turkish.
Polish hussars have 120 years of being undefeated, something the janissaries can’t boast of.
As for you talking about ‘stealing’ many janissaries were actually acquired through the blood tax, aka Christian children kidnapped from their homes and converted by force. (Those we’re the effective janissaries, as after that the civilianised janissaries were lacklustr)

Your description of Varna is actually hilarious and was a battle that didn’t even involve the polish hussars as they didn’t exist yet.

The hussars met the janissaries on multiple occasions, even making them flee at the battle of Khotyn.

Anyway, I don’t want to be disrespectful, I hope you know at least that the Ottomans were the only people to not recognise the partitions of Poland-Lithuania, something I have respect for.
Soldiers from both sides had great respect for each other, to the point that after a battle which ended with a treaty, Poles and Turks began celebrating together.

I am biased ? All I did was suggesting Janissaries for the best dressed warriors and from then on I had to deal with many people who were just **** posting stuff.If someone is biased and blindly nationalistic it is those who are saying stuff like ''pijama heads''.
I am sorry your winged hussars may be good soldiers but most of their equipments and clothes were not unique sorry.

You attack me with blind nationalist card but winged hussars arent my matter it was YOU who said Janissaries were no match for Polish Hussar stuff even though the topic was clearly not about that.After that comment all I did was explaining you how their clothes are just borrowings from other troops especially Akınjı.

Kappalin seriously ?
Write Google polish hussar click on images and scroll down for a minute.
Tell me if you see a polish hussar with kappalin.
Also they didnt even stoop to find a new Word haha they just played with the chychek noun in Turkish.It means flower.
Even this arguement shows us who is the real blind nationalist.
You just cant accept a single fact that Winged Hussars borrowed their armor parts from elsewhere.

You are demagogising I didnt say that Janisarry defeated Polish Hussar in Varna I was implying that they were able to turn the hopeless situations.

From 1521 to 1683 no European Powers ever dared to face Ottoman army in ground battles.
Thats why all the battles between are siege battles.Ottomans were a GLOBAL EMPİRE while Poland was a commonwealth a territorial power.
Janisarries were the second best troops of a global power while Winged Hussars were troops of a kingdom between other kingdoms.

Blood tax ? You are jumping from subject to subject I made a post about their uniform first then you changed the subject to combat effectiveness and now you are jumping to yet another.Typical behaviours of a man with rancor.

At the time of battle of Khotyn Janissaries were just a mob.First thing they did after this battle was killing Osman II.
Also Ottomans won the war before this one they were going to invade Poland if you didnt halt them with this battle.

I wasnt posting these to offend anyone truth needs to be told.
Noone denies how good the winged hussars were in their times.

People are so proud of how they halted Ottoman invasion in their lands but they never ask the question about how did the manage to come to that point in the first place.

Everyone come one by one ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do not look here said:
The charge during battle of Varna was performed by inferior numbers, that is pretty uniformly agreed upon, disregarding the initial numbers of both armies. Wlasyslaw III mounted a charge leading his personal bodyguard banner of Polish and Hungarian knights, together around half a thousand of warriors.

Commonwealth's hussars were inspired (permit me to refuse using term 'stealing' as silly) by Akinji simply because they both used exotic animal pelts? Besides, you keep talking about the leopards and tigers, while I already said those were used only by officers, specifically due to their signature rarity. Average companion would use bear or wolf.

1)Then he was dumb I dont know I watched the battle from a youtube video.
2)Helmet is an affection of Turkish Chichek, the wings are taken from Turkish Akınjı, wiki says some of them carried Turko Tatar bows and the first image in Google images when I write Polish hussar carries a leopard, second one carries a leopard and the third one made a belt from leopard.So I come into conclusion that they mostly carried leopards.
Then I still wasnt satisfied and I looked at wiki and found this sentence :
''Towarzysz usually wore a leopard (sometimes tiger, jaguar or lion) pelt over his left shoulder, or as often depicted in the surviving Podhorce Castle paintings, he had the exotic pelt underneath his saddle or wrapped around his hips. Wolf, brown bear and lynx pelts were reserved for leaders and veterans (starszyzna).''
I think you confused what ordinary companions wore and what higher rankeds wore.

+JACVBHINDS // 寒心420?
Because thats what we have been arguing for an hour thank you !

+Wigster600
They were mostly balkan people.Armenians were for some reason forbidden to be recruited in Devshirmeh system.They were mostly goldsmiths.

Yes some did wear Kapalins and in Polish Szyszak comes from Szyszka which means pinecone.

My original comment was tongue-in-cheek, but you then started on about how Poles stole uniform ideas. And again I repeat, there is no definitive source that describes winged hussars wearing wings into battle. To say they copy the Akinji is a very weak claim.

I am not nationalistic because I think the shape of their hats looks like pants, even if it doesn't split, the first thing I asked myself when I saw the picture is ''why is he strapping a pair of pants on his head, its silly'' and even if its not totally pants shaped, its still very silly looking.

Indeed, I remembered the rank-to-animal thing wrong. It still doesn't change the fact that they wore individual sets of segmented half-armour, ornamented with gold.

I still can't understand how you can look at this
9fdqA.png
then turn back to Akinji and think 'Yup, animal pelts and Turkish-inspired helmet, totally same thing'.

EDIT: late XVIth century hussar sets,
bron1.jpg
250px-Polish_cavalry_armour_XVI-XVII_century.png
though less popular in depiction than the 'iconic' helmet, we have no reason to think kapalin wasn't just as widespread among the ranks.

I'm not saying that elements of hussar suit aren't borrowed from Turkish military because there's no arguing against Turkish influences in Commonwealth's fashion. As I said previously, wealthier families even dressed up their bodyguards as janissaries. All the gold and bling they wore - and, despite your words, the signature lance - still give them in my eyes unique look that can't be mistaken for some other unit.

AmateurHetman said:
+Khergitlancer80
It’s really disappointing to come across someone so blindly biased and nationalistic.
Regardless of whether I agree with you in this instance or not, I am greatly amused by the irony here. :lol:

KhergitLancer80 said:
I dont know I watched the battle from a youtube video.
Maybe don't argue about things you don't know about beyond having "watched it from a youtube video". Protip.

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry said:
AmateurHetman said:
+Khergitlancer80
Regardless of whether I agree with you in this instance or not, I am greatly amused by the irony here. :lol:

I’m not blindly biased, I’ll admit when I’m wrong and as I’ve matured, I find plenty to criticise about the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth.

Edit-
Almalexia, debates are always entertaining, I never hesitate to start one, even if it stains my reputation.

SexHaver420?? said:
Technically Poles and Hungarians are both Turkic anyway.

No they arent lol
Poles are slavic and Hungarians are uralic.
Uralics are linked to Altaics and Turks are Altaic but we are soooo distant cousins at best.

Poles are descended from stubborn mountain goats that headbutt people.

I have been biased in the past, I would defend Poland in arguments as if it were holy. I guess partly due to the fact that Poland went through some **** in the past century, and I’m reminded of it every time i visit family in Warsaw. (Was completely destroyed and rebuilt to resemble a commie-ville).

I admit that our nationalists -especially greywolves- claim too many people and they pollute our already terrible reputation.

The thing is they dont teach us in schools the things they claim in internet.
Some of them claim Genghis Khan was a Turkic even though in school books it clearly says that he was a mongol.They also say stuff like mongols were in fact Turks while school books only say that we are probably distant cousins.

The only thing that our school books claim and it is untrue is that Huns were Turkic.It may be true that they were proto Turks but it is disputed so giving it like a undisputed fact is wrong.

They join to stupid nationalist political groups after school and for all the day they listen men who were like them when they were in school.
Because they are high school teens their voice sounds more distinct in internet.

Back
Top Bottom