• Lithuania

Votes: 221 25.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LDKsoldier said:
CounterPoint391 said:
Could you use a nice lance for the Teutonic Order?

screenshot772010110724p.png
Nice, but I thought about something like these lances:
btevtonknightsrv1.jpg
atevtonscreenshotxc7.jpg

just going a little TW in here, why dont you ask the BALTS team for permission to use a few/many/some of their models (shields helmets) and even textures, and convert them to M&B?

CounterPoint391 said:
That's easy, I'll just invert the colors. I won't add vamplates, because vamplates are for pussies....
Thanks a lot for your offer, but I want to make a new lance model with vamplates.

Swagger said:
just going a little TW in here, why dont you ask the BALTS team for permission to use a few/many/some of their models (shields helmets) and even textures, and convert them to M&B?
That's funny, because I am a member of BALTS and I have MADTAO's permission (Baltic Crusades team leader) to use all his stuff. You read my mind Swagger  :mrgreen:
I don't use his models, but I use his textures to learn (because he is a texturer God), for inspiration and I also use his Teutonic and Lithuanian symbols, like this:
teutonicknight1.jpg

LDKsoldier said:
CounterPoint391 said:
That's easy, I'll just invert the colors. I won't add vamplates, because vamplates are for pussies....
Thanks a lot for your offer, but I want to make a new lance model with vamplates.

Swagger said:
That's funny, because I am a member of BALTS and I have MADTAO's permission (Baltic Crusades team leader) to use all his stuff. You read my mind Swagger  :mrgreen:
I don't use his models, but I use his textures to learn (because he is a texturer God), for inspiration and I also use his Teutonic and Lithuanian symbols, like this:
teutonicknight1.jpg

awesome that will actually speed up the progress :smile:

shame TWC has been down :sad:

anyway, why dont you use their models, no offense but that is quite a waste?

LDKsoldier said:
Who is dejawolfs?
And these Kettle hats are my models. (the mail coif is from Warband)  :wink:

I'm sorry I didn't intend to offend you. These kettlehats just reminded me of two
kettlehats from dejawolf, who made a mediveal helmet pack once:
newhelmets.jpg
(First and third one.)
...but I checked details and they're different  :wink:
Good work and good luck for further work!

Albertus Magnus said:
LDKsoldier said:
Who is dejawolfs?
And these Kettle hats are my models. (the mail coif is from Warband)  :wink:

I'm sorry I didn't intend to offend you. These kettlehats just reminded me of two
newhelmets.jpg
(First and third one.)

No biggie, LDK used to be part of the graphic team of IG, so I would notice his style. Deja did a good job with those helms though.

Albertus Magnus said:
newhelmets.jpg
(First and third one.)
I am not offended  :smile: I just didn't know who is dejawolf (now I know who is). Our kettle hats are similar because we used the same reference: kettle hats from XIV century. And our great helmets will be similar too, because he has made this helmet (the quarter):
helmetpack.jpg
and I will use this one as reference.
greathelmet8.jpg

Swagger said:
awesome that will actually speed up the progress :smile:

shame TWC has been down :sad:
Yeah. I think that it was the biggest TWC down, it started one week before, yesterday it was ok, but today it's down again  :sad:

Swagger said:
anyway, why dont you use their models, no offense but that is quite a waste?
Two reasons:

1) MTW2 models are very low poly, too low poly for M&B. In Warband, these models will look bad, like lods.  :mrgreen:
2) Because I want to make them. I enjoy a lot making 3D models. And in this way I also improve my 3D moddeling skills.  :mrgreen:

Edit:

In game screenshots with bascinets nad kettle helmets:
mbwarband20100709112424.jpg
mbwarband20100709112445.jpg
mbwarband20100709112539.jpg
mbwarband20100709112817.jpg

trueten said:
Truelly amazing, but... only two factions? Would be nice to add Poland and Rus.

Would be more logical if Novogrod (independent at the time) would be added than Rus, simply because of the fact that the Rus played no part in the conflict.
On the other hand, Poland did play a role as a former ally of the Teutons, so might be woth considering.

Agreed. Rushing the mod won't do us any good, but, you might want to add those factions in a 2.0 version of the mod.

Completely your choice of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom