BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[BEAST#1] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I minor thing I'd like to is that starting out we aren't expecting to get servers for this tourney at all.
That surprise obviously creates a little bit more work, for example in regards of factions.
We will deal with that ones we know exactly what the servers will enable us to do.
I think everybody wants to start this tourney asap.

Will the groupstage last 3 or 4 weeks? Rule says 3, means groups consisting 5 teams, have to play 2matches in one week.

- According to playername/ tags, we have to put the TAG into our steam profile name? Kinda weird to me

Last edited:
Any update on this?
As stated in the rules any rulebreak is liable to result in a default loss of rounds, potentially leading to a match loss.
However, given the lack of admin toools any team making a formal complaint would have to have reasonable proof, which is why we suggest as many players as can do so, record their matches, or at least take screenshots.
Generally we hope all players will play in a spirit of cooperation and good will.

Will the groupstage last 3 or 4 weeks? Rule says 3, means groups consisting 5 teams, have to play 2matches in one week.

- According to playername/ tags, we have to put the TAG into our steam profile name? Kinda weird to me
The groupstage will last 4 weeks, which means some teams will have to play 2 matches in a week but tbh I would hope that everyone got on with it and played their matches asap. After all there are only 3 (2) maps and not that much to do to prepare. Also there are likely to be updates during the tournament that may change things.

I do not see any issue with the tags, even if you do not usually have a tag inyour Steam name it takes like 2 seconds to change it and then its only for the duration of the match. Once again I would remind everyone there are NO tools for running a torunament, please approach this in a spirit of fun and good will.

If the maximum of teams per group is 5, and we have 4 weeks, there‘s no team which has to play 2 matches in a week.
Atleast looks like that for me

Have you allowed for the fact that with 5 teams, one team would have to sit out each week?

Ikea Knight did all the work of listing out the match ups in consistent order (which I am currently putting into code and posting) and for 5 team groups that worked out at 5 weeks but tbh it just feels too long. I would hope that we could get throgh it all a lot quicker.

Hello everyone!
There is good and bad news.

The tournament will start tomorrow, on Monday 15th June. Fixtures and everything else will be posted shortly so that matches can be played starting tomorrow. Matches should be completed before Sunday 23 BST.
The bad news is that the servers for the tournament are not ready yet. Therefore the matchfinder has to be used as fallback method. Once the servers are ready and available they will be used, but this is not possible yet.

Good luck for all the teams involved!
-TheBard

I have previously mentioned that people have exams right now, but I don't think this has been taken into consideration (even though you've mentioned you will come back to that). Half of my team will not be available this week. Can we please delay the tournament start by 1 week (so that matches should be completed by Sunday 28th)?

I have previously mentioned that people have exams right now, but I don't think this has been taken into consideration (even though you've mentioned you will come back to that). Half of my team will not be available this week. Can we please delay the tournament start by 1 week (so that matches should be completed by Sunday 28th)?
Nah dude half of DM has exams as well (including me). We still will be able to play. But there's no point to prolong this **** even more because of how long it takes to get out of the group stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom