Battle strategy - duels

Users who are viewing this thread

Makememove

Sergeant
Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding the duels. I think this is a very cool feature - unfortunately I have one problem with it. After the duel is fought, all my troops attack at once. Since I am playing as a villianese chief and therefore prefer defensive battle tactics, this really sucks, because i don´t have the time to get them back in line before the enemy (evil horse lords like the kerghits and the sarranids are especially problematic) attacks. Is there a solution for this? Or do I have to turn off the duel feature?

When you move forward after the challenge is issued and before the duelists meet; without a given command infantry, archers, and cavalry come to your position at the moment either the challenge is a accepted by one of your folks, or when battle is joined. So, if you are on a fast horse, you can pick where you want your troops to be located when the duel ends. When the wacky folks start to charge, call them back to follow you.

Computica, I'm taking some downtime until you offer the next release candidate to recharge my batteries and heal my shoulder.

Makememove said:
Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding the duels. I think this is a very cool feature - unfortunately I have one problem with it. After the duel is fought, all my troops attack at once. Since I am playing as a villianese chief and therefore prefer defensive battle tactics, this really sucks, because i don´t have the time to get them back in line before the enemy (evil horse lords like the kerghits and the sarranids are especially problematic) attacks. Is there a solution for this? Or do I have to turn off the duel feature?
I had this problem as I am also playing with mainly villianese troops and what worked well for me was telling my army to stand ground the second the duel's over. Not 100% effective but it really helped me.

Daedelus_McGee said:
When you move forward after the challenge is issued and before the duelists meet; without a given command infantry, archers, and cavalry come to your position at the moment either the challenge is a accepted by one of your folks, or when battle is joined. So, if you are on a fast horse, you can pick where you want your troops to be located when the duel ends. When the wacky folks start to charge, call them back to follow you.

Computica, I'm taking some downtime until you offer the next release candidate to recharge my batteries and heal my shoulder.
Aye, I'll PM you when I have something worth testing.

Adding an option to set your battle formations and tactics before the battle begins would fix your problem but that requires changes to the mod, perhaps I should have posted in the suggestions section.

alttimer said:
now iv got a question on that is it going to be just formations or somthing like pre battle orders
The goal is to have Pre Battle Orders, but this is a big mod with a lot of moving parts. Keeping them all working and not going "Ka-Boom" is more of a challenge than you might think. Most other mod dev's are wildly impressed with the level of functionality Computica's accomplished with deep a feature set. (Except for that one guy who was a turd and a liar. His reputation suffered a mischief.)

One of those things I need to do to contribute to this mod is to re-write the specifications and progress list as a spreadsheet so it can be more readily updated.

Back
Top Bottom