Battle of Prostki - October 8, 1656 (Youtube Video)

Users who are viewing this thread

KuroiNekouPL said:
In my opinion those two programs are actually the least reliable of which I know(Windows crap...). Try AllPlayer. :smile:
Eventually try DivX software, they have codec pack and player too.

OMG, that AllPlayer thing not only solved my problem, but found subtitles for the movie automatically in literally less than a second. WOOT.

wiwat rzeczpospolita! :mrgreen:

Seriously, thank you mate, made this beast my default video player. Can't wait to see the Deluge now.

YourStepDad said:
KuroiNekouPL said:
In my opinion those two programs are actually the least reliable of which I know(Windows crap...). Try AllPlayer. :smile:
Eventually try DivX software, they have codec pack and player too.

OMG, that AllPlayer thing not only solved my problem, but found subtitles for the movie automatically in literally less than a second. WOOT.

wiwat rzeczpospolita! :mrgreen:

Seriously, thank you mate, made this beast my default video player. Can't wait to see the Deluge now.
I'm glad I helped someone. Have fun watching the movie. :smile:

Watched 1612, but boy was it a downer. Story looks like it was written in fifteen minutes and every damn character is a stereotype. Main actors did a horrible job, giving no extra touch to their already shallow parts. And what the hell was up with that bloody unicorn every five minutes? Perhaps I'm not familiar enough with Russian movies in general, yet I fear I've seen my last one.

Don't let yourself have prejudices because of a one bad movie.

I watched a few Russian movies, and always found them exciting and original, same as I find Polish war movies exciting right now.

Try watching Night Watch or Day Watch for example. Very unique and original, though a tad bit slow paced.

Anyway, Potop is 5 hours long. Holy crap. Watched half of it. So far, me likey. :smile:

5 hours?!

Do they show the main character's entire life in real time? Do they read the Bible aloud from front to back? Or is there a three hour break in the middle of the movie?

True, and I can applaud them for that. I enjoy a lenghty movie. :smile:

I have just finished watching it, it was very enjoyable and very well done, but I dunno, didn't leave me with the same impression Ogniem & Mieczem did. I think what it lacked was the brilliant music O&M had.

Oddly enough, despite length of the movie, they cut out A LOT of great scenes from the book. Like for example battle in some village, where a boy captured Swedish standard, Roch Kowalski's pursue after King Carl Gustav, Some parts of Jasna Góra siege scenes. A lot of great stuff is missing. :sad: I'd love to see the whole book on silver screen, even if it was to be 10 or 20 hours long. :smile:

I'm often complaining that there aren't any more 5 hour films. Hell's bells my girlfriend went mad last month after I watched Shoah for the third time, 10 hour holocaust documentaries is how I roll.

Just began reading With Fire and Sword, really like it so far.  Though I am confused by the movies, is this like Star Wars and am I supposed to watch them in the order they came out, or the order that they are in the plot?

Captain Pyjama Shark said:
Just began reading With Fire and Sword, really like it so far.  Though I am confused by the movies, is this like Star Wars and am I supposed to watch them in the order they came out, or the order that they are in the plot?

I recommend you to watch (and read of course) in this order: "With Fire and Sword", "The Deluge" and finally "Colonel Wołodyjowski". I know that WFAS is the latest and "Colonel Wołodyjowski" is much older but in third part of this book/movies some ppl are older than in first one. If you watch "Colonel Wołodyjowski" you will know something about some events, and you shouldn't know it at this time. Pay attention to continuity of events :smile:

Ok, I will do that.  Thanks mate!  I think I'll try to read the books first, then watch the films.  Or maybe read the first book, then watch the first movie, then the second book, and so on.

Back
Top Bottom