SP - Player, NPCs & Troops battanian archers

Users who are viewing this thread

fanch88

Recruit
hi, i am the only person to thinks the battanian need a normal archer in their troop tree? the strength of this faction is skirmish and archer but you have too search a will before find archer... did the kuzait struglle to find horse archer? or the sturigien for heavy infanterie ect ect? ( its a real question i dont have plays them yet )

Sturgia specialty is the noble cavalry lol. But yeah it is strange for Battania.
They can use a 3 system: commoner tree, merchant tree and noble tree.
We have already the battanian armed merchant. They just need to redone the trees: merchant will be rare as noble in villages but quite common in cities. All Battania merchant tree will be archers but the commoner tree will stay the same while the other faction will have something else. Other faction will have more merchant options (choose between cavalry, infantry and archer) but with lower quality, for example Empire could get a melee cavalry from merchant weaker than other factions to have numbers since it is strange they can field horse archer or super heavy tanks.

the strong point of sturgia is not their infanterie? i don't have play them but it seem obvious they have great infanterie?

+1 i agree on this ....(backstory) Im recruiting troops for my garrison and upgrading as I go .... and just to realize Battanians has No normal archer that carry bow and arrow in their troop trees .... only skirmisher

+1 i agree on this ....(backstory) Im recruiting troops for my garrison and upgrading as I go .... and just to realize Battanians has No normal archer that carry bow and arrow in their troop trees .... only skirmisher
So something you can do is get a bunch of forest bandits, and fight mercs bands that have archers in their roster, such as Saplings, Wolfs, and Foresters. Forest Bandits have a higher bow skill than any main troop, though i don't know their gear. And the merc company archers have around 200 bow skill. Also if you level up leadership, you can get disciplinarian for making Forest Bandits into Fians.

yeah i know that and it save my ass^^ but its affect only the player but lord don't do that , its make me sad to go to war with my battanian lords who only have 3,4 archers on their army of 80+ soldiers

If they're worried about flooding the Battanian troop tree, maybe they could fuse Battanian horse men and skirmishers into a single unit instead. That way there's room for regular archers while also keeping Battanian lords from getting too much cavalry (I find they often have quite a few horsemen despite that not being their strength).

Also just to make the archers unique, they should be shirtless like falxmen. Give them longbows and a base statline to make them great at the pure task of shooting things, but not so much for trading well at range or surviving in melee. Maybe give them axes like the rangers in MP too. That way they don't straight up outshine Fians, or even the Aserai Master Archer.

Back
Top Bottom