Basic Server Guide, All you need to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Too bad no matter what I do my router hates me... D: I'm guessing it's a forwarding problem but I decided to just quit at it, after all, I DID try about 15 times with no success...  :roll:

EDIT: Seperated it to make it clear what I was loling about. Loling... strange word.

AlexHutchy said:
How the hell do you open the admin pannel??

lol i also ahd this problem in the start ^^

when you connect to the game there is a black box and its written password - typ your admin password there and then press join game. If password is correct and your in the game press "Esc" and you will see something called adminstration panel :wink:

Can someone help me what does ?

Unrecognized module_info directive =  use explicit_couch_flag . skipping.
..WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_check_party_sees_party
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE: game_get_party_speed_multiplier

WTF IS THIS HELP!!!

Siloer said:
WTF IS THIS HELP!!!
That isn't a real error, don't worry about it. Also, this was addressed earlier in this thread. Poor show.

EDIT: seeing as I'm already posting, I'll mention my issue. I forward the port I've set in my sample.txt file, but when I run the server I can only see it in LAN and not in Internet. I see, the server showing up in LAN is NORMAL!

Can someone give me the map id for castle3?  In an earlier script on this thread it shows it as being multi-scene 10 which is the same as random steppe.  I tried it as 10 in the rotation and it doesn't work.

Ok I got yoshii, (who made the hunt mod) to check this for me and castle3 does indeed share the same map id as random steppe.  I've PM'd armagan to ask what map id to use since using multi_scene_10 doesn't work.
I'll post a response (if I get one) so people that will be running siege servers know the answer.

I have an issue. I made a server with dedicated server file. I edited a .txt file one of the bat files and made it with that. So I see my server in my LAN list but I never see it in my internet list. Why is it so ? I bought and downloaded it from steam. I tried to forward my ports from 7240 to 7245. Dunno what else to do. My configs I used:
#WARNING: Make sure that you change the capital values with proper ones.
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid administrator password
set_pass_admin test
#if you have premium members, set a password for them, otherwise delete/comment out the line below
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid private password
#set_pass_private PRIVATEPASS
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid server name
set_server_name HungarianSERVER
set_add_to_game_servers_list 1
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid welcome message
set_welcome_message To Victory!
#Steam must be running in order to use valve anti cheat
#Also you must use the Steam version of the dedicated server in order to use this option
set_enable_valve_anti_cheat 0
#setting team deathmatch (multiplayer_tdm) mode
set_mission multiplayer_tdm
#setting max players, first one is non-premium member limit, second one is premium member limit
set_max_players 32 32
set_num_bots_voteable 20
set_map multi_scene_1
add_map multi_scene_2
add_map multi_scene_4
add_map multi_scene_7
add_map multi_scene_9
add_map multi_scene_11
add_map multi_scene_12
add_map random_multi_plain_medium
add_map random_multi_plain_large
add_map random_multi_steppe_medium
add_map random_multi_steppe_large
#adding all kingdoms to both sides just to randomize all of them
#adding less kingdoms will reduce the randomization set (used in set_randomize_factions command)
add_factions fac_kingdom_1 fac_kingdom_1
add_factions fac_kingdom_2 fac_kingdom_2
add_factions fac_kingdom_3 fac_kingdom_3
add_factions fac_kingdom_4 fac_kingdom_4
add_factions fac_kingdom_5 fac_kingdom_5
add_factions fac_kingdom_6 fac_kingdom_6
set_randomize_factions 1
#if the bottleneck is your server's bandwidth, then make sure that you set a correct value for upload limit
set_upload_limit 100000000
#if you are running more than one dedicated server on the same computer, you must give different ports to each of them
set_port 7240
#if you are running the Steam version of the dedicated server, this port must also be set, and same limitations of set_port apply for Steam port
#set_steam_port 7241
set_server_log_folder Logs
set_server_ban_list_file Logs\ban_list.txt
get_add_to_game_servers_list
start
set_pass_admin ME
set_server_name MYSERVER
set_mission multiplayer_tdm
set_max_players 64 64
set_map multi_scene_1
add_map multi_scene_2
add_map multi_scene_4
add_map multi_scene_7
set_factions 14 15
add_factions 15 16
add_factions 16 17
add_factions 17 18
add_factions 18 14
set_randomize_factions 1
set_upload_limit 100000000
set_port (YOU DECIDE)
set_num_bots_voteable 1
set_control_block_direction 1
start

Hamachi is my first internet source. Is it interfere with it ? I have windows firewall on,and avg. But I think none of them make the trouble. Is set_add_to_game_servers_list an important command ? I've tried it with this command and without it,but no result. I've tried all the commands with posted to this topic. I haven't written one at my first reply.

_Benedict_ said:
Sento said:
Then I guess my question turns to this which you prolly mentioned but I missed it.  Do you need mount and blade warbands installed to run the server or do you just need the .bat files and other server files?

you need warband and all it's files.

Even if you download the dedicated server files? I purchased the game through Steam, and I don't want to install Steam on a dedicated box in a co-location just to host a dedicated server.

Feri, take out "set_port (YOU DECIDE)" if that is toward the bottom of your config file.
It will overwrite the set_port from above, and most likely making it not work.

Anyone know what the general system requirements are?  What sort of RAM usage can we expect with a fully loaded 64 player server?  What sort of CPU usage can we expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom