Banners are disappointing to say the least

Users who are viewing this thread

I really hope that it's just an early stable iteration of it, but banner editor and banners in general are extremely basic and disappointing, despite being a part of the title of the game. Why can't we use patterns like checkers, stripes, halves, etc? Why can we only apply one logo and only at the center of the flag?
We already had such beautiful banners in E3 2017 gameplay as well. TBH the simplicity of current in-game banners makes me wish for a bunch of preset jpeg's like in Warband and I see no reason why those were dropped for a bunch of bland single color designs.

Bumping this, though i do think other things should have priority, I hope it's coming since they call the banner editor an editor.

Banner editor would be nice. At the same time, I do like the simplicity of some of the banners. Just my preference though

Yeah I was a little disappointed to see 12 color options, more disappointed when I found out it's actually 6 color options for background and 6 for foreground, come on..

And it's not centered.

I do like the simplicity of the options too -- it really underscores that this is a time of political allegiance, and the people swearing fealty use the colors of their kingdom, but choose their symbol accordingly.

More color options for an independent player would be nice, though.

I really hope that this is just a temporary feature of early access, and in the future, at least it will be possible to combine signs and use a color palette.
Interestingly, the lords in the game use combined banners, it would be nice if we could do the same.
d3bf9428d484.png

I can almost create my actual family crest, which is surprising but I need to be able to combine green and blue on the same flag. As of now both those colors are only for the color of the flag itself and not the signet.

Maybe Bannerlord tells us about a time where Heraldic wasn't so established and codified, (as far as I know, banners in early medieval ages were mostly a single figure on a united font) but even so, I agree with the necessity of more colors, and more banner forms. And maybe, apart from the Empire nobles, nobles should use their own colors, and not their kingdom's.

I really hope that it's just an early stable iteration of it, but banner editor and banners in general are extremely basic and disappointing, despite being a part of the title of the game. Why can't we use patterns like checkers, stripes, halves, etc? Why can we only apply one logo and only at the center of the flag?
We already had such beautiful banners in E3 2017 gameplay as well. TBH the simplicity of current in-game banners makes me wish for a bunch of preset jpeg's like in Warband and I see no reason why those were dropped for a bunch of bland single color designs.
Ha I wish they were placable at the center of your shield and flag.

bump de bump,
I feel you, banners should have a more significant role hence Bannerlor. A cool feature for banners is that you or someone in your party can have a banner carrying it and increasing your morale in a radius.

Back
Top Bottom