Bannerlord Wishlist

Users who are viewing this thread

I noticed that in allmost every thread in this forum people mention things they want to get implemented into Bannerlord. Its allmost impossible to get an overview of all of those things, so I decided to gather them here, to finally give a real overview of it. So make a post and write down the things you wish to get implemented into Bannerlord in short and percise sentences. So lets see if it works :razz:

- Keep it short and percise, refrain form "decorating" your wishes
- Don't get into discussions, if you like others wishes, just make a short note

Last edited:
Here we go:

-The ability to actually join in an ongoing battle, when you help a party (instead of starting at the edge of the map with allies)
-Unique perks for different lords
-Unique perks for different companions
-Player perks without useless governor skills
-Ability to join and lead criminal parties (ability to use hideouts as bases)
-Civil Wars (especially after a succession)
-Invading Factions (Like Nords in Sturgia)

- Low level companions that give you more freedom to shape in the direction you want them to be
- More control over clan parties (who to recruit, which troop number not to exceed, what exactly to do)
- Reserve troop category in the army menue that lets you exclude troops from fights to save them
- Mainline archers for Battania
- Noble troops not upgrading from recruits so that we have more of them during wars
- At least a chance to get T6 loot without negative modifiers
- Noble troops only available to lords and kings + extra heroe category only available to kings
- At least a few cutscenes for the most important events (getting married, becoming king/vassal, children reaching maturity)

Last edited:
-Better Way of Conveying World Event Information
-Dynamic Encounters in Villages/Castles/Town including spontaneous combat
-Nemesis Enemy in effecting all facets of players life
-Overhauled Auto Calc System which takes units/weapons/terrain into account
-All Lords have predetermined personality
-More Cultural Distinctiveness in all facets
-Less Mathematic World Ai so they do things based off of personality not just odds

-Frontiers,so armies can't walk freely in a neutral territory without consequences.

-Castles with a influential area that prevents armies from passing. They have to conquer the castle to advance further.

-Cultural, educational,religious and economic buildings in cities and towns,and more control of all the city living aspects.

-Aliances, trade treats, feasts, government, Mayors, courts and conseils, torture, witchs hunt, palages, religion, nuns priests,holy wars, casus belus,corruption, treason, assassinations, and all that medieval stuff.

-Characters with personality,with a story and a coherent behavior

-Longer battles with a realistic speed and troops behavior.

-Mods like Garrison 3.0, Party commands, Party Screen Enhancements nativaly implemented.

-Vassal tiered system (they can pretty much copy it 1:1 from CK for all I care)
-Different goverment forms depending on faction (khuzaits should be a confederation of tribes fighting almost as much among themselves as external threats etc.)
-Finally add the gang system and expand playing as an outlaw
-More minor clans and factions
-More quests
-Custom companions like how it were in Warband
-Upgradeable villages (+ split them from castles)
-Way more stuff to do in scenes
-Custom troops

And pretty much everything that was already said by the others in this thread.

• Internal wars between clans not factions. Two vlandian clans just fighting each other for fiefs
  • Nemesis system
  • Personality traits very prominent
  • Trade deals, trade monopolies, trade embargos
  • Trade guilds owned by clans
  • Sabatage of business by rogue companions or highered gangs
  • More businesses including criminal ones, such as fences or taverns
  • Buy land in villages for farming, pastures, mining.
  • Different ranks and titles, such as knight, count, baron.

Character system
-remove the "global skill learning rate reduction per character level up", levels don't give any direct benefit, why do this?
-Adjust the learning rate and means for slower skills.
-add alternate skill system for skills (medicine, engineer) that just don't fit with the general skill up by use style. We need these BEFORE we do their actions.
-remove attributes and let FP govern skill completely
-let lone clans create armies from clan parties to raise leadership, or add equally fast way to raise leadership
-player can be a captain OR gains benefit from all captain perks
-player can be a governor(via npc minister?) OR player gains benefit from all governor perks.
-revamp, redesign or add/remove perks as you wish, IMO it's not a very good system and any change is welcome

Troops Balancing
-Cap the speed bonus damage of low tier units, they get to many cheap shots on high tier units because of the high tier's speed.
-More dramatic difference in performance and survivability between low and high tier troops
-Cavalry need better AI or longer sidearms to be able to hit enemies 100% when they charge.
-Heavy Cavalry needs high charge damage
-Cavalry need more defense and better AI to not be destroyed by lower tier units. Recruits should not 1hko T6 cav not matter how fast they are riding.
-Infantry needs to hold it's shield up when not swinging.
-High tier Infantry need to be better at fighting and moving in combat, give cheats if needed (-arrow damage, bigger shield radius)
-Add higher survival multipliers for Cav and Inf to compensate for the higher risk they must take
-Low tier ranged units must shoot slower and not from as far a distance
-Horse archers need to circle better as they did in earlier versions
-Stationary ranged unit need to be better at shooting moving targets (Horse archers)
-ranged units cost more upkeep for replacing ammunition
-horses eat and cost more upkeep (because horse DO eat and require heavy upkeep...)

Battle
-pre battle placement and formations, captain assignment
-savable quick select of above to quickly choose between several of you favorite designs for starting a battle
-Troops stay in orientation when moving to a new location, as in the archers stay behind the infantry
-Troops are fully alive and aggressive on "Fallow me" they hit and shoot whenever able, no ignoring enemies allowed.
-more strict distance requirement for "retreat", no more ninja vanish, but possible with planning such as after enemy pulls back to a defensive position.
-do not deploy option for any type of unit or lord
-captain stays in the back option
-formation can be targeted at a enemy formation/type of troops
-better means to split formations in battle, such a 1 button press to split a large formation into 2
-ammo refill at back of map for those extra long fights
-no fighting on the village maps with more then 100 units total, it's just not big enough
-no fighting on the village map just because near village, wtf are we all 500+ going into the village to have a fight?
-More large open maps with good visibility for player and interesting landmarks
-removal of maps that aren't as described above such as "horse fall down trail" and "trees trees and more trees"

Clan and NPC
Enemies who "don't want to fight" go away and don't repeat their action for some significant amount of time (no raiding you fiefs again for 20 days exct)
Enemies "who don't want to fight" have some alternative option if you have good relations
Some lords hold a grudge if you beat them or kill (in combat) a friend, they may seek your clan out specifically
Transparent requirements for marriage and vassal recruitment
No random % chances and dialogues for marriage and vassal recruitment
Let me choose if I lower relation with enemies who raid my fiefs
Clan parties can be told to patrol fiefs
Clan parties can be told to disband into specific garrison
Clan parties can have limits to how high their party cost can go do to upgrades
Clan parties can be set to prefer upgrade types and recruit types
With enough fiefs (as faction ruler), it is possible to split some clans members into a new vassal clan

Faction, Vassal, Ruler
Transparent causes for war and peace
Transparent reason for election of fief owner and guidance/info to obtaining more fiefs as vassal (show why not on ballot)
Player can become marshal or advisor and set targets for AI armies and have more sway on war/peace
Player ruler can set targets and command for AI armies and lords.
Player ruler has options to change the rules of vassal control and elections if they want to play with full control
Player ruler can disband kingdom, kicking out all vassals, who may rebel and keep fiefs
Player can change or extend the type of notables/recruit available in their fiefs via costs and quests
Player can send a messenger to potential vassals and Merc clans
Player ruler can build a "special prison" that is harder to escape from, at the cost of some relations and other penalties
Player ruler can corrupt fiefs, causing bandit notables and other irregular units to recruit at a cost....

Siege
-better performance and full control of troops in siege
-better UI for formation, grouping, commanding troops before and during siege. Dumping all troops into "1 and 2" is not okay.

..... I'm exhausted and there's still so much more lol

RTS Camera
now the od doesn't work cause of updates.

this should be on the main game. after trying it , is almost impossible to play again without it.

Meaningful rebellions (tied to relationship)
Functional sieges (fix the pathing and sieges already TW)
More interactable interiors in villages, castles and cities, possibly tied to quest (like some are already)

Character system
-remove the "global skill learning rate reduction per character level up", levels don't give any direct benefit, why do this?
-add alternate skill system for skills (medicine, engineer) that just don't fit with the general skill up by use style. We need these BEFORE we do their actions.
-let lone clans create armies from clan parties to raise leadership, or add equally fast way to raise leadership
-player can be a governor(via npc minister?) OR player gains benefit from all governor perks.
-revamp, redesign or add/remove perks as you wish, IMO it's not a very good system and any change is welcome

Troops Balancing
-Cap the speed bonus damage of low tier units, they get to many cheap shots on high tier units because of the high tier's speed.
-More dramatic difference in performance and survivability between low and high tier troops
-Cavalry need better AI or longer sidearms to be able to hit enemies 100% when they charge.
-Cavalry need more defense and better AI to not be destroyed by lower tier units. Recruits should not 1hko T6 cav not matter how fast they are riding.
-High tier Infantry need to be better at fighting and moving in combat, give cheats if needed (-arrow damage, bigger shield radius)
-Add higher survival multipliers for Cav and Inf to compensate for the higher risk they must take
-Stationary ranged unit need to be better at shooting moving targets (Horse archers)
-horses eat and cost more upkeep (because horse DO eat and require heavy upkeep...)

Battle
-savable quick select of above to quickly choose between several of you favorite designs for starting a battle
-Troops stay in orientation when moving to a new location, as in the archers stay behind the infantry
-Troops are fully alive and aggressive on "Fallow me" they hit and shoot whenever able, no ignoring enemies allowed.
-more strict distance requirement for "retreat", no more ninja vanish, but possible with planning such as after enemy pulls back to a defensive position.
-better means to split formations in battle, such a 1 button press to split a large formation into 2
-no fighting on the village maps with more then 100 units total, it's just not big enough
-no fighting on the village map just because near village, wtf are we all 500+ going into the village to have a fight?
-removal of maps that aren't as described above such as "horse fall down trail" and "trees trees and more trees"

Clan and NPC
Enemies who "don't want to fight" go away and don't repeat their action for some significant amount of time (no raiding you fiefs again for 20 days exct)
Enemies "who don't want to fight" have some alternative option if you have good relations
Some lords hold a grudge if you beat them or kill (in combat) a friend, they may seek your clan out specifically
With enough fiefs (as faction ruler), it is possible to split some clans members into a new vassal clan

Faction, Vassal, Ruler
Transparent reason for election of fief owner and guidance/info to obtaining more fiefs as vassal (show why not on ballot)
Player can become marshal or advisor and set targets for AI armies and have more sway on war/peace
Player ruler has options to change the rules of vassal control and elections if they want to play with full control
Player ruler can disband kingdom, kicking out all vassals, who may rebel and keep fiefs
Player can change or extend the type of notables/recruit available in their fiefs via costs and quests
Player ruler can build a "special prison" that is harder to escape from, at the cost of some relations and other penalties
Player ruler can corrupt fiefs, causing bandit notables and other irregular units to recruit at a cost....

Siege
-better UI for formation, grouping, commanding troops before and during siege. Dumping all troops into "1 and 2" is not okay.

This is an awesome list, thanks for putting it together. If they could get these ideas implemented I think I would be excited again. It's probably just me but i would like to be able to create my own troop trees when i create my kingdom. Maybe even add smithing somehow into the quality of the armor and weapons for the troops in your army. Could give your army a "style" you create. Would increase replayability i believe and give the smithing feature more depth than what it is now.

Anyway, thanks for putting this together, hopefully it gets noticed AND implemented.

Character system

Troops Balancing

Battle

Clan and NPC

Faction, Vassal, Ruler

Siege

giphy.gif

I would like to add clan specific troops. Maybe something similar to knighthood orders or the minor clans but a specific troop tree only availablee to a few clans. Your clan would have one and it would be very expensive but a great money sink. Not a large troop tree just two or three branches and very expensive to get upgrades for

Realistically?
More Kingdom to Kingdom diplomacy in the shape of Defensive alliances (minimum) against dominant factions who've increased their power/territory in a short amount of time or won several wars in a row without conceding any territory. Rebellions countered the snowballing fantastically but it's still kind of apparent & rebellions biggest effect seems to have been that wiping out factions is much much harder as I've seen 2 factions been pushed back to their last city n handful of castles before making a magnificent comeback without any player assistance.

More Clan control. Would be a fantastic feature if we were able to give party commands, either telling them what to do or at the very least tell them what they can't do. e.g. I don't want my relation randomly falling with places so being able to tell them not to raid, attack villagers or caravans would be great.

Finally education for children and some more control over children. Maybe controlling which settlement they stay at & being able to try for children with your spouse or not if you feel you need more or fewer.

Minus optimisation and bug fixing I feel like these are important ones that'd make the mid-late game much more enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom