Bannerlord was a grift

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry I didn't want to come back here - but this is the worst comment on the forum....

I actually feel physically sick at the idea of you using 'call of duty' as a positive example....

The game should be released - when it is done. Not before, not close to, when it is finished. You can complain to an extent about how long that takes - but this is just painful... All three of your examples are much much larger studios - indeed Total War has 3 separate sub-studios producing games under the 'Total War' title. Not to mention that all 3 of those titles are renowned for being buggy messes on launch and for sometimes years afterwards.

Awful awful examples.
As James said, when exactly do you think they will make it good enough to be "released"? If you look at the game footage from 2016 (when it was promised to be released), it hasn't changed all that much. What have they been doing during that time?

Whether or not they are slow in their development gives no excuse for 5 years and barely any development. Really, what have they actually done in that time that has improved the game, based on what we saw back then? And by the way, whether or not you like call of duty or not, they pump games out like crazy, and sell like hell. While some of them (we don't talk about ghosts) are not the best, they have been a driving force in the video game market for well over a decade, well during TW's buffonery. While TW and Paradox have far more devs, they also have far more games to produce -- TW has had literally one game since Warband stopped updating. In terms of devs to game ratio, TW actually has more in this regard.

People will not be convinced to your side by saying "rock music isn't real music", they may be by "Jazz takes actual skill" (its not a perfect analogy as both take skill, but I get your point).
You're literally that person. And no one would be convinced by that whatsoever. Can you actually not comprehend that people like a game even if they have played previous ones. People aren't going to go "Oh, BL doesn't have ****ty feasts, game bad". No, they're just gonna like the game. I don't understand how you cannot understand this. Going back to music, if people only cared about technical aspects of music and talent, nobody would have ever listened to Nirvana and they would stick to classical music. Different people have different tastes, and you have to accept that some people don't like your beloved WB as much as you do.
I say we give them the honest truth.
And you aren't. You really aren't. People who have actually given great feedback and done work are people like Jance, even the new modding letter then failed. They're the ones who are actually working with TW and trying to make the game better. You're just spouting **** and claiming that you're a savior. It is incredibly egotistical.

Better people have given far better criticism then either of us ever could.
Mexxico's post has been taken into account, however I disagree with parts of it.
Also, you literally can't disagree with that post. It isn't something you disagree with. He is telling us, the community, what it has been like at TW.

As for the game being "finished", it will be finished when the devs say it does. They will add features until they want to move on to another IP, be it the fabled Space game of M&B 3.

Also.
And trust me, I am far ruder face to face.
Not something to brag about. "Hey guys, you should know, I'm actually an awful person to talk to face to face, so you should be happy that you're not speaking to me."

Can you actually not comprehend that people like a game even if they have played previous ones.
I’m terms of bannerlord over warband? No.
People aren't going to go "Oh, BL doesn't have ****ty feasts, game bad". No, they're just gonna like the game. I don't understand how you cannot understand this.
This is like asking why you can't understand people's position on flat earth. On the flavor of just eating ice VS ice cream. They are not equal positions, I have explained many times why they are not such, and instead of arguing you just say "well, I like the game. Why can't you understand that!?"
Going back to music,
Nah. I think I'm good.
and you have to accept that some people don't like your beloved WB as much as you do.
I don't mind if people dont like WB, but if they like Bannerlord over WB, something is wrong, because they either value graphics or simply enjoy an inferior product. It's like saying you enjoy tap water to fiji bottled water. Why????
And you aren't. You really aren't. People who have actually given great feedback and done work are people like Jance, even the new modding letter then failed. They're the ones who are actually working with TW and trying to make the game better. You're just spouting **** and claiming that you're a savior. It is incredibly egotistical.
I am. It's just different from your/other ways. Why can't you just understand that my way is different and accept it? Everyone's way is subjective and different and equally valid.
Also, you literally can't disagree with that post. It isn't something you disagree with. He is telling us, the community, what it has been like at TW.
I don't disagree with the factual statement that they are slow, my point is that I hate how slow they are and that it doesn't HAVE to be that way. Other companies show that it can be done in a better fashion.
As for the game being "finished", it will be finished when the devs say it does. They will add features until they want to move on to another IP, be it the fabled Space game of M&B 3.
Obviously the game is finished when the devs say it is finished? I don't think anyone's disputing that. I think what we are disputing is that it should have been finished a decade ago.

So you shouldn't be taken seriously on the topic of what should be done for BL. If you cannot comprehend why some people prefer different things to others then why should we listen to your critiques. If you cannot comprehend why people prefer BL to WB then you should not be the one to critique BL.
I don't mind if people dont like WB, but if they like Bannerlord over WB, something is wrong
You're right, something is wrong, just not with the people you think there is.
I am. It's just different from your/other ways. Why can't you just understand that my way is different and accept it?

q9khzibd1x911.png

So you shouldn't be taken seriously on the topic of what should be done for BL. If you cannot comprehend why some people prefer different things to others then why should we listen to your critiques. If you cannot comprehend why people prefer BL to WB then you should not be the one to critique BL.
I honestly cannot. The only leg up bannerlord has on warband is graphics in its current state, and if that is what you value in a game over gameplay and replay ability, you are too far gone.
You understand…I’m making fun of you, right? Yes, it is literally irony lmao I’m glad you got that one.

I honestly cannot. The only leg up bannerlord has on warband is graphics in its current state, and if that is what you value in a game over gameplay and replay ability, you are too far gone.
That's literally your subjective opinion that you are passing as fact. You failure to actually comprehend that people have different opinions on a video game to you does not make them idiots, it actually does the exact opposite.
You understand…I’m making fun of you, right? Yes, it is literally irony lmao I’m glad you got that one.
There are better and funnier ways to make fun of me.

That's literally your subjective opinion that you are passing as fact. You failure to actually comprehend that people have different opinions on a video game to you does not make them idiots, it actually does the exact opposite.
I'm passing facts about the game. There are features in warband that are not in bannerlord. Bannerlord is incomplete. Bannerlord does not have a functioning multiplayer, whereas warband does. Warband has mods that can be made, etc....These are all facts that back up my opinion, whereas the Bannerlord/TW simps do not really have arguments, aside from graphics...
There are better and funnier ways to make fun of me.
Fully agreed, but I felt like being cheeky in that regard.

If TW wants to be in the big leagues, then they gotta figure out how to handle tough words, as every other big company can. I suspect they already do just fine. Everyone has tried constructive feedback thousands of times, and TW scoffs and mocks at constructive feedback while ignoring it. Without pressure on TW or any other company like this, they will happily skimp everyone. That's just how it works.

If TW wants to be in the big leagues, then they gotta figure out how to handle tough words, as every other big company can.
I need to be careful so:

TW will never be in the big league because Bannerlord is a niche game which got a huge hype and sold a good amount of copies.

They achieved this because of the fanbase they got from Warband. Everyone who is not insane should understand this. They can´t do a Bannerlord 2 with the same issues as Bannerlord has.

It´s not any FPS game like CoD/Battlefield is, they don´t have licences like "only TW has this", they can´t release Bannerlord 3 with the same issues. But they also don´t plan to release Bannerlord 3, they plan to release Space Game X. They hope they get the same hype as they did, but I don´t think they will achieve the same hype as they did with Bannerlord.

They had this one game with this huge hype and it will be their last game with this hype. Armagan may hope it will work this way but it won´t.
But even if it doesn´t, he´ll swim in the Bannerlord money.

I mean even the broken Cyberpunk was like "game of the year"...it´s still broken nowadays...and it has hurt their (CRPR) image.

The game will get reviews like 8-9/10. Because reviewers will only play it for like 10-20 hours. And the early game is really awesome (think about you`ve never played Warband). But with a new IP and oldschool fans like us....

We´ll get a "decent" Warband game, with a great (read: the best engine) possible, modders will give us stuff we want. At the end we "win".

Just my 2 cents....

Last edited:
I need to be careful so:

TW will never be in the big league because Bannerlord is a niche game which got a huge hype and sold a good amount of copies.

They achieved this because of the fanbase they got from Warband. Everyone who is not insane should understand this. They can´t do a Bannerlord 2 with the same issues as Bannerlord has.

It´s not any FPS game like CoD/Battlefield is, they don´t have licences like "only TW has this", they can´t release Bannerlord 3 with the same issues. But they also don´t plan to release Bannerlord 3, they plan to release Space Game X. They hope they get the same hype as they did, but I don´t think they will.

They had this one game with this huge hype and it will be their last game with this hype. Armagan may hope it will work this way but it won´t.

The game will get reviews like 8-9/10. Because reviewers will only play it for like 10-20 hours. And the early game is really awesome (think about you`ve never played Warband). But with a new IP and oldschool fans like us....

Just my 2 cents....
Correct. This isn't about the "salty old haters" who want TW to fail. This is about us wanting TW to do things properly so they don't royally fail as a company. TW has a bleak future the way they've been acting if they don't change either now or later. I want M&B as it should be and that guarantees their success as much as our satisfaction. They however have strange ideas that don't match up with reality. A classic example is the way they've handled MP.

TW will never be in the big league because Bannerlord is a niche game which got a huge hype and sold a good amount of copies. They achieved this because of the fanbase they got from Warband. Everyone who is not insane should understand this. They can´t do a Bannerlord 2 with the same issues as Bannerlord has.

It´s not any FPS game like CoD/Battlefield is, they don´t have licences like "only TW has this", they can´t release Bannerlord 3 with the same issues. But they also don´t plan to release Bannerlord 3, they plan to release Space Game X. They hope they get the same hype as they did, but I don´t think they will achieve the same hype as they did with Bannerlord.

But even if it doesn´t, he´ll swim in the Bannerlord money.

I mean even the broken Cyberpunk was like "game of the year"...it´s still broken nowadays...and it has hurt their (CRPR) image.

We´ll get a "decent" Warband game, with a great (read: the best engine) possible, modders will give us stuff we want. At the end we "win".

Just my 2 cents....
I'd generally agree with that, however 3-5 mil copies are more than a simple "good amount". They really need to work on making sure the game is good, because as I've said, they have a terrible game with an amazing potential to make it into a good one if modders are allowed to do their work, and if they do some work themselves. All in all, it is funny the disparity between critic's reviews and people's (cyberpunk, though The Last Jedi with 91% approval from critics and 40% from fans was the funniest), which kind of shows what you are saying about Bannerlord, the trash tier reviewers who have 10 hours love it, everyone else who has more than 50 hours hates it.

If TW wants to be in the big leagues, then they gotta figure out how to handle tough words, as every other big company can.
Big companies mostly ignore their fanbase in favor of bringing in new fans with hype. Or they choke-slam the **** out of people who post salty around official avenues of communication (Paradox).
the trash tier reviewers who have 10 hours love it, everyone else who has more than 50 hours hates it.
Why do people keep saying this?

BL's 10 hour review rating on Steam is 89%
BL's 100 hour review rating on Steam is 86%
(edit: English language reviews, all languages are like 88 and 84)

Last edited:
Paradox only rapes their fanbase with some useless DLCs in my opinion, but at least they are optional. They don´t release broken placerholders games, at least not the ones I play (HoI, CK). They have a bad image but still deliver the most mainstream games when it come down to depth an tactics.

You can still argue that CK2 has more depth than CK3, but CK3 isn´t some Call of Duty ****.

Why do people keep saying this?

BL's 10 hour review rating on Steam is 89%
BL's 100 hour review rating on Steam is 86%
(edit: English language reviews, all languages are like 88 and 84)
I would like to see the stats for people with over 200-300. I'm not sure about them.

Paradox only rapes their fanbase with some useless DLCs in my opinion, but at least they are optional. They don´t release broken placerholders games, at least not the ones I play (HoI, CK). They have a bad image but still deliver the most mainstream games when it come down to depth.
Try playing Eu4 without dlcs. I dare you. You will not have fun lmao. Most **** is broken.

Try playing Eu4 without dlcs. I dare you. You will not have fun lmao. Most **** is broken.
As I said, I´m only playing HoI and CK games from paradox, can´t say anything about other games from paradox in this case. Can´t compare this to TW with two games with the same setting.

EDIT:

I also have Stellaris, but never played it enough. Too complex for me. Maybe they should cut it down to just some space fights.

IF I would have the time I would go down for real tactical war games, but thats way too off topic.

I'm passing facts about the game. There are features in warband that are not in bannerlord. Bannerlord is incomplete. Bannerlord does not have a functioning multiplayer, whereas warband does. Warband has mods that can be made, etc....These are all facts that back up my opinion, whereas the Bannerlord/TW simps do not really have arguments, aside from graphics...
Buddy, all of these issues come from the game still being in EA. No mods? The game came out a year ago. Bannerlord being incomplete? No ****, the game still has yet to be released. The MP is about the only actual point that makes sense. Even still, it literally doesn't matter when it comes to whether or not someone likes a game. If they like a game, there is nothing you can do to change that. You flailing around going "Oh hurr durr Warband better you just haven't played it so you don't really know enough about M&B to actually like the game" is really foolish.
Correct. This isn't about the "salty old haters" who want TW to fail. This is about us wanting TW to do things properly so they don't royally fail as a company.
Only issue with that is they're not. There is no dire situation for TW. BL has been well recieved. You might say "look at the forums" but this is the outlier, not the norm. The next game that they release will most likely be successful. Not the same amount of BL, but BL was the long awaited sequel to WB. It is basically like the Star Wars sequels, each movie made less and less but the last one still made a billion at the box office. TW is a successful company, and this thread isn't saving anything.
the trash tier reviewers who have 10 hours love it, everyone else who has more than 50 hours hates it.
I would like to see the stats for people with over 200-300. I'm not sure about them.
I love the backtracking.
I also have Stellaris, but never played it enough. Too complex for me.
It is a brief learning curve. Once you try it out, you pick up on it really quickly. Honestly, it isn't any more complex than EU4 or HOI4. I actually find HOI to be more complex in many ways.

I did back in 2012: it was fine.

As DLCs are added, they rebalance the game for all the DLCs. This is probably the worst in EU4 which is quite literally not a functional game without paying about £60 extra. The more they add, the worse it gets.

Last time EU4 was playable without paywalls was like 2015 before they added development buttons, institutions and estates. The game frequently breaks without these, especially development.

As DLCs are added, they rebalance the game for all the DLCs. This is probably the worst in EU4 which is quite literally not a functional game without paying about £60 extra. The more they add, the worse it gets.

Last time EU4 was playable without paywalls was like 2015 before they added development buttons, institutions and estates. The game frequently breaks without these, especially development.
Don't forget Leviathan. That alone makes the DLC policy for EU4 just god awful. You literally couldn't play as nations without the DLC, which hurt cause Majaphajit was actually one of my favorite starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom