Bannerlord is missing many good features from Warband and VC

Users who are viewing this thread

Everything from Warband on that list (except village management and tourney gear since I guess that's been replaced well enough, and obviously follow option has been replaced) were good and fun/immersive features that should return. It doesn't have to be in exactly the same form of course and can be tweaked where possible to make it more good/fun (for example, bring back feasts but make it so that kingdoms don't declare feasts while losing a war).

More immersive-world build related-management features are always nice for me.
Just see my whole post, the two main areas where I wished improvement over Warband was influencing the game world (not necessarily on a grand scale, eg. village caravans having 3-6 soldiers in them, not just 10-20 farmers, after you build the improvement "give land to long service veterans of your band"), and to make vassal status more interesting.
When I talk about world building featuers, I mean smaller stuff like this, not Civilization & Blade or Mount&Blade Universalis.

What I meant about not implementing everything. Some items on the list are not in Bannerlord, but I think if they want to do something about it, they should not import the basic WArband version, but an improved version. The vassal status is a good example. Sure we don't have feasts, but implementing feasts only will not make playing a loyalist vassal interesing. Warband lacked internal politics*, vote on kingdom issues, council/conclave positions, vassals waging wars against each other. Feasts alone will not help in my opinion.

*well, actually this is not true. If you were aware of the mechanics, and had good persuasion, you could ruin a kingdom from the inside. How?
- after a successful siege, talk with every lord, and ask them who should get the fief
- ask the king who should get the fief. Agree with him.
- now go back to the lords, and convince them (persuasions/high relations) to support someone who _is not what the king wants
- the king will award the fief, and all who wanted someone else to get it, will get a relationship drop with the king
Works most of the time, expect with really nice vassals ("upstanding" I think, they are very hard to turn against their liege)

I don't think they should put the Viking Conquest stuff in vanilla Bannerlord but it would work great as DLC. The job minigames from VC weren't amazing or anything but the point was to give the player options and provide more ways of roleplaying than just being a trader or warrior. It was there for immersion and roleplaying, like quite a lot of other features in M&B.

The ideal thing would be features what modders always struggle with.
I can imagine a modder implementing feasts, but I cannot imagine the below:

the game is easier to mod, if these are in base game with one example each:
- a beast. Hunting a tiger, wolf, bear or something similar. I think this is the issue which no mod could solve, animals which can cause damage to the player with having a rider. (I think most mods spawn an invisible rider on the mount, and than it mostly behaves like a beast). I think a "hunt the tiger" quest would be enough to act as an example.
- different changes on troops (weapons speed, ironflesh value, movement speed, etc) based on commands or scripts. Similar to VC shield taunt/berserk. It would be nice for fantasy mods to represent blessings and hexes. What would work: learn VC style shield taunt as a leadership trait.
- drastically different scale enemies (I feel most modders struggled with this, and while there are playable solutions, they are never perfect). The Bannerlord height function is a nice step forward I think, but it is not enough for a dragon or an ogre. Well, I cannot think anything which would make sense in bannerlord, but having this huge scale. Still would be nice.
- area effect attacks for either weapons or models. Both push backwards (for giants to throw people around), and something like a grenade (to work as a vehicle for fireball type spells). Similarly to Total War: most troops are normal, but you can give the "elephant attack" animation to infantry, and than they behave like berserkers. I think some naphta weapons could work maybe.

Some items on the list are not in Bannerlord, but I think if they want to do something about it, they should not import the basic WArband version, but an improved version.
I do agree with this. Obviously some things shouldn't just be added verbatim. But in general all of them are good features that should be readded in some form.
The ideal thing would be features what modders always struggle with.
the game is easier to mod, if these are in base game with one example each:
- a beast. Hunting a tiger, wolf, bear or something similar. I think this is the issue which no mod could solve, animals which can cause damage to the player with having a rider. (I think most mods spawn an invisible rider on the mount, and than it mostly behaves like a beast). I think a "hunt the tiger" quest would be enough to act as an example.
- different changes on troops (weapons speed, ironflesh value, movement speed, etc) based on commands or scripts. Similar to VC shield taunt/berserk. It would be nice for fantasy mods to represent blessings and hexes. What would work: learn VC style shield taunt as a leadership trait.
- drastically different scale enemies (I feel most modders struggled with this, and while there are playable solutions, they are never perfect). The Bannerlord height function is a nice step forward I think, but it is not enough for a dragon or an ogre. Well, I cannot think anything which would make sense in bannerlord, but having this huge scale. Still would be nice.
- area effect attacks for either weapons or models. Both push backwards (for giants to throw people around), and something like a grenade (to work as a vehicle for fireball type spells). Similarly to Total War: most troops are normal, but you can give the "elephant attack" animation to infantry, and than they behave like berserkers. I think some naphta weapons could work maybe.
I agree with this, these would be good things to add to make "Bannerlord: DLC" a nice easy base for modding, like Warband was to M&B1.
-Hunting could feature lions in the Aserai region, bears around Sturgia, wolves in the area of the Empire, boars around Vlandia, Caspian tigers in Khuzait territory, and stags around Battania. Also, wild birds would make it easier for modders to introduce flying creatures.
-Elephants as a recruitable unit from the very south of the map in an expansion could make a good base for modding in large-scale creatures. The Aserai's real-life partial inspiration, the Sassanians, used war elephants.
-yeah, naphtha could be very cool, would make sense as Greek Fire for the Empire (like the Byzantines). So you could give each faction a special rare unit in the DLC: elephants to the aserai, greek fire throwers to the empire, extremely early chinese gunpowder fire arrows to the khuzaits (would also make gunpowder modding easier), scythed charioteers to the battanians (good for making wheeled vehicle implementation easier), teams of hunting dogs for Vlandians, and catapult ships for Sturgia.

I would love to have even a basic form of water travel in port cities, AI doesn't have to have the ability if it is too complex, just something for the player. Buying transport from the city to another port city and watch the automatic boat ride (Keeping it simple for coding reasons)
Feasts, oh how i miss thee
Camps, yes please!
Giving orders, even simple ones, like raid here or catch enemy, patrol around area (with limited time like 10 days)
Books
Refocus through really expensive academies that take money or renown
Something that spends renown or give it a better passive benefit.
More food options.
You guys are great, i believe in you. I hope this is not too much to ask

Back
Top Bottom