Bannerlord Discussion Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Users who are viewing this thread

Alexander13 said:
Tomorrow will be a blog? :grin:

depends. The last blog was supposed to be published in July, so we already had one Thursday without a blog. However

a new weekly blog! Every Thursday,

is a open starting date. As long they do it weekly, they can start it tomorrow, or next week, or next month.

Alexander13 said:
Yaga said:
This is the topic that will be 4000 pages?  :smile:
Приятно видеть человека с rusmnb. Думаю 4 000 не предел...
Взаимно)
Однажды мне сделали замечание за русский язык и просили писать только на английском. Давай уважим местных ребят, чтоб и они могли читать то, что мы пишем, а то опять кто нибудь расстроится :wink:
Mutually)
Once they made a remark me for the Russian language and asked to write only in English. Let's we will not upset them and will write in english to they will can read that we write (although I write and read with an automatic translator :grin: ).

So the new blog came out after a long time of waiting, and unsurprisingly, its not about the game itself, but about the team. I personally dont mind that, i expected that to be something to be made as one of the first blog posts tbh... however, you could smell the salt in that blog's comment section from miles away... And the first pages are nothing but that with a mix of sarcasm... :lol:

Indeed. It has been 1778 days since the announcement trailer of Bannerlord, 254 weeks/42,672 hours/2,560,320 minutes/153,619,200 seconds. We cannot wait a week.  :lol: XD

I hadn't seen this article (with some talk form Armagan) from a few weeks ago: https://venturebeat.com/2017/07/28/mount-blade-is-a-much-bigger-deal-than-you-think/

Some interesting quotes:
“ESports is not a core feature for us,” he says, “that’s the single-player, but there is multiplayer. We didn’t try to okay the game like a sport. That was mostly driven by players, but it’s definitely something we’re looking at for our next game.”

While the medieval setting has appealed to the audience, it wasn’t chosen because of Yavuz’ own specific interests in the subject matter. “I didn’t really know anything about the medieval culture, just through movies and such,” he says, “but in time came to understand more detail through reading a lot of books.”

“We had directional sword combat in past games,” Yavuz explains, “but for shields, there was only one direction: forwards. A thread in our suggestions forum suggested using a directional aspect for shield combat, too. It didn’t seem to catch on in the thread, but it was an ‘ah-ha’ moment for me.”

kraggrim ?️ said:
I hadn't seen this article (with some talk form Armagan) from a few weeks ago: https://venturebeat.com/2017/07/28/mount-blade-is-a-much-bigger-deal-than-you-think/

Some interesting quotes:
“ESports is not a core feature for us,” he says, “that’s the single-player, but there is multiplayer. We didn’t try to okay the game like a sport. That was mostly driven by players, but it’s definitely something we’re looking at for our next game.”

While the medieval setting has appealed to the audience, it wasn’t chosen because of Yavuz’ own specific interests in the subject matter. “I didn’t really know anything about the medieval culture, just through movies and such,” he says, “but in time came to understand more detail through reading a lot of books.”

“We had directional sword combat in past games,” Yavuz explains, “but for shields, there was only one direction: forwards. A thread in our suggestions forum suggested using a directional aspect for shield combat, too. It didn’t seem to catch on in the thread, but it was an ‘ah-ha’ moment for me.”

Interesting article - thanks for sharing it.

Not to be a **** or off topic but I've been wondering lately. Why did it take so many years after release for a subforum to be created? It took Callum like a day to make.

Too few things to talk about. The old official thread is mostly off-topic spam.
Now the threads are highly speculative wishfests that will turn to spam too if there is no information for longer periods of time.

Sterikos said:
Not to be a **** or off topic but I've been wondering lately. Why did it take so many years after release for a subforum to be created? It took Callum like a day to make.

You mean after the announcement of Bannerlord, I presume? There wasn't a need, as Madvader says. They obviously changed their approach to PR recently which is why it has been made, but I think you make two big assumptions in your last sentence. I don't know whether or not it would have been left to Callum to either make a decision on making the subforum or whether he did the actual technical business of creating it. Nor do we know when they decided to create it or how long it took (though I imagine it is a fairly quick thing for someone with the know-how and admin rights to set up). I'm sure this change in PR (including the subforum) had been discussed and decided upon weeks before Lust left.

The existence of the very thread we are posting in, not to mention all the threads being created that broadly cover the same topics as one another (Gamescom this, Gamescom that) and the ones with horribly uninformative titles, does raise the question of whether we really need this subforum. Why did we need it, when people immediately created (and are thoroughly using) this very thread to replicate the old mega thread which was supposedly inadequate for our needs?

Gotta say I'm happy we've been tossed so much mp footage to watch lately. Also, some kind of security for this weekly blog thingy. All the months before being this place quiet, seems umbelieveable thinking to have this many videos recently. Thanks, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom