Bandit spawn rate issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Aren´t 10-15 parties a lot for one hideout? I thought it would be something around 5 parties each hideout?

At least I would prefer 5 parties with 20+ bandits instead of 10-15 parties with <10 troops as it seems to be right now?

EDIT:

In the early game a lot of small <10 bandit parties are fine, but after the mid game they get annoying and fewer parties with larger numbers are better, in my opinion. But of course we need to see the big picture, I´m not sure at all how they affect all the caravans and stuff. Just my 2 cents.

By time pass and player level up average bandit party size increases, it starts with 10 and at end game it is around 30 i think. But it seems this increase is slow. Maybe it should differ more. I will check again.

About number it can be 8-10 instead of 10-15. I need to check again. I think it is ok, 5 can be less. Here in weird samples probably there are too much infested hideouts around but need to check save files. These hideouts are cleared by player and also npc lords. Need to chekc why they are not cleared somehow.

Just wanted to update. I cleared this exact same hideout not that long ago ingame time. @mexxico Also I've seen forest bandit parties reach in the 60s.
unknown.png

@LeoWubs can you send your save file to [email protected] let me examine why that much bandits spawned in your playthrough.

Also your money seem 18m in 1085. 35k influence. Did you make some cheats?

Also @Ariakan i can examine yours too if you send.

Its normal each hideout has 10-15 parties around more than this number can be related with a problem. Maybe there can be 1-2 more infested hideouts in that area Ariakan but i see 1 in screenshot.
I sent an email with the save to the provided address. I used cheats due to being unable to play the game normally as the bandits got out of control in '84. I lost men faster than they replenished in villages and towns, villagers were getting caught and slaughtered, so towns start starving and caravans get destroyed before they make any real returns.

I sent an email with the save to the provided address. I used cheats due to being unable to play the game normally as the bandits got out of control in '84. I lost men faster than they replenished in villages and towns, villagers were getting caught and slaughtered, so towns start starving and caravans get destroyed before they make any real returns.

Thank you for save file.

If I were to guess I would say it's because those large groups of bandits don't have a party leader and take a huge hit to party speed, so they become a non-issue and that kind of defeats their purpose. I doubt TW wants that to happen.
that's why, create bandit heroes. They'll fit perfectly in the game...

A group of 13 looters/whatever bandits isn´t also an issue after the first 30 minutes. They´ll flee from you and chasing them isn´t worth it.

But a group of 67 is a least worth a battle/chase.

Of course it should be balanced, they shouldn´t form large parties in the very (!) early game but after the mid game.
I do agree, again the game would benefit from more structure and better scaling... clear division of early vs mid vs late game. Can even tie it up to your own clan tier and it will be totally fine. If they begin forming bigger parties when you are clan tier 2-3, and even bigger parties at 5-6, then all is better. If everything scaled up nicely then features from early game will still live up to late-game expectations... right now many features seem to just fall off in time: quests, killing small bandit parties (Which are most of them), tournaments...

@LeoWubs can you send your save file to let me examine why that much bandits spawned in your playthrough.

Its normal each hideout has 10-15 parties around more than this number can be related with a problem. Maybe there can be 1-2 more infested hideouts in that area Ariakan but i see 1 in screenshot.
Many users who started the 1.5.8 campaign are experiencing similar problems. As I entered my 40th day, there are many bandits all over Sturgia. Someone watched dozens of bandits in Vlandia, and I've sent the photo via Tailworlds upload.

@LeoWubs can you send your save file to [email protected] let me examine why that much bandits spawned in your playthrough.

Hi Mexxico

I just sent you the save file.
Can you have a look, and see if you got it?

Thanks for listening to the feedback, and have a great weekend.

It seems something is broken then. Maybe lords stopped solving issues when they enter settlements (when they solve issue related to hideout it is cleared). Will check at monday.
- Additional Reports -

I've met Sea raiders in Forest bandits's hideout and Mountain bandits troop named Sea raider.

@mexxico Any updates on the bandits? I just wanted to add, I just started a new campaign, completely without any cheats and no mods on 1.5.8 and in the game year Autumn, 1084 the bandits were already going out of control.

I have same problem , no mods no cheats . My aserai desert map zone is fully covered of a desert bandit plague .

Oh yea, Manhunters, RIP.

TW really should think about bandits joining each other, at least for all "parties" that have less then 10 troops.
do hope this will be a thing, I want to reinforce this idea. It makes sense for very small parties without any hero to disband and return to hideouts/or villages/towns. They should then regroup and create bigger, proper groups

And also cap how bandits can spawn from a hideout. The uniting into a big mob is a cool idea but also make it so they don't break the game

Back
Top Bottom