Banate of Bosnia & Republic of Ragusa

Users who are viewing this thread

You guys had this discussion without me? :sad: awwwww... Its really interesting how many nations try to relate to illyrians...  you have to understand how hard it was for me to read all the posts before me when i usually just reply random things before even looking at the post.

Serbian said:
You guys had this discussion without me? :sad: awwwww... Its really interesting how many nations try to relate to illyrians...  you have to understand how hard it was for me to read all the posts before me when i usually just reply random things before even looking at the post.
I don't think he was reffering that Bosnians were Illyrians, but that the Illyrian culture survived somewhat in the form of the equipment, at least, since Bosnia was a little closed for many new things that come from both East and West.
However, since that discussion is over, there is no need to start it again.

I added the skins from Native, which are to be used for Bosnian settlements in E1200 (added to Main page):

1. Greben - Unuzdaq Castle
2. Dobropoljski Grad - Maras Castle
3. Soli - Senuzgda Castle
4. Mačva - Culmarr Castle
5. Kučevo - Ergellon Castle
6. Kom - Vyincourd Castle

1. Dubnica - Ibdeles
2. Dobropolje - Yaragar
3. Banice - Haen
4. Rama - Fenada
5. Visoko - Vayejeg
6. Birač - Mechin
7. Prača - Sumbuja

I just wana say: " Religion in Bosnia at that time wasent chatolic, it was somekind of heretic church called "crkva bosanska". Pope wanted to make something like a crusade on bosnia becouse of too many heretic factions wich was wide spreed in mountian regoins of bosnia. Whatmore religon was a misc of chatolic/ortodox (east was ortodox wich was closer to Serbia, west was chatolic closer to Hungary). I am a Bosnian Serb I must say that becouse some of people that are playing  Europe 1200 wich have many nationalism against other religions that live here will not understand it and will say : It was chatolic-It was ortodox. And the fact is that Bosnia was indead a mics of religions not only one. If you want I can make you research and give name and religion of the villages and castles. "

Dijabola said:
I just wana say: " Religion in Bosnia at that time wasent chatolic, it was somekind of heretic church called "crkva bosanska". Pope wanted to make something like a crusade on bosnia becouse of too many heretic factions wich was wide spreed in mountian regoins of bosnia. Whatmore religon was a misc of chatolic/ortodox (east was ortodox wich was closer to Serbia, west was chatolic closer to Hungary).
You probably didn't read the thread, because we already had a discussion about that.
We chose Catholic religion because Kulin was at least pro forma Catholic.

HOWEVER, I must say that I actually find your suggestion about East and South Bosnian settlements being Orthodox, and West and North Bosnian being Catholic a very good suggestion.
Dijabola said:
If you want I can make you research and give name and religion of the villages and castles. "
Sure. look at the map on the first page that I made and suggest what settlements should be Catholic and what Orthodox.

Well I must admit I havent read whole thread becouse I wasent playin nor activ on forum becouse of college :razz: My friend told me about it and I took some time to reply. I will do some research on it as soon as my last exam pass (25 aug). I will post it here, and I will not use only internet and my college books I will ask my teacher (nice guy thoug :grin: ). See ya 26 :smile:

Dijabola said:
Well I must admit I havent read whole thread becouse I wasent playin nor activ on forum becouse of college :razz: My friend told me about it and I took some time to reply. I will do some research on it as soon as my last exam pass (25 aug). I will post it here, and I will not use only internet and my college books I will ask my teacher (nice guy thoug :grin: ). See ya 26 :smile:
As I said, I like the idea, but I don't think that some big research is possible (or needed), because finding those settlements was hard enough, let alone finding what religion did their inhabitants have.
I would suggest putting castles Kučevo and Kom, and villages Birač and Prača to have Orthodox Christian religion.
I Have updated that on the Main Page.

Витез said:
This forum is very good and Europe 1200 is my favourite mod.I am new here and my English isn't very well :smile:...I think,that we will understand each other.
You are talking about banate of Bosnia in XII century,as independent state.Banate of Bosnia(banovina Bosna)were land of Serbian kingdom.
1758d1171368411-srbija-u-doba-kralja-bodina-dddvs7.gif

King Bodin(1085-1111)
Bodin was  king Mihailo's youngest son .1085. Bodin came on throne,after his return from Antioch,where he was in prison.He gave authority to new bans:
-in Rascia,bans were Volkan and Marko,
-in Bosnia,ban was Stefan.
Bodin had two sons,Mihailo and Djura.
References:
Gianantonio Bomman: Ibidem. (II -127)
GIANANTONIO BOMMAN: Storia Civile ed Ecclesiastica della Dalmazia, Croazia e Bosna, Venezia,

my god where did you found that map??? its completely inaccurate, and its not Kingdom of Serbia but Kingdom of Dioclea or also Regnum Sclavorum
and that kingdom has had been called Croatian as well as Serbian by writers of that period, which is rather confusing

I am not going to start discussion,because I don't want to ruin the topic.I wrote references.I have it more,as I also have more maps.I see that you read wikipedia,that's nice,but there is often no historical evidences,but political interests.No offense,but I found different historical facts :smile:.

Different historical facts or different historical interpretations? :wink:
As for the map, I agree it's utterly inaccurate. F.e. when did Konstantin Bodin conquer all of thema Bulgaria and even Thessaloniki itself? For Bulgaria - maybe when he was crowned as Bulgarian tsar during Georgi Voyteh's rebellion, but that lasted for just one year (1071-1072, i.e. even before the map's first date) and I don't think they freed that many lands and most certainly they didn't conquer Thessaloniki. I mean, heck, that map rivals Dushan's empire!

I didn't made this map,I found it.As I said before,I don't want to continue discussion,because it isn't about banate of Bosnia.
NikeBG,take a look on map again,see how is marked border in legend.You will see that Thessaloniki(Солун),Охрид(on the border),Драч,Скопље are not serbian territory.Brown color shows serbian population not territory of Serbian kingdom.Cheers :smile:!

really, a serbian population? and on what is this map based upon?? even in time of Časlav Klonimirović and 950., a peak of early medieval Serbia, it didnt had this big borders...

PS generaly in early medieval eastern Croatian border was Neretva, then Rama, Vrbas and toward Sava, whereas teirotry south of Sava was also inhabited by Croats ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0okciŠokci)
This borders is based upon primarily DAI, but also other later sources all the way  to 15. century

as for Kingdom of Dioclea, while I personaly accept that it was serbian state, situation there is quite ****ed up, since sources call ihabitans of coast south of Split toward Albania both Croats and Serbs

and here is an accurate map of Dioclea in 1080, its peak
Early_medieval_Balkans.png

Витез said:
Brown color shows serbian population not territory of Serbian kingdom.Cheers :smile:!
Well, that makes it even more utterly ridiculous then. Certainly one of the most nationalistic maps I've seen (and I've seen quite a fair share of them).

Let us stop ruining this topic.If you want to continue,you can via PM or Maremagnum,but leave topic about banate of Bosnia.
Mihailo,sorry for offtopic. Cheers!

Витез said:
Let us stop ruining this topic.If you want to continue,you can via PM or Maremagnum,but leave topic about banate of Bosnia.
Mihailo,sorry for offtopic. Cheers!
Nah, I was just messing around and being bossy.  :wink:
I am no moderator, so I don't really care if you will discuss about offtopic things here, because this isn't really imortant thread, and everything that there is to know is on the Main Page, so it's ok.

OK this is what I found: According to my college teacher (who's a good historyan) made some posible suggestions to " Dubnica - Ortodox/Chatolic ;  Visoko-Orotodox; Birac-Ortodox; Rama-Chatolic. That what it schould be relligion according to medival church on our land's. I was asking him what would he think that it schould be so. For Dubnica I am shure that was Ortodox/Chatolic becouse I was born about 4KM from Dubnica and I found some ol' books in a kind mayor's office, he let me boorow some pappers becouse I told him it was for my college reaserch :grin: I don't know if you gona take it but college teacher schould know more than Wikipedia dude who is probably from USA :razz:

Dijabola said:
OK this is what I found: According to my college teacher (who's a good historyan) made some posible suggestions to " Dubnica - Ortodox/Chatolic ;  Visoko-Orotodox; Birac-Ortodox; Rama-Chatolic. That what it schould be relligion according to medival church on our land's. I was asking him what would he think that it schould be so. For Dubnica I am shure that was Ortodox/Chatolic becouse I was born about 4KM from Dubnica and I found some ol' books in a kind mayor's office, he let me boorow some pappers becouse I told him it was for my college reaserch :grin: I don't know if you gona take it but college teacher schould know more than Wikipedia dude who is probably from USA :razz:
Thank you very much.
But just for you to know, none of these infos are from Wiki. I used my and Hrobatos' maps.  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom