Ban-Bug? Sorry for bans on the server IG_Battlegrounds!

Users who are viewing this thread

I received a lot of messages about players being banned on the IG-servers today.

After checking the server logs, I doubt that the server was hacked, it rather seems to be tied to the ID of a player that got banned (Elmetiacos). This player had the ID "1" and from then on all players wanting to join the server seemed to be banned.

It seems that from 10:53:32 BST (or GMT?, not sure with time-format the logs are in) on all players that joined had the ID 1, starting with JZ_Berserker. Once one of those players using the ID 1 (Elmetiacos) was banned, it was transferred to all other players.

Sorry to all those who were banned. The ban should be lifted now and you should be able to play again.

I'd really like to know why all players had the ID 1 after a certain time. I don't have any idea what could have caused that.

Edit: It seems players are still joining with the ID "1". Is this true on other servers as well?

I think Taleworlds is having some technical problems. This has caused cRPG to be malfunctioning and I'm pretty certain it's something to do with ID numbers.

Yeah, this happened to me as well on IG, but I thought it was because I accidentally Alt + X'd out of the server and it glitched or something.
Still, thumbs up for fixing the issue relatively quickly, althought it looks like a bigger problem than a single server...

As far as we are aware it is all-server wide.

It is a problem with the TW authentication server which gives everyone an ID of 1. This causes the single banning of a person to ban all players as while the server problem persists all players have ID 1. ID 1 is banned so...

the-one-ring2.jpg

Vermin said:
Anyone having problems with 'incorrect authorization key'?

Because I have

Me too.
Needless to say I havent done anything that would warrant a ban and Im quite disapointed.

Have you tried other servers?

Because I can join some but get 'incorrect authorization key' on others, I think its related with the ID;1 problem but I have to make sure.

Fraemi said:
Needless to say I havent done anything that would warrant a ban and Im quite disapointed.

As I wrote, the bans happened due to a bug and were not intentionally handed out.

Vermin said:
Because I can join some but get 'incorrect authorization key' on others, I think its related with the ID;1 problem but I have to make sure.

Heard of this as well. The IDs seem to be back to normal, but judging by the incorrect authorisation key-issue, I'd guess that whatever caused the IDs to be the same is still creating mayhem.

I couldnt join our own server, but I had no problems joining Battlegrounds.
Yet, no bans were handed out on ours, since it was offline all day long.

The authorization server is indeed rebooted I think. One of my clanmates was having problems similar to mine(he couldnt see any servers) but he has no modded native folder(as I have).

Vincenzo said:
I created a protection to this on the 22nd servers, live tomorrow. when you ban and this problem is active, there will only be done a kick.

Live tomorrow? As in, today? Yesterday a huge amount of people (including yours truly) got kicked from the server for no good reason. This protection thing wasn't on yet?

AWdeV said:
Vincenzo said:
I created a protection to this on the 22nd servers, live tomorrow. when you ban and this problem is active, there will only be done a kick.

Live tomorrow? As in, today? Yesterday a huge amount of people (including yours truly) got kicked from the server for no good reason. This protection thing wasn't on yet?

Yeah I know, it was all fixed at about 8 PM BST

Back
Top Bottom