Resolved BAD Fps

Users who are viewing this thread

langy

Recruit
Intel Core i5 @ 2.30GHz
8.00GB RAM
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Some of my laptop specs and oh jeez. This game is pretty much impossible to play. I have it downloaded on my SSD and I have EVERY setting to lowest and it literally has for worst FPS ever. I have asked many people have they got similar issues and they haven't and I watch streams/videos of people playing the game and they are playing it fine. Says my system should run the game without any issues. Can someone please advise me on something I can try and do to try and make this game some what playable?

Intel Core i5 @ 2.30GHz
8.00GB RAM

Some of my laptop specs and oh jeez. This game is pretty much impossible to play. I have it downloaded on my SSD and I have EVERY setting to lowest and it literally has for worst FPS ever. I have asked many people have they got similar issues and they haven't and I watch streams/videos of people playing the game and they are playing it fine. Says my system should run the game without any issues. Can someone please advise me on something I can try and do to try and make this game some what playable?
make the v-sync full in graphics and make it medium in performance tap untick every setting and lower the sharpening and shadow stuff you should be good. Make sure you are playing on full screen

make the v-sync full in graphics and make it medium in performance tap untick every setting and lower the sharpening and shadow stuff you should be good. Make sure you are playing on full screen

I have turned down every possible setting to the lowest and still really bad fps. Tried what you said and still just as bad

I think I'm having a similar issue. I started noticing really major FPS spikes and more glitch-y textures yesterday, April 6, which make the game unplayable for me. I opened my task manager using ctrl + shift + esc and under the GPU tab it was showing 99% from Bannerlord, even at the lowest possible setting. My computer was handling this game very well the day before. Can you check the GPU usage in your task manager to see if we may have a similar cause worth looking into for the devs?

I think I'm having a similar issue. I started noticing really major FPS spikes and more glitch-y textures yesterday, April 6, which make the game unplayable for me. I opened my task manager using ctrl + shift + esc and under the GPU tab it was showing 99% from Bannerlord, even at the lowest possible setting. My computer was handling this game very well the day before. Can you check the GPU usage in your task manager to see if we may have a similar cause worth looking into for the devs?

I have the same issue you have just described. My CPU usage is 100% Bannerlord being 95% at times! I’m screwed if this makes me require a better CPU as I cannot upgrade. Only had the laptop for a year and it cost me rather a lot!

Just to clarify, It's the GPU tab that is showing 99% for me, and not the CPU tab. Are you sure it's the CPU tab?

i have the same issue. Since used to be I could only get 5fps, now it's basically just stuck at 9-10 fps no matter what I change. Nvidia GTX 1050 4 gb i7-7700 8gb ram SSD

i have the same issue. Since used to be I could only get 5fps, now it's basically just stuck at 9-10 fps no matter what I change. Nvidia GTX 1050 4 gb i7-7700 8gb ram SSD

when I play multiplayer siege matches my game actually run smoother than when I play singleplayer campaign battles. It’s so weird.

its probably nothing, BUT could you go into your device manager and right click on your sound card and post the date on the driver? I'm just gathering info thats all if its not a bother for you.

I have the same specs as you, and my issues appeared with patch 1.06 and got worse with (today's) patch 1.07. Changing the settings doesn't help, pretty sure the problem is on TW's end.
Others mentioned this in the patch threads as well. It's completely unplayable for me atm, but really enjoyed my 50 hours in game so far.

EDIT: Check your SOUND drivers. Thanks to Heinz' post above, I checked my Conexant Smartaudio driver and sure enough: out of date.
Now the game runs much smoother. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
thats great news. I think alot of people are forgetting the effect old sound drivers have on performance. i know the game needs optimisation, but an old sound card driver makes a system run really slow.

I have the same specs as you, and my issues appeared with patch 1.06 and got worse with (today's) patch 1.07. Changing the settings doesn't help, pretty sure the problem is on TW's end.
Others mentioned this in the patch threads as well. It's completely unplayable for me atm, but really enjoyed my 50 hours in game so far.

EDIT: Check your SOUND drivers. Thanks to Heinz' post above, I checked my Conexant Smartaudio driver and sure enough: out of date.
Now the game runs much smoother. Hope this helps.
How do I check if I need to update my sound drivers? I went into device manager and checked all audio devices and it says everything is up to date.

How do I check if I need to update my sound drivers? I went into device manager and checked all audio devices and it says everything is up to date.
right click on the sound device, go to properties and at the top it says "driver", post the manufacturer and date of the driver. also, make sure its the same sound card that is actually being used in game.

if the sound card driver is like 2019 or even 2018, you should be alright, if its older, you gonna have to update that bad boy.

Intel Core i5 @ 2.30GHz
8.00GB RAM

Since you have 8GB of rams, memory leak issues may have been the reason for low performance. With the 1.0.8 patch, we have fixed majority of the memory leaks. Can you check the game again to see whether the issue is ongoing? Thanks in advance.

Since you have 8GB of rams, memory leak issues may have been the reason for low performance. With the 1.0.8 patch, we have fixed majority of the memory leaks. Can you check the game again to see whether the issue is ongoing? Thanks in advance.
@Murat Türe I have a very similar issue but with a 4gb GTX 1050, and an intel core i7-7700. None of the settings actually change the fps no matter what I've been doing. It was stuck on 5fps for the first couple patches. Now it's just completely stuck at 9 fps no matter what I do. It's in the menus, opening cinematics, ANY gameplay no matter what's happening on screen. It's bizarre because it's entirely stable otherwise. No stuttering or anything really, just slow motion 9fps no matter what I change, or what fixes I try.

Back
Top Bottom