Resolved Game completely freezes when onagers/trebuchets kill target simultaneously

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.2.8.31530
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.

Vivek_KS

Recruit
Summary:
When your or enemy siege weapons start firing enemies simultaneously, at some point they kill the target and game freezes completely (you can close it only in task manager)

How to Reproduce:
How I reproduce it:
1. Start siege in world map.
2.Order to build 4 onagers.
3. When first onager is built - move it to reserve
4. When second onager is built - move it to reserve
5. When third onager is built - move it to reserve
6. When fourth onager is build - pause the game
7. While game is paused, give orders to put three stored onagers on the field simultaneously
8. Unpause the game
9. At some point either enemy's or your siege engines will attack the same target simultaneously and will try to kill it simultaneously. At this point the game will freeze.
10. Game is completely frozen. Alt-Tab, task manager, kill the game, restart.

Notes:
1. When your army is small and enemy build their 4 defense siege weapons before you build your first onager - they will fire your onager and can freeze the game too.
2. If you put your onagers without pausing the game or with a little unpause delay between deployments - you have a good chance to avoid freeze. If your onagers destroy enemy siege weapons first.
3. Reproduced this with onagers and trebuchets, didn't try ballistas.

Have you used cheats and if so which:
Yes, but I don't think it's related to bug. Teleportation and "kill last enemy which got lost in textures" (Ctrl+F4) in one of previous sieges.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
GPU Driver Version: 546.33
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400
RAM: 20Gb
Motherboard: Pegatron (don't know exact model)
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Last edited:
The issue you have reported has been forwarded to our QA team for further investigation. We might need additional information regarding this issue, such as screenshots or videos, save files or dump reports. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Ashamed to say, no. I can't reproduce this issue anymore too. Yesterday it was my first siege in the campaign and I spent two hours digging all the details while trying to avoid this freeze (and found a workaround with placing onagers one by one without pausing the game), but now - not a single freeze anymore. And I don't have a save file from that siege. But now I'm inspired. I can use onagers again! If I catch the freeze again - I will send you a video and a save file. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom