[B] TEatRC Warband 1.134

Users who are viewing this thread

Silver Wolf said:
I was just wondering if you people like this redesign?

2j5la0x.jpg

2cnce41.jpg

34xnvhe.jpg

xbfkwl.jpg

I might edit some of the texures later on, for example I'd like to edit the glove/boot leather texures so they don't clash so much, but first I need to redo all the armours.
Is quite refreshing to see TEATRC is still getting some love even if it is in spin-off form. I'm totally in for this idea.

Hope everything goes well! Keep up the good work!

Having some fun updating outdated models using mostly Crusader: Way to Expiation resources.
I've gotta say it's one hell of an OSP pack.

25tkxty.jpg

I'm almost 100% percent done with the Ormeli unit roster, all I need to to is make a few normal maps and some lod models.

Halted for the time being.

I'm almost done with the updated resources (models/music/sounds), but I need to start learning more about the module system.
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have any free time for that until late September, or more realistically October.

Also, Bannerlord makes me very discouraged when it comes to modding M&B these past few years.
I wouldn't like to waste my time modding a game that may become obsolete in a matter of months.

Somebody said:
Package up the assets, I can probably re-port the code next month.

Actually if you're still interested, I'd like to rebuild TETARC from the ground up.
One of my biggest concerns was a whole bunch of error messages which ruin the immersion and frequent CTD.
Because of that I'd like to start from scratch, and then add some additional features which fit the universe plus some testing before releasing the updated the mod.

I've also been trying to involve one of my acquaintances into this project, who would be able to update all of the art needed for encounters and menus.
I'd like to release something that's on level with the leading mods right now.

- - -

EDIT:
I'd also like to include all of the little pieces of lore and scatter them all around the world, maybe even make some sort of player "journal" which would serve as a collection of letters and excerpts. This universe expansion would include both existing custom speech for peasants and offical stories made by TEATRC fans.

Also, cannons are a must in my opinion if we're thinking of moving forward.

So in a month or so I should have enough free time to restart this project, but I still have doubts about starting before Bannerlord comes out...
I'm not sure if it's worth all the hard work in case this game turns obsolete in a matter of few monts, but then on the other hand I'm also not sure if the current resources will be able to fit Bannerlord quality-wise and how much re-adapting would be needed in case they do.
Besides, I would need some help in these areas of development:

First of all, what I would need is a talented scripter.
I think Somebody fits this description, provided he has enough free time on his hands.

Second of all, modellers and texturers.
I do all of the work on my own right now, but it would be nice if I had some help.
The needed artists should be able to create models and textures that fit existing quality and style.
If anyone's interested I'm also in need of modellers who can make lod models and test models for possible clipping (and fix the issues they encounter) as well as modify textures.

Thirdly, concept artists.
I'm looking for someone who could provide original art for menus and encounters.
It could either be something completely new or an expansion of the older drawings made by Jan Boruta.
I believe his work can still be found in The Eagle & The Radiant Cross Artwork.

And last but not least, sceners.
A lot of new scenes for cities and castles will be needed, quite possibly with some new scenery models I'll be providing.
If anyone is up to the task, I would be very grateful. 

So I guess that would be all for now folks.
Let me now what you think!

If you're still looking for help by November, I'll be happy to take over any non-artist tasks that need to be done.

Not that I have any experience with M&B modding, but I'm sure it can all be learned.

Shrugging Khan said:
If you're still looking for help by November, I'll be happy to take over any non-artist tasks that need to be done.

Not that I have any experience with M&B modding, but I'm sure it can all be learned.

Thanks for the offer Khan, that's the spirit I'm looking for. :wink:
If I remember correctly, you've spent a lot of time on the TEATRC Universe Expansion thread so you're more than familiar with TEATRC lore?

I've been looking for a way to compile all the fan made letters/stories/bits of information and somehow include then in the game.

I've also been thinking of adding short descriptions for each of the existing units (in MTW2 style), although that largely depends on the scripting.

Also, finally finished the Lion Throne brigadier armour:

lt_brigadier_zpsqpejc5kh.jpg

There's still some place for improvement, but I think it's mostly done for now.

I've used One of the Prophesy of Pendor armours, but I foolishly forgot to ask for the credits, so I sent a message to Saxondragon (the creator of PoP).
Hopefully I won't have to redo this model. I quite like the way it looks right now.  :grin:

Silver Wolf said:
Also, finally finished the Lion Throne brigadier armour:

lt_brigadier_zpsqpejc5kh.jpg

There's still some place for improvement, but I think it's mostly done for now.

I've used One of the Prophesy of Pendor armours, but I foolishly forgot to ask for the credits, so I sent a message to Saxondragon (the creator of PoP).
Hopefully I won't have to redo this model. I quite like the way it looks right now.  :grin:

Looks awesome, keep it up!

I want to coming with a suggestion even if I not play TEatRC:

Maybe consider adding new faces for women, such were that pretty from Pendor, I know as not were so popular because many says as were too modern but a bit of glamor is necessary

Somebody said:
yeah I've been meaning to find a better looking sigil for the lion throne thing (or a higher resolution version), apparently it's supposed to be a lion of judah thing.

I've actually used the one from shield textures, but it would be nice to have something slightly more detailed.
I'm not sure how people would feel if we replaced it with something like this:

lion.png

It's more modern, but it still has enough medieval/renaissance feel in my opinion.
The original is so blurry that it's really hard to tell what exactly it is.

Arnulf Floyd said:
I want to coming with a suggestion even if I not play TEatRC:

Maybe consider adding new faces for women, such were that pretty from Pendor, I know as not were so popular because many says as were too modern but a bit of glamor is necessary

Depends on how performance heavy and realistic they are.
I'd like to incorporate a least somewhat realistic face replacer into this mod, affecting both male and female faces.

Also one of my request for permission to use some models got denied recently so it would be nice if someone could help me with few random items.

Faces not were heavy as perfomance because I can running on highest video settings, have smooth textures compared to native, them were actually modern which means as appear make-up

http://bbs.mountblade.com.cn/thread-359343-1-1.html

Arnulf Floyd said:
Faces not were heavy as perfomance because I can running on highest video settings, have smooth textures compared to native, them were actually modern which means as appear make-up

http://bbs.mountblade.com.cn/thread-359343-1-1.html

Although, that depends on how strong your gaming rig is.  :wink:
I'd like to make this mod as optimized as native, meaning fully hand-made lods so even people with older machines (like me for example) and mainstream laptops can still run it without difficulty.
I even made a separate texture folder which contains low-res textures for those who might find the original ones too demanding.

As far as the face replacer goes I like the shape of the face, but the textures look like these gals are going for a night out. :razz:
I'll see if they can be tweaked to look at least a bit more realistic.
Honestly this bugs me a lot, I've dated an aspiring model whose skin was less perfect than that.  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom