AWOIAF or ACOK ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi everyone, I just got Warband 3 weeks ago ( best game I've ever played) and I'm looking for a mod to play. As a game of thrones hardcore fan, I'm wondering whether to choose ACOK or AWOIAF. I'm aware that there are many posts already in Steam and Reddit, but the newest ones are from last year, and I'm wondering if any mod has improved.
According to what I've read, ACOK is better in terms of graphic, and Awoiaf in terms of gameplay and balancing. People also say that Acok is getting worse with each update, while awoiaf is showing a lot of potential.
So what are your experience with the latest patch of these 2 mods? So far in leaning towards Awoiaf, as acok developer is a prick and it is very demanding spec-wise( I run native and with a lot of blue screens).
Sorry for making another topic about it but I just wanna get the latest insights before pouring in my time.

I'm biased, but awoiaf had a big update recently that added Viking Conquest style ship combat and travel, plus a ton of other new features. Go with that.
Ironborn2.png
Q-A4H.jpg
WOPdL.jpg
r6YOi.jpg

Haven't played either of them myself, but ACOK just had a new 4.0 update.

I have lots of friends who are praising the mod though. I think I'll try it out myself, but what kraggrim mentioned about AWOIAF introducing naval combat seems really cool. I'd try both if I were you, and stick with the one that you found to be the most fun.

[size=14pt]Awoiaf is better because it has a lot of mechanics that other mods has not. It makes the mod better. And i believe  that the awoiaf mod makers will make the mod better. Acok only has the textures i think.Acok textures is awesome by the way.[/size]

I like AWOIAF a lot better because it has tons of unseen features that other mods dont have, the map is huge, and it looks amazing.

While ACOK looks better, I can't play it because it lags like ****. Performance reviews aren't biased, ACOK really is slow. Campaign map is the worst, lags even on best computer.

Watch out though, AWOIAF doesn't have all those experience giving locations that you can abuse to get level 15 by simply walking around.
AWOIAF is also more brutal, it has Viking Conquest difficulty settings panel which makes it easier to alter it to your choosing. However I recommend not changing any difficulty setting. Leave it as it is and prepare for buying atleast 5 keyboards - you will smash them every 2 minutes.

I played both mods and the verdict is clear: AWOAIF is MUCH BETTER.
A World of Ice and Fire is far more polished, has better history, better mechanics and makes us feel as we were in this realm for real.
Don't hesitate, play Awoaif :smile:
Good luck, pals!

I personally prefer ACOK at the moment due to the world feeling more complete. I enjoy the wide-range of items etc.

However, I do like that AWOIAF have added more features and I know some people prefer the quests.

I need to get AWOIAF again actually, as I may do a pirate playthrough with the VC naval combat.

Back
Top Bottom