Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.1.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Auto-Calc Bug.
How to Reproduce: Reinforce a village during an enemy raid. The auto-calc heavily leans towards the enemy currently raiding the village. It is forcing the player to manually fight the battle to avoid heavy losses. It appears that a variable in the code was assigned incorrectly. This has occurred on several new starts, fresh install, and both with and without mods. It does not occur on 1.0.3 version. Fighting the enemy after they raid the village gives normal auto-calc outcomes, and the bug only replicates during the village reinforcement. All villages suffer from this auto-calc issue, no matter the culture. It occurs both while serving as a mercenary and as a faction member. Tactics level also did not matter as the losses were still heavy with 150+ Tactics. I have not tested this on normal Campaign mode, only Sand Box.
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 2060 Super
GPU Driver Version: Nvidia 528.24
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 ProWifi
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Nvme M.2 250GB

Hey, our team was not able to reproduce the issue. Do you have a save file where we can reproduce the issue? If you have such a save file please send it to us via ticket so we can further inspect the issue. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hey, our team was not able to reproduce the issue. Do you have a save file where we can reproduce the issue? If you have such a save file please send it to us via ticket so we can further inspect the issue. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Unfortunately, I do not. I deleted my save data when I reverted back to v1.0.3. I managed to reproduce the issue fairly easily though. Just get your party strength up enough to take on lords, then attack one while they are raiding a village. It doesn't work if you attack the lord while they are fleeing, only when they are still actively raiding the village. Surprise war declaration might be the best method, since they are less likely to retreat. What the bug does, is calculate some bonus incorrectly and applies it to the raider's party. You can take an equal amount of men of similar tier to check the imbalance. 100 (them) vs 100 (you) ends in an estimated 85-1 (them-you) auto calc defeat. It's a bizarre difference.

If they still don't manage to reproduce the bug, I will try a new start and get to that point when I have time. I apologize for the inconvenience.

(Update: 2/22/2023 I have submitted a bug report with the attached save file for the devs.)

Last edited:
Hey, thank you so much for your time and effort. I have attached the save file and your steps to reproduce to the issue.

There’s a similar problem when an army attacks another while they’re besieging a settlement. Auto-calc favors the attackers greatly and they win against ridiculous odds, barely loosing any troops.

I’ve mentioned this numerous times and heard nothing. I’ve actually give up with waiting on this game spend 30 quid for a broken game full of bugs for it to be released for free on game pass and it’s just still full of bugs completely unplayable it’s actually ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom