{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Users who are viewing this thread

Grats to Sparky. Makes me look less bad considering you won, lol. When we were 3 all, he started kicking and I died constantly after that. Duel tournies are pretty good, keep it up :smile:

Jesus YOUR LORD said:
klumpy said:
saw the winners list and lold

sparkys ok but seriously..

in other news, whats with the new **** mod tw wants to release? will anyone actually buy it?

this game could have been great but they just want to f uck it. >_<

It's a damn Mount and Musket clone. I don't mind the idea of DLC except that TW releases it as a separate game which means that our tiny Australian community is divided each time they release new content.  They should be upfront about what it is and keep it as a mod.

Also grats to the place winners, well done sparky I thought you'd need a great sword to maintain psychological balance.  I'm looking forward to watching the videos.

Average people are beginning to realize that DLC is a messed up business.

Oh, and congrats sparky!

nze said:
almost certain our top players were/are the best in the world

(none of which are in this tournament ofc)

smugness proceed

*In comes a massive amount of US players claiming rhade is the best player in the world*

I could claim to be the best player in the world, I'd be lying but I still could :mrgreen:

On the M&M news, I actually play a bit of M&M and I'm not sure if I'll get the DLC.  I enjoy M&M, proberly 'cause I'm one of the (in my opinion) better players. :lol: :grin:

pewpew said:
nze said:
almost certain our top players were/are the best in the world

(none of which are in this tournament ofc)

smugness proceed

*In comes a massive amount of US players claiming rhade is the best player in the world*

I only have the duel videos to go by but I reckon Toad would rip him a new one, probably followed by a "terrible, just uninstall".  Toad conquered this game, total transcendence.

thx man. it's still funny to me how half of this community has no idea who i am though.

i might try to livestream my entire 'learning experience' when warband 2 comes out

too bad i never streamed/released my videos when i was a god at this game

follow the stream at www.twitch.tv/nezev

love, 'toad'

ps i don't play anymore, and would suck if i did

some people seem to think i do

also, recording/streaming warband causes massive input delay, but i found a solution for future attempts

nze said:
ps i don't play anymore, and would suck if i did

some people seem to think i do
Yah man, without those skillfully-timed reconnects, everyone would recognise that you're actually one of the worst of the long-term players.

Edit: I saw that! As you may have worked out, it's a joke on the idea that anyone would think you sucked.

nze said:
also pls post some names of some good `long term` players

I've always considered you and thorn to be top tier, only thorn was more likely to make the occasional mistake. As far as the next level down,  Alatoras has always been good for as long as I remember, not that ive seen him around for a while, Yedrellow may not be 'old' but is in my books a good player now.  RomaN was good though seemed to plateau (is he now Caesar?) and maybe mungbe, goris and neurosis... Maybe.  The level below this is what I consider the proficient players (of which there are quite a few, myself included).  Examples would be the sparkies, Jajas, klumpies, Doomicuses and old peasants of the aus community (to name just a few).

I don't know if anyone else would agree with this sort of broad ranking though I'd be interested in your opinions.

I remember when Thorn couldn't block manually, and Toad thought I was a good player.

nze said:
yeah i deleted my posts because i've posted enough ego ridden **** already
If you weren't so sensitive about your reputation, you might've noticed that I was joking. Pretty sure I've never said you were anything other than one of the best players in the world, or that I was anything other than a mediocre player. But nah man, I secretly I do think you suck and that I'm the best. Yeah right.

and yeah, i remember that, you were actually one of the first people to understand manual blocking from memory

but then my buddies and i spent days in the dm server 1v1ing

Papa Lazarou said:
I remember when Thorn couldn't block manually, and Toad thought I was a good player..

Wow, must have been alpha testers, I only started after launch and you all seemed indestructable then. Also I'm not sure how new players to warband 2 will cope against the seasoned players of the original.  They'll need a strong stomach and a will of iron to cope with the carnage.

Papa Lazarou said:
I had a headstart from playing the old M&B.

I got the impression that most of KEEN's tricks came from you. Is that pretty much right?
not really. most of them came from thorn, actually. at least in the beginning. i've always considered him to be the most relevant player in this game. i'd take what he did and try to improve on it. sometimes i did..

the only 'new' player i consider to be good from your list slisky is yedrellow, he's a pretty lousy battle player, but his understanding of the flaws in the game make him a better player than most others :smile:

1v1 is this game is incredibly simple, it's just a matter of understanding a few things. yes, my dueling/understanding of weapon reach back in 2010 was pretty much unbeatable, but if the enemy doesn't swing back, how can i kill them? that was the playstyle of all players when i last played, but they don't seem to understand the logic behind it. dueling should not be a challenge with that knowledge.

and also, despite them being complete morons (more so than i could have ever possibly been), revs and jaja were a pretty good team. we worked them pretty badly, but still, they were the only other 'duo' to ever try to play as a team properly.

Back
Top Bottom