Aural and Visual Suggestions For Battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Reinhart

Veteran
Not sure if it's been suggested or not so here I go.

This is a terribly trivial list of suggestions but I thought I would make it. I've always found sound to be a big part of war games for me, the clomp of marching soldier's boots and the like.

What I would like to see is since we can now stand around the battlefield for more than two seconds, I'd like to see maybe the surviving troops celebrate a bit, afterall, you win a battle you aren't going to stand there and look at the ground. Perhaps the soldiers could thrust their weapons into the air and/or give a hearty 'Hurrah, Hurrah!' or equivalent victory cheer.

That, and since it isn't in the suggestion forum but rather the main forum (This is what prompted me to make this post.) Vocal representations of your character's tactical commands in battle would also be nice to see... err, hear. As well as acknowledgements, especially when you order a charge a battle cry would be awesome. "Charge!!!", "Aaaaahhh!!!"

Finally, while I am on the subject of battles I would be interested to see this:
Swadian Foragers
Killed: 6
Wounded: 2

Reinhart's Party
Killed: 1
Wounded: 10

And perhaps tacked on:
Battlefield Statistics
Damage Dealt: 1,306
Missile Accuracy: 43%
Head Shots: 8 (Bow or otherwise.)
Blood Spilt: 32 gallons (Kidding ^_^)

Yes, I know, it isn't an FPS but I do love statistics... I'm weird. Of course, I have no idea how difficult or easy it would be to program a statistic tracker.

Statistics should be implemented at some point, if only because there is a statistics button on the character screen.

Yeah, I agree, the sound is one of the things that really needs work, especially battlefield yells and screams.

Celebrating at the end of a battle would be a decent sight, too. A very minor detail though.

the celebrating would have to depend on the situation, you are wondering around with this party for weeks and half your buddys get killed you are probably going to be a bit more subdued in victory

Yeah.
This thing of celebrating goes back to my question on cutscenes. I would like to see (skippable) cutscenes.

yeah, i like the idea for "emotes"(animations without purpose basically) and voice commands. But i don't really want any for the player per say. I don't want a preset voice for my character, I can imagine what he/she sounds like when i give the command, but some visual/verbal responses from the NPC's would be really cool, add some more depth to the game...

wrestlerjrh said:
the celebrating would have to depend on the situation, you are wondering around with this party for weeks and half your buddys get killed you are probably going to be a bit more subdued in victory

Well then, based on the statistics of the battle, the response after battle could be on a sliding scale between: everyone on your team gathering together, perhaps even carrying the bodies of fallen comrades off for burial, or the fist pumping cheering.

The fish pumping cheering should be easy to implement, btw: just have everyone thrust straight into the air. :wink:

Yes. You repeatedly pump a freshly caught bass or catfish into the air to symbolize your excitement... or that was a typo, either way...

So, has there been any further update on the Statistics bit?  I suggested it a long time ago, and I didn't really get a response.  We all know that the Statistics button isn't used for actual "Statistics" now, but could it be added on to what is already there?  I love the idea of seeing just how much carnage I've caused after some 50 days.

-Grocat the Ambiguous Sex Monger

Back
Top Bottom