Assessing villages and settlement issue

Users who are viewing this thread

eskaar

Recruit
Hi guys,

just subscribed after finding this forum.

I wanted to talk a little about the settlement and village issue and how they effect loyalty and security.

I, with just two city are overwhelmed by the sheer number of task to perform. Even worst, if you have a city of a different culture and for a war have to be away on the frontlines for 20-30 days, you'll probably find your city in shambles.

In my view, the effect these issue and unresolved quest have on economy and security should be removed...a better way to implement this would be to react to sporadic specific event through a simple dialogue (similar in what already prophecy of pendor did)

An example would be that when some dude want some damn cow, you get conntatced by a messanger and can for example:
1 arrange for a merchant to procure these things by paying some money
2 do it yourslef
3 delegate everything to a companion

Of course, the rate at which these quest spawns should be much lower...for example a single quest/event every two weeks across your entire holdings would be perfect. As opposed to the current situation where they seems to spawn faster than your ability to clear them

If someone has a workaround for the current management it would be appreciated ....because after conquering two cities the game has turned in a quest simular and sincerely speaking is about to be shelved again because i don't have time to even partecipate in asingle battle or war and playing has become totally uninteresting

Last edited:
I actually like that lords need to attend to their cities, and that neglecting them during wartime leads to consequences. The problem is that war is constant. And the game could benefit from some more non-war things to do aside from some quests.

I think they will be adding some more things to help with village development and i agree with Artur that having the need to attend to a city makes the game interesting

Guys...attending to a city shouldn't mean having to fech goods for village constables and similar thing. And in my view it should not make you personally deal with them. You're a mighty lord, not a village head...

Anyway, the amount of tasks given at the moment with just two city and four villages is overwhelming. I literally can't do a single thing apart from resolving quest and this is a problem.

For me it is stupid thinking that "taking care of the city" must involve finding 30 cow for dude A and 30 sheep for dude B, which also ,at least for me, break immersion. I expect that taking care of the city should be something more high level than what we have now. Policies and edicts at city and holdings level, special event like plagues, fires and so on...and of course you should not be forced to constantly hang around your holding all the time...this mean that during war you're unable to partecipate in any battle and even replenish your forces

Last edited:
The last stupid mission that they wanted to assign me, was to get 30 cows because they were hungry. They wanted to eat steak?

Yes, having your cities deteriorate because of untended issues in times of war is annoying. It should always be possible to delegate this to a party member or governor. The reward for doing the quest yourself should be higher than after delegating as an incentive to interact with the system.

Do lords actually complete these missions? I know they will "finish" them when stopping in a city but just like initial party recruitment for lords i think they are just given the ability to complete it without actually doing anything. Capture a lord in a fight, he escapes, he respawns back in his home territory with like 50 units and immediately starts to run from village to village collecting troops mindlessly to repeat the cycle while completing a quest or 2 instantly. I dont think the lords are ever fully taken out of the constant ready and looking for war state they are in, they dont spend time increasing their holding's prosperity via quest completion personally because they aren't coded to be impacted by it like the players are and have little reason to care. Their main worry is war and they have no reason to gain relation with notables as they already have a large recruitment bonus for them too, they don't even need to worry about denars at all i dont think. So a lord can avoid doing quests and helping the prosperity of his holdings while still being able to pump out the quantity of units they need to constantly be in massive armies.

What im getting at here is I think the lords need to not be so stupid and that's what is plaguing our ability to have an effective and fun startup kingdom game. Make lords have a forced wait time to finish a quest, give increasing rewards based on the notable's relation to said lord/player, and maybe add some form of noble missions so that a lord visiting his own holdings gets a special mission that's related to a large boost in settlement prosperity/security/loyalty. Then you have to make sure the lords actually are compelled to complete these missions, which i believe should include a hidden lord-only quest which forces them to clear nearby bandits for a period time. I also think it's a great idea to let a governor companion which you've painstakingly trained to be your governor actually do something other than lower the settlement loyalty due to being a different culture or raise security by .05 a day. The current state of the game after you get past the first couple months is laughable to me, every time you try to make your own kingdom you're stopped by insane micromanagement which no other king in the game has to do and it grinds you to a halt.
Each time I come back to this game after giving it a breather I encounter this issue where it's fun for a little while they just becomes a chore as it goes when in reality you should be becoming a more powerful lord and delegating many of the issues to underlings if that's what you want. Can you imagine a medieval lord coming down to his holdings to help a random notable who's daughter ran off with a guy? maybe if you're trying to garner favor with a new town, sure. But why should I need to get 30 cows for a town when I'm already defending it constantly from enemy lords and defending the castle that holds it? surely someone else would be better suited to the task while I fight every single battle for them

Back
Top Bottom