SP - General Army Cap

Users who are viewing this thread

There should be a kingdom limit for the armies. E.g. 1 army to defend and 1 to attack. The deployment of these armies could then be established at two ranks in the kingdom.

Offensive
For example, there is the field marshal for the attack, who gets +1 influence per day to carry out his campaigns. But this can only pursue offensive goals, no patrol, help against siege etc.
Maximum army size 5 parties.

Defense
Commander of the Royal Guard for Defense, he gains +14 influence every 7 days (or +2 influence a day). He can carry out patrols, intercept attacking armies, strengthen cities, break sieges, etc.
Maximum army size 7 parties.

Then the king can do whatever he wants.
Maximum army size 5 parties.

So in the end max. 3 armies can be on the move. I made the difference in the influence gain between offensive and defensive because the defender has to do his job even in peace and sometimes has to compete against several enemy armies at the same time.

The difference in army sizes is because not all lords have to be in an army at the same time. I noticed during my campaign. We once had an army of 5 lords with a strength of 180 men and one with 9 lords with a strength of 250 men. So all the lords were completely in armies and they didn't care about anything else. But the Lords weren't really strong as they were only traveling with 30-50 soldiers.

Last edited:
I can not fully understand your reasoning. If you could describe this a little more, I would be grateful.

But I try to answer your objection as best I can. I understand you're concerned with the overall size of the army at war. Due to the limitation, this would be limited to a maximum of 10 parties, i.e. 1000-1500 men if you assume an average of 120 soldiers. In defense there can be up to 12 parties at the same time, which would correspond to approximately 1200-1800 soldiers.

A war would therefore always be in favor of the defenders in the event that 1 vs 1 was fought, which is also the rule in the military sense. Because the defender can usually determine the battlefield except for a surprise attack.

Now war is rarely fair, and diplomacy between states is rarely completely honest. Therefore an attack on a nation at war would be tempting depending on its strength. Because of this, the defender will always be on the brink of a two-front war.

Aserai and Khuzait would then of course have the same restrictions and could not set up larger armies.

I hope that I understood everything correctly and that my answer was adequate.

If this is not the case, I would be happy to continue philosophizing about this area of the game, because this could also provide opportunities for other approaches / food for thought for the developers, should they ever read it.

Back
Top Bottom