Armor, Weapons and Utter Glory!

Users who are viewing this thread

There are a few things i'd like to post in here that I would like some answers to concerning what I've come across.

First off, in the graphic's pack for this mod I always get the 'get_object failed for mesh: skybox_clean(r)_08 error', no idea how to fix this. If anyone has managed to correct this error please help me out on it, because I think it's an amazing addition to this mod.

Also, for polished landscapes.. I've looked through the 'how to' for installing it. I've got WinRar and know how to use it.. But whenever I install it into the corresponding folders, it always ends up being buggy and not at all looking how the screenshots appear. Tree's are all paper and flat and some textures are off.

Secondly, there are a few helmets and armor sets that I've seen in screenshots or worn by lords. How do you get these in the game? I've never seen them in shops and am curious as to where/how you aquire them. Or if they could even be added to the shops manually or patched in?

There is also the nice little 'solo' places that you can find when traveling around. Hadrian's wall, Sacred Grove, Cave, Rare Ruins. Is it possible that more of these could be added and make it possible to go back into them? I find these to be one of the greatest parts of this mod (as well as the ship battle and the ability to sail around in one ), a few ideas I'd like to sling out for more additions would be something to do with King Arthur or even add an old Roman fortress with some different types of roman armor in them, like an abandoned armory section?

Many thanks!

Patience :smile:
I am sorry to say, but I do not use the Graphics pack, nor am I by any means good at using computers so I cannot help you with your first requests. This guy had the same problem: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,186119.0.html
These helmets are won in tournaments/found in special shops. Try talking to the Tavern Keepers :smile:
You need 700 renown for this to work properly.
There's also a Dux Helmet to be found in Ireland.
As for your suggestion, I quite like it.

Yeah, the Graphics Pack makes it look so nice.. Just watched this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL0_qN9MK4w, makes me want to use it so bad. Thatr and Polished Landscapes, having someone to walk me through how they got it to work would be awesome.

Truly makes the mod that much more enjoyable, hell.. even another download with them already added would be a godsend.

Hm. I think with the armour you mean the wolf lorica. You can win it at a tournament or get it from the best weaponsmiths in England (ask in the tavern) when you have a high renown.

The Wolf Lorica I know about, but thank you for the reknown tip! The armor I mean is the one you commonly see on the lords, not the scale but the one that is like the Lorica, triangle trim I think it has?

And does anyone know what the unique items are? Know about the Beowulf sword and the Horn..

Found the items in question on the troop tree - Hamata/Goat Helmet/Jute Helmet/Byrnie/Captain Helm, never seen any of these in shops.

The Goat helmet is worn by Mercian troops, that's for sure. You can sometimes get it as loot.
The Jute helmet was either from Dena raiders or from a special shop, I think.
The byrnies can be found as loot if not in shops. Try to hit some Franks, they might have that.
The captain helmets are also worn by Dena Raiders/Ship Captains and possible Franks. I'm not entirely sure about the hamata.

Back
Top Bottom