Are skills leveling up properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

kappawt

Recruit
My Steward skill is learning at a noticeably higher rate than all of my other skills, but I did not allocate any attribute or focus points into it. I have spent more points in other categories, but I find these categories are not learning at the rate advertised? I hope this isn't a huge bug that has been overlooked. For example, on my hero Magna Willowbrook, I have allocated all gained attribute and focus points into INT and Medicine, but her skill is still at level 60 for many weeks in game time. On my Player Hero, Steward keeps leveling very fast, but I have not spent any points into this category.

So I ask, are skills leveling up properly?

Edit: apparently the Roguery skill is not leveling as intended.

I am wondering are there other skills affected, as the more I play the more I see some skills level at a healthy rate than others even if the other skills have a higher learning rate through allocated focus points...

Last edited by a moderator:
you gain exp at what you do
my scout (sarah)has 90 archery but 11 scout weird i know
focus = exp rate as i understand but then.
how "offen" do your hero use her "med" skills ?

if you have 50+ troops highest level they wont need no healing after battle?

wounded troop that recover after battle give medicine skill
if you high quality troops they will not gett damaged and so wont require treatment(so no exp ) (#let them get wounded)but not killed!

Last edited:
Your steward skill levels up quite fast as it's tied to paying your troops wages, which of course happens every day. Perhaps it needs some rebalancing since other skills are notoriously slow (leadership) but that's how it should work.

I've noticed my companions medicine skill only seems to go up when my troops are getting hurt in battle.

steward = have a lot of food ,bread,fish ,olives,grapes,meat,etc,etc

It does seem a tad slow, yes. Especially with how high skills are for other characters. And especially since I'm going to die one day and have to start the process over.

i recruited i healer companion early. costing 3k/ my 6k
i hope she lick my wound(and my troops)

Honestly the only skill I struggle with being hurtfully slow is Charm. It only seems to give me EXP when I gain favour with a lord. nobody and nothing else seems to count. I've sunk 5 (that right wasted 5!) focus points on it in an attempt to make it level at all because some of those end traits are NICE. I've made it to 20. :sad:

Throwing seems a tad broken though, defend a siege and just drop a few fire boom pots on a group of attackers... i went from 20 ish to 41 (my cap) in one battle, with one pile of pots (admittedly this was also a siege where the enemy AI went full derp mode and just clustered all melee troops together near the keep walls and did nothing).

As far as I understand, when they designed the skill tree and created this kind of development mentality, they must have thought that the gameplay will take hundreds of hours, so let's not rush and make the development of the player slow. But something is wrong here.

I haven't used any cheat and -according to Steam- have been playing the game for 15 hours. Yet, I possess two castles, a lot of caravans, etc. But my skill levels are so low, especially compared to the other lords. The level-up system must be speeded up immediately.

Last edited:
As far as I understand, when they designed the skill tree and created this kind of development mentality, they must have thought that the gameplay will take hundreds of hours, so let's not rush and make the development of the player slow. But something is wrong here.

I haven't used any cheat and -according to Steam- have been playing the game for 15 hours. Yet, I possess two castles, a lot of caravans, etc. But my skill levels are so low, especially compared to other lords. The level-up system must be speeded up immediately.
I agree, leveling is soooooooo slow. I don't mind them slowing it down in comparison to Warband but currently it's such a grind to level up.

Honestly the only skill I struggle with being hurtfully slow is Charm. It only seems to give me EXP when I gain favour with a lord. nobody and nothing else seems to count. I've sunk 5 (that right wasted 5!) focus points on it in an attempt to make it level at all because some of those end traits are NICE. I've made it to 20. :sad:

I've found that Charm levels up really fast by doing barters. You don't even have to give much. I've been giving Lords 1 denar every time I can and it levels pretty consistently, don't always get +1 skill point for each barter, but fairly often. Just need to figure out best way to level Medicine...

I've found that Charm levels up really fast by doing barters. You don't even have to give much. I've been giving Lords 1 denar every time I can and it levels pretty consistently, don't always get +1 skill point for each barter, but fairly often. Just need to figure out best way to level Medicine...
Why bring back this old thread?

Back
Top Bottom