• If you are reporting a bug, please head over to our Technical Support section for Bannerlord.
  • Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Are Dynamic Combat Skills a Thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

froggyluv

Grandmaster Knight
NW
I was thinking from another thread that monitored Bot behaviour in combat about whether or Bot's combat skills are effected in a real world way depending on whats going on around them at any given time. Im not sure its possible in this engine but for instance I wrote a small script for Arma3 that would dynamically temporarily lower a group or unit's skills when things like Ambush, or unexpected enemy Tank, APC or Air showed up especially if the AI men are poorly led by a low skilled leader. Both games by default seem to only have a Flee mechanism which really isnt that interesting as its an all or nothing On/Off switch and the men running never fight back, re-organize at a better spot or do anything remotely interesting.

What im talking about is what you're experience in say a game like Total War when an unseen Cav attacks from a Blind spot - the surprised units defense takes a skill hit as does the attacker take a charge/flank/surprise bump -now those are all just dice rolls so you dont actually SEE it in real time such as a badly timed swing or a rider doing some fancy move -its just all implied.

In this game this one of the reasons it just feels like robots with no fear or any real reaction as if a Cav charge at first fails, the low level looters or whatever just calmly counterattack amidst the horde of heavily armed horseman with shocking proficiency. Now had a dynamic qualifier that temporarily lowered many of their attack and defend skills -to better represent them as "shaken" -i think you could have alot more interesting battles play out.

Top Bottom