[Archive] Bug Reports/ Crashes [Read OP]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unclear. Is this a ford across the river? Is this a bridge over the river? (Not far from the castle(p_castle_35|Замок Харингот)).
KEGYt.jpg

4Mqiw.jpg

KonykSoldatyk said:
Unclear. Is this a ford across the river? Is this a bridge over the river? (Not far from the castle(p_castle_35|Замок Харингот)).
KEGYt.jpg

4Mqiw.jpg
That was their originally, but when we changed that the ford allows for sea travel, that happens. It will be fixed :smile: thanks.

Hey i need help. my game play is slow. like movement speed is slow. it has worked great for months then all of a sudden just went slow. rendering of the game is all fine so i am unsure of the cause?

Chewy47 said:
Hey i need help. my game play is slow. like movement speed is slow. it has worked great for months then all of a sudden just went slow. rendering of the game is all fine so i am unsure of the cause?

just movement speed?
on world map?
or in battle?
on horse?
on foot?

be more specific, we are not Espers to be able to guess what you actualy mean ...

Chewy47 said:
Speed on the battle map:
- More troops = slower party
- Less morale = slower party
- More + heavier items in inventory = slower party

Mounted speed:
- Slower horse = slower speed
- Injured horse (recieved damage during battle) = greatly slower speed
- Less riding skill = slower speed

Speed on foot:
- High weight of armor + weapons (encumbrance) = greatly slower speed
- Low athletics skill = slower speed

Michadr said:
Fanti said:
Something unusual said:
Fanti said:
Yozzer said:
Fanti said:
Perisno Version: 0.52
Description: Messages disapear. All messages (information about damage etc. during battle and events on the campaign map are not shown.
Steps to reproduce: play game.

I have seen this happen on other mods, may not be the same problem, but this can happen if there are a lot of messages, usually during a battle, and the buffer gets full and output ceases. Try pressing backspace on and off if the text ceases during a battle, that will usually clears the buffer and the text flows again, (assuming that is the problem).

Edit: I mean press the backspace key twice (battle screen on then off)

Thanks, but it didn't help.
Press "L" in battle to access the text log or  go to Notes >Log.

Thank you once again. Log notes this:
Unrecognized Opcode 2082: LINE NO 252
At script: store_battlegroup_data
At script: store_battlegroup_data
I do not know how that is fixed. I think there are just to many messages shown at once, and it blanks out. But alas I shall look into it.
This is from a page or two back so I if missed its resolution I apologize.  This effect can occur even in the native game without errors if enough messages hit the log within a short enough period of time as it is a built in "anti-spam" feature.  Typically this is only seen when a script error starts flooding the message log.

It will correct itself after you play for a while.  It may take several in-game hours (not real time) for that to pass, but in the meantime you can see the message by viewing the message log (as suggested). 

One thing you can do to help out with this, aside from correcting the initial error since there will always be a next one, is create a mod option to "show/disable the message log".  Using the opcodes "(set_show_messages, 0) or (set_show_messages, 1)".  This would let someone go in and toggle that checkbox (disabled and then back to re-enabled) to force the message log to reappear.

the easyest way to diminish that bug is to just disable useless reports, like shot difficulty, xp gained etc...
i only use the casualtys report, and can have 1k troop battles with no problem...
dunno why people didn`t figured that out ages ago since that bug is since M&B Vanilla -.-

Alex the Seeker said:
the easyest way to diminish that bug is to just disable useless reports, like shot difficulty, xp gained etc...
i only use the casualtys report, and can have 1k troop battles with no problem...
dunno why people didn`t figured that out ages ago since that bug is since M&B Vanilla -.-
Yes, but a script error can just as easily trigger the issue.  What I'm suggesting is building in a way for players to force messages to reappear at demand so that it is at least less annoying.  That and some folks like to have those extra combat reports.

script errors are not that common as far as i`ve seen...

and to be honest how often does that thing even happened?

i only had problems with that thing when i was cheating ctrl+f4 on hundreds of enemies...

there are more important things than just fixing a thing that has a low chance of happening and it is not a problem of the mod since it is a bug of the core game o.o

ex: for me on 2 diff playthroughs with no cheats had not have that bug happend, even when i got a nasty script error in an unfinished zone, messages still apeared and after 20 sec all returned to normal...

This is a minor bug, but lords who desert to other factions still receive the old titles from Native. For instance if Count Tolranius from Tolrania deserts to the Reich, he'll still be renamed Boyar Tolranius instead of Baron. Very minor thing, I know.

I feel bad even bringing it up, but it's so minor it's easy to miss and it seems fairly easy to fix.

i`ve been meaning to ask, why are some soldiers that use Lances on horse, also use them if they dismount or in sieges, even tho they have other weapons on them?

a bit annoying to see some kight dismounted, and instead of using his huge sword/axe, he uses the lance and does 0 damage while enemies pummel him into the ground...

I just remembered something else I noticed that seemed a bit off: Nibor Hood's Honor Guards give an insane amount of experience when killed (735, I think it was). That's more than double what Nibor himself gives, it's what the Heroic Adventurers in Pendor gave, and they're really not that great as units so I don't think that was intended.

But why? Why are they so buffed up? They're not that strong either way. Is it to make up for the fact they have crappy gear? And how come Nibor is weaker than his own guards?

Mr. Gloom said:
But why? Why are they so buffed up? They're not that strong either way. Is it to make up for the fact they have crappy gear? And how come Nibor is weaker than his own guards?
They're buffed because Nibor's party is weak overall. Would you prefer that I made them killing machines with heavy armor? :razz:
And who said that Nibor had to be stronger than his bodyguards? :smile:

Well, nothing, I guess. It's just, you know, you expect the party leader to be strongest unit in the party. That's what games always taught us, right? A character's asskicking ability is always directly proportional to their authority and station.

Mr. Gloom said:
Well, nothing, I guess. It's just, you know, you expect the party leader to be strongest unit in the party. That's what games always taught us, right? A character's asskicking ability is always directly proportional to their authority and station.
Fortunately we haven't created a hole in the fabric of gaming space-time so I assume that ϲ/α (character-asskicking ratio) ≠ Ά/λ (authority-wavelength ratio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom