Archers Range Bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Bug Description:
In some battles, the Archers Troop range is very short, only firing when the enemies are about 5-6 steps away.

How To Reproduce The Bug:
Battle using archers, they only fire normally with normal range occasionally.

How Often The Bug Occurs:
Frequent

Save Playtime(How long you've played that save/What day you're on):

5 hrs

Once you get higher tier archers its less of a problem. Some re-balancing is definitely called for but I wouldn't classify it as a bug just improper balance.

Once you get higher tier archers its less of a problem. Some re-balancing is definitely called for but I wouldn't classify it as a bug just improper balance.
It's definitely a bug. Here is the only clip I took of it, but there have been even more egregious cases. No they werent on "hold fire".

This is far from fact sadly. Definitely a bug myself and friend have found it but have been unable to reproduce it. Happens frequently and randomly during battles.

I noticed that before taking a companion the archers work perfectly. After taking the first companion (i gave her a bow...) the archers bug.

+1 having this issue as well, i notice its with the same maps, but i doubt the devs read this far into the thread to notice this little hint. Even if i make them stand on a obvious elevation, they still wont shoot unless they are on equal footing, or sometimes even on a lower elevation compared to the enemies.

I almost know for sure it has to do with the line of sight the archers have on the enemy. For instance, if you put your shield guys right in front of their line of sight they wont shoot, this happens in tournaments as well when the archer cant hit the enemy cause their teammate is in their path to said enemy.

It happens to me when battling at night, dawn or dusk. I think time of day/light effects range
That was my impression too. It might be a mechanic devs implemented. I would see something like a small loss in accuracy, maybe, but not flat out reducing the range.

+1

However it does seem to be down to the day/night cycle. As soon as it hits dusk, even slightly, archers put on their blindfolds and use there sense of smell to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom