Resolved Archers Not Shooting Unless Very Close

Users who are viewing this thread

I've noticed in my battles that my archers don't always shoot the enemy unless the enemy gets incredibly close (10 or so steps away). Othertimes my archers shoot while the enemy is very far away.

I've experimented by telling my archers to hold their fire, and then to fire again but with no luck.

I've been putting my archers at the very front of all my troops so there is definitely nothing blocking their vision but it doesn't help.

Has anyone else noticed a similar issue?

When taleworlds is gonna fix this issue, I still experience the same 3 weeks after 1 Apr 2020

Last edited:
Range is dependent upon time of day, I've heard.
Supposedly archers have greater range during daytime and very limited during night.
Make note of when the archers are shooting long range and when very short range. It might be working as intended and not a bug.
I haven't tested, but range should theoretically be greatest at noon(when sun is right in the middle of clock) and least at midnight(moon in the middle).

Last edited:
I have noticed that I need to tell them to hold fire and then tell them to fire at will and it sometimes starts them up.

Range is dependent upon time of day, I've heard.
Supposedly archers have greater range during daytime and very limited during night.
Make note of when the archers are shooting long range and when very short range. It might be working as intended and not a bug.
I haven't tested, but range should theoretically be greatest at noon(when sun is right in the middle of clock) and least at midnight(moon in the middle).
Interesting, that makes sense. Bows do have range limits folks, especially crossbows..although the longbows should be able to fire further away.

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were not able to respond to this topic when this topic first created.
We believe that this issue might have been fixed since the creation of this topic. If you are still experiencing this issue on the latest live or beta versions of the game at the moment please leave a reply to this topic so that we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom