Anyway tried Catalyst 10.8 with Warband yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Downgrade to 10.6 and it works fine, at least for me. Taleworlds will fix it eventually.

Schemer said:
Downgrade to 10.6 and it works fine, at least for me. Taleworlds will fix it eventually.

Not the best idea in the world though if you play newer games. .7 and .8 have performance increases in some newer games.

Schemer said:

Well it's good to know that "eventually" I'll be able to so much as see the title screen of the game I paid money for.

When I downgraded to 10.6 it got worst, so I just went back to 10.8 and I haven't had any problems since. To be honest I can't stand my ATI card.

Treebeard said:
DarkSaber2k said:
I've tried a few with dx7 and dx9 and it's the same whatever I choose.

By resolution I mean screen resolution (for example 1680x1050). If you go Configure in the main Warband Menu, you'll have a tab that says Video. In that tab you can change resolution before you start the game (or you can alternatively change it by editing the file rglconfig.txt).

I AM aware of how to change screen resolutions in games you know.

DarkSaber2k said:
Treebeard said:
DarkSaber2k said:
I've tried a few with dx7 and dx9 and it's the same whatever I choose.

By resolution I mean screen resolution (for example 1680x1050). If you go Configure in the main Warband Menu, you'll have a tab that says Video. In that tab you can change resolution before you start the game (or you can alternatively change it by editing the file rglconfig.txt).

I AM aware of how to change screen resolutions in games you know.

In your case maybe you need a factory default restore (if you have such an option) or a reformat and then re-install the OS and all drivers.

But I have a feeling that this is not what you are prepared to do in order to perhaps get Warband to work (on Catalyst drivers earlier than 10.7).

You're damn right I'm not resetting to factory defaults and reinstalling a bloody OS for the sake of the ONLY game I've tried to play that won't work with this card.

I seriously doubt anyone would be prepared to do that. Especially because it will probably work about as well as the other "solutions" offered so far.

And the really annoying thing? Steam flat out refuses to give refunds.

DarkSaber2k said:
You're damn right I'm not resetting to factory defaults and reinstalling a bloody OS for the sake of the ONLY game I've tried to play that won't work with this card.

I seriously doubt anyone would be prepared to do that. Especially because it will probably work about as well as the other "solutions" offered so far.

Understandable. The only other option is to use the bug forum which is a better place to get the devs committed to fix the graphical issues.

This would be the same bug report system where the Devs looked at this problem and said "Yeah, we can't duplicate this, it's not a bug. Update your drivers kthnxbye" right?

DarkSaber2k said:
This would be the same bug report system where the Devs looked at this problem and said "Yeah, we can't duplicate this, it's not a bug. Update your drivers kthnxbye" right?

Indeed, but the more people who join that thread, the more pressure they might get to actually re-evaluate their position and look for a fix.

DarkSaber2k said:
And then maybe after that I could unwind by slamming my head against a cast iron door.
No, a better idea to unwind is to play Mount and Blade (- the original, not Warband) with the mod Prophesy of Pendor 3.01  :smile:

The demo worked fine for me many months ago when I tried it, but after this farce there is no way in hell I am giving any more of my money to Taleworlds.

ATI 4850, Catalyst 10.7 here, alt+tab sometimes fixes the texture errors. I always thought my issue was about the "load textures on demand" setting, but reading this thread i now understand its a driver issue.

I'm using HD 4870 on latest drivers and all I can play is multiplayer (because of a mouse flickering freezing issue I have) and I do get some texture issues but they usually disappear if I ether alt tab, or wait about 2 minutes. Doesn't really kill the game for me (though that mouse flickering has completely killed the single player for me =[)

I am playing PoP 3 for Mount and Blade.
Heard they were making a port for Warband, so I downloaded the demo.

I have a 5870, and latest ATI driver. My textures are all screwed up.
Hope they fix this before the Port, so I can buy this game.
Using DX7 is realy NO option!!

kalle_kanin said:
I am playing PoP 3 for Mount and Blade.
Heard they were making a port for Warband, so I downloaded the demo.

I have a 5870, and latest ATI driver. My textures are all screwed up.
Hope they fix this before the Port, so I can buy this game.
Using DX7 is realy NO option!!

Testa att kommentera bort alla buffer_size rader i game_variables.txt i Native mappen. Det verkar funka utan att prestandan försämras.
(Test to comment away all buffer_size lines in game_variables.txt in the Native folder ... the folder is in the modules folder where your warband is installed and the lines are the first ones you'll see in that file. To comment them out, start the lines with a #).

Back
Top Bottom